Over 7yrs as a JW and I just found out I'm not supposed to buy Girl Scout Cookies?

by Maat13 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome here, never stop asking questions and never stop learning.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Maat13, Girl Scout cookies are DEMON possessed because they taste SOOOOO GOOODDD! Especially the thin mints!! I have a box of Girl Scout short bread cookies just encase JWs knock on my door.

I'm glad that you were able to see TTATT about the WTBTS. If you want to learn more, please visit reputable websites like www.jwfacts.com, www.freedomofmind.com, www.watchtowerdocuments.com, www.jwsurvey.org, www.freeminds2.org, etc. The following video may be able to help you understand the WTBTS better: Strategic Interactive Approach explained 2003 (1:23:23).

By the way are you married to a JW? If you are, you will save yourself alot of frustration if you wait to tell your spouse about your feelings. Your marriage will do much better, if you do more independent research of the WTBTS and vent your frustrations on JWN until you have a plan to fade from the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Hot Cross Buns anyone?

Our local Boulangeries make them 365 days per year not just over this period. We love to find the outlet making the tastiest ones - Given a light toasting and a good dollop of butter along with a Hot chocolate drink - Heaven !!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Maat13, welcome and yes if you think of anything else that's fun you can be sure they won't let you do it. Glad to have you with us.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I'm eating some thin mints right now lol. Even before I left I used to buy them, as well as my family. We didn't care our rebellion on that was going to help little girls w/ their summer camp activities unlike the GB.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Welcome onboard Maat.

'This is a perfect organization ran by imperfect men.' Its so easy just to assert something/anything nowadays.

Many people never check to see if what they have heard is true. And in any case, the JWorg discourages that.

Yet checking has never been so easy. However, never believe the first thing you hear/read.Check several sources.

Looking forward to hearing more of your experiences.

jlp

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi,

I like your first post -- it's as good a place as any to start. Lots of minor ridiculous stuff and some major crazy stuff in that religion.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Maat13 I'm pretty sure Gregor's comment on yard sales was a bit tongue in cheek. At least it made me laugh.

Yard Sales are the source of many JW urban legends where someone would experience strange happenings around their house after buying the odd item from a yard sale. Putting the item in the car usually took care of the the strange happenings until it was convenient to dispose of it properly. Burning it was always a good option. I don't know why you couldn't just say jehovah at it a couple times.

Strangely I know of 3 people who claim to have had these experiences. They included a bird cage, a hobbit book and a set of candlesticks. I know the bird cage was from a yard sale, not sure about the other two. One was a “ friend” of mine that I suspect may have been exaggerating. Another was an ex-hippie who may have been having a flashback. The third was from my Mom with one of her bible studies. I’ll have to ask her about that next time I talk to her. I remember hearing about how they smashed them up and threw them away.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome Maat,

I am sure you know a lot of TTATT as you refer to the Matrix. Would you say you have swollwed the red pill? Do you actually know the truth about the truth?

If so would you like to formulate an exit plan? Many find it difficult to just walk away and leave, they need a plan to help them with all the emotional complications of leaving.

Nice to see you here. Kate xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome maat.

Its easier just to remember that anything enjoyable is a no no in watchtower land other than doing stuff that gives power and money to the 8 paedophile protecting cult leaders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit