Hardcore JW Friend Predicts the End of the Organization within 10 years.

by kneehighmiah 73 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Had a conversation with an aspiring elder. He said the end must be close because people are so discouraged that the organization can't last more than 10 years. This is before we received the please come to the International convention letter. The buzz after the meeting was that the letter was unprecedented. Of course this apathy is being spun as the israelites committing fornication right before entering the promised land. He also told me the Governing Body has no idea when the end will come and that they didn't expect to still be here. He's an example of a person who sees that something is rotten but wants to hang on because of the fear of being wrong and getting destroyed.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

The term "aspiring elder" gave me a chuckle.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

He said the end must be close because people are so discouraged.

How does the conclusion follow from the premise?

I posit this:

People are discouraged because:

A. "The End" has NOT come,

B. There is NO PROOF the WTBTS is who or what they claim to be

C. Nobody likes to be constantly: guilted, hit up for money and told to not do anything that could possibly benefit your self.

D. None of the WTBTS's recent "New Light" teachings make any sense, none at all!

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

Oubliette, problems identified correctly, great post

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Yes great points. It's amazing how much better you feel once you break free . I dont even mind thw meetings anymore because I know I wont be guilted. And I took zero notes at our recent assembly. FS is annoying because its a waste of gas and a Saturday morning. I'll ditch that soon too.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

He's an example of a person who sees that something is rotten but wants to hang on because of the fear of being wrong and getting destroyed.

Ironically, this is the same argument Watchtower uses as "proof" to condemn all other religions- the members realize their religion is probably wrong but stay in and support it anyway.

What this "aspiring elder" fails to realize is he's living a lie; if he really believes the WT will be dead and buried in ten years, but he's willing to keep up the facade of supporting it, why go out and try to convert people in other religions doing the same thing?

• whathappened
    whathappened

Very well summed up, Oubliette!

• wasblind
    wasblind

" He also told me the Governing Body has no idea when the end will come "____Kneehighmiah

The WTS has mislead folks for years. They claimed

DATES

" Bible chronology also pinpointed in advance the time when certain important events in the fulfillment of God's purpose would take place "____Reasoning from the Scriptures book page 93

They even " Calculated The Seven Times " down to the Time ( 1914 ) and Season ( Early October ) On page 97 in the Reasoning Book

And claimed:

" Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the "Great Tribulation" in which the present wicked world will end."_____Reasoning Book page 97

Notice how I highlighted the word will. Lets see what the WTS says about such a statement of fact

" Regarding the fulfillment of his word, Jehovah at times inspired his prophets to make emphatic statements, such as, " It will without fail come true "____Theocratic Ministry School Book page 195

Jesus specifically stated in ACTS 1:7 it was not for anyone to know the times ( 1914 ) or the seasons ( Early October )

Jus' like Hananiah the false prophet, The WTS taught people to believe in a falsehood

Maybe Hananiah shoulda explained to Jehovah about " Nu Light "

Ya think ?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Great thread. Thank you for starting it.

I expressed the dilemma to someone essentially in terms of true believers, basically good people, who did everything right, followed the rules and now they see the reality of the lie. Their question is - "so what do we do now?"

The really sad part is that for many people, options are very limited. I have no advice and I don't think anyone can come up with an answer.

I am glad I made the decisions I did 10 years ago, because I really don't think I could do it now. That is really scarey.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

A sister said something similar to me as what Bro ASSpiring said.

She reckoned that most people were just "hanging on by their fingernails" and that we would'nt last any longer than 10yrs.

My personal prediction has been that the borg will implode.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit