Hardcore JW Friend Predicts the End of the Organization within 10 years.

by kneehighmiah 73 Replies latest jw friends

• DJS
    DJS

Newsflash,

People were so discouraged 2 decades ago when I was an elder. Half the congregation was on anti-depressants and the other half needed to be. Most of us elders and aspiring elders laid the 'blame' on a combination of the Borg attracting dysfunctional effed up people looking for a paradise to fix things and them soon, and the burdensome crap and control, I mean teachings, from the Borg, I mean GB. He sees things through newer lenses, but the new boss is the same as the old boss.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I only hope it will implode. Sadly i can see many just jumping ship to some other culty religion.

• DJS
    DJS

The Borg continuously stresses scriptures pointing out how difficult it is to gain salvation (and make it into the paradise!!!). They continuously stress works as the primary way to get there, and no one can ever do enough. They make rules, near rules, semi rules, rules light, mini me rules and walk, talk and act like rules that oppress the RIF and turn brother against brother. Cults by their very nature eat their own.

The Borg separates the few it says will make it into the new order, marking 'weak' ones, telling 'spiritually strong' ones to avoid them in social settings and frowning on anything that will lighten one's load. Such as education. A better job. A fitter body. A more traveled and sophisticated life. Friends. Real friends.

Geessh, it is amazing it hasn't already imploded. It is a sick, disgusting, nasty hate-filled cult.

Anyone care to disagree???

• kaik
    kaik

Many JW have not expected to grow old, age, get sick and die in poverty as they were told that the END is just months away year after year. The members did not save money for retirement, have not get mentally prepared to get old and have failing health as they expected the Armageddon will solve all their problem within normal human span. After decades living and worshiping lies many see that they were decieved. They see the older to die, their life wasted without having children, career, education, good living standard, or enjoyable life. Their hope was in Armageddon, but this became an illusion. Armangeddon is not comming to rescue them from the misery.

I do not think WT and entire organization will collapse, but it will face major shakedown. They may loose half of the membership, but they will still go on. The previous lies will be forgotten, hidden from the eyes of the believers, past predictions omitted, and history whitewashed. Another year for big "A" will be proposed. JW is like bad slot machine that never pays off.

• DJS
    DJS

kalk,

Well stated. The Borg will have to re-tool sooner or later; what they look like 20 years from now will be interesting. The only way I seem them thriving is to drop the control, DFing, allowing education and self expression and ending the "were right and everyone else is wrong and deserving of death' crap. I don't see that happening. But sooner or later the few remaining intelligent, accomplished JWs are going to bail. They've been bleeding the best and brightest for decades, and a religion that only attracts the dysfunctional members of society, which is the Borg, can't thrive. They may even grow in numbers, especially in economically and educationally deprived areas, but they won't thrive.

The Borg has become less and less relevant. They don't even rate good funny jokes on SNL or other late night comedy shows anymore. They are irrelevant.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

All totalitarian regimes eventually collapse. Or end in tragedy. Humans love freedom. The GB has become more high control. People are living fake lives and we are being told to guard against our own friends and family. Everyone could possibly be a false apostle or apostate. It's sickening. The level of distrust they are trying to instill in order to close ranks against satan.

I predict a sudden Soviet Union style collapse and rebirth. It will start at the top with DOs and COs and some big shots resigning due to a disagreeing with the GB. Considering that top officials are leaking confidential info this could happen soon. I wouldn't be surprised if someone is sitting on some damaging child abuse documents or real estate documents. This will give permission for others to follow. The JWs will not go down because of crazy teachings. They will go down due to the leadership and hypocrisy at headquarters. People will lose faith in the men they won't admit they're actually followIng.

Eventually the org will reemerge in a different package to attract new followers Or focus on poorer countries. It will probably take 20 years to recover.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I was converted in 1960 . I was told the "System of things" couldnt last much more than 5 years.

Keep the rank and file in expectation of the imminent end.

smiddy

• professor
    professor

It's not going to collapse. I'd love to see it, but there are too many people who will swallow anything because they've been in their entire lives and know nothing else. The JW org is full of blank pages that the organization writes on. Many don't think for themselves because they can't anymore, and if they occasionally do, they are guilted into dismissing those thoughts or given the boot. Any group that can openly tell their followers to guard from independent thinking and have them believe it is good advice is working with a lot of mushy brains that are easily manipulated. There are millions of people who look at the overlapping generations explanation and think it is wonderful new light and meat in due season. It may grow smaller, but even when Russell died after his failed 1914 prophesy, there were those who thought that the Watchtower was God's spirit directed organization.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The fact that they sold off all their real estate in New York is a good sign their having problems and they know it. But on the positive side I think is was Lett at last years annual meeting said the end will come before the millennium is over, so only a few more years to go. LOL. I wonder how many older ones heard that?.

• prologos
    prologos

oubliette, joli oubliette, an opening post not to be forgotten, or, -oublie'. he said-- "but staying in for fear of being destroyed?" for that is has to be true, and it is not, as proven by the record. so scratch the fear.

even if the end is NOt near.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit