Hardcore JW Friend Predicts the End of the Organization within 10 years.

by kneehighmiah 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

The door is open and we have one foot across the threshold!

• Comatose
    Comatose

• Comatose
    Comatose

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

This is cognitive dissonace of the highest order - "The organisation is a mess, just goes to show what they are saying must be true." Only someone in a cult could come up with logic like that!

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Violates the principle of falsifiability. That means it's impossible to be proven wrong. Being wrong makes them right.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The b0rg isn't going anywhere. They sell a product you cannot get anywhere else, everlasting life in a a pardise earth.

What is 70-80 years of temporary servitude when you get to live forever with your own petting zoo and endless fruit platters?

It will be here long after we have all been buried six feet under.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

kneehighmiah - "He said the end must be close because people are so discouraged that the organization can't last more than 10 years."

He doesn't realize it, but he's grasped something significant; the fact that the WTS is as vulnerable and mortal as any other organization.

That epiphany alone was something that hit me like a ton of bricks, and was inevitably followed by the realization that if the WTS could crumble, it probably would crumble someday. And if that's the case, how can it really have God's backing?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LongHairGal - "Even though I doubt they will 'end' anytime soon, I think they must substantially change in order to just survive."

You 100% right; organisms that cannot or will not adapt to a changing environment are doomed to extinction.

Thing is, they're not really adapting (in spite of their limited - and more importantly, limiting - internet presence).

They still beat the "obey-obey-obey" drum more than ever, they won't budge on their child abuse policies, they can't budge on evolution for ideological reasons (just a few examples), and they're becoming more and more insular, marginilized, and paranoid.

To successfully adapt to the 21st century means becoming more reconciliatory, democratic, transparent, community-minded, and accepting of the discoveries of history and science, and I just can't see the WTS being able to go that way; that Rubicon's long since past.

The degree of progressive reform that they'd need to implement; they'd no longer BE Jehovah's Witnesses.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

It's not going to collapse. I'd love to see it, but there are too many people who will swallow anything because they've been in their entire lives and know nothing else

Yes, and in reality, it's really not relevant how beliefs change or fail anymore. Most JWs barely pay attention to what is said in the meetings anyway. THey don't know (or care to know) more than the basics.

They are content in relishing in the idea that JWs have the truth because they don't go to war, or because they preach, or because they disfellowship sinners. The idea that they are special and "cleaner" is what keeps everybody going. along with the social aspect of the religion.

The GB can change whatever they want because only a few bright ones are keeping track. The rest are too busy patting each other on the back for preaching 100 hours a month, planning congregation BBQs , or daydreaming about the grocery list during the meetings.

This was evident to me during a big debate with my entire believing family. They know nothing and don't care if they do. What they do know is that someone who knows better is leading them and they belong to a group which seemingly has discipline and a direction.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What Redvip2000 said...

I would love for them to go the way of the Dodo, but it would literally take a miracle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit