Hardcore JW Friend Predicts the End of the Organization within 10 years.

by kneehighmiah 73 Replies latest jw friends

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

If they want to end it they should just tell everyone that the new system is here, go and enjoy yourselves. Things will be slowly moving towards perfection so don't be surpised if things don't seem better right away. It might even take a number of years. Now that the new system is here we don't need to lead you anymore, jehovah will do that directly so trust your instincts.

• carla
    carla

They could tell them the new system is here already and if they can't see it then they are not spiritual enough!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have a relative who is an Eldub. He recently made an interesting comment when we were discussing the problems of life and this "old system" dragging on. I had just commented on how I am tired of some of the crap going on in the Congregations, and he said, " The END had better come soon."

Sounds like there are many, many exhasperated ones among the flock. One good scandal, and the WTBTS may lose many sheepies.

DD

• kaik
    kaik

As other had said, the WT will not go anywhere. They can stink for another 140 years of failed prophecies and misunderstanding bible and still insist that the Armageddon is behind the corner. There is a sucker born in every minutes. They may lose members, but they still can attrack many crazies into the WT who will believe whatever lies and nonsense the WT publishes. If WT will say that there is a hell, JW will be delighted that this is new light. They lack critical thinking and will no care how outraged nonsense can come from the Borg. WT would eventually cover its past lies and will come up with new date and new year in the future as the beginning of end. The second option for WT would be a claim that God decided to postpone the Armageddon as he did under prophet Jonas with Niniveh, and new world can be centuries away. For JW who spent decades in lie, they may get disilusioned, but they do not matter. Some would even accept it as a fact thinking that they will be resurrected in new world. My crazy JW aunt died believing that she will be immediatelly resurrected as the Armageddon was imminent, yet she is gone for 13 years and her children who are between 50-60 are dealing with failing health will join her as well. The funniest issue I heard is that they still keep her things and cloths as she will need them in upcomming resurrection.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Interesting, KNEEHIGHMIAH.

My BIL is a reluctantly "aspiring elder" as well ( he thinks he's going to help 'change things' - Ha!). He also doesn't think "the system" can last longer than a few years.

I don't know. . . Perhaps not an implosion, but something's gonna give, IMHO.

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

WTBTS has the silver tonguue of being able to move the goal post continually. When WTBTS lays of stinky BM like 1975, they rationalize blaming it on over zealous brothers, then and hint of a new goal line about 1986 as being the "Year of Peace" according to the United Nations. "This could be their cry of Peace and Security",,,,,"but we don't know". This bridged their idiocracy until the expectation of the "generation" was about to bite the dust; this lasted through the 1980's and 1990's, and with some die hard witnesses into the early 2000's.

It reminds me of the movie National Treasure where a clue leads to another clue and another etc. Everyone has their own level of tolerance of a continual diet of BS. As Outlaw says, "concentrate on the corn". Some JW's, for instance, my family, believe they have too much invested to abandon JW beliefs. Oh, that would hurt their proud view of their spiritual heritage to find out that it is valueless, and they have been believing a lie and following false Christs.

Personally, I take the stand of not throwing good money after bad. When Lehman Brothers declared bankruptcy, Who wanted their stock?; yes, it became valueless overnight. However, WTBTS can somehow keep people buying into their stock, lining up to get on the endless treadmill, even when they have over a 130 years of snipe hunting and 100% failed expectations.

Many on this forum has debated if WTBTS could suddenly come to an end, but perhaps they are approaching the tipping point. The internet is a game changer. The assemblies/conventions/regional whatever you want to call it, are attended in the U.S. by a graying (haired) group of people. They are tired and their health is deteriorating. The replacements are not made of the same material. Some like us here, have left the building. Thank you and good night.

• hoser
    hoser

everywhere I look I also see grey hair

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It is so close... We don't require any more donations......... nah, only joking, check out our new ATM's!

Send us electonic cash baby!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

May I ask people who contributed to this thread how you know that you don't have confirmation bias? This is an apostate forum after all. I left so long ago that I have no sense of what is going on. I do know that the Witnesses have grown a lot since the 1950s. The mere size must make it a very different organization than I encountered. I certainly see many more people self-identifying as a Witness. Perhaps it has been a long time since the McCarthy era. It no longer has the taint it once did.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I have wondered if this idea among ex-Witnesses that the org. has to end soon isn't just another manifestation of the mentality we were taught as Witnesses: the world has to end soon; look how bad it is! (No offense to anyone intended.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit