Hardcore JW Friend Predicts the End of the Organization within 10 years.

by kneehighmiah 73 Replies latest jw friends

• DJS
    DJS

Magnum,

Your post reads like poetry, a sad song. Thanks. It was already looking a lot like you describe 2 decades ago when I left. It seems the pace of the dumbing down of the JWs has picked up. Predictable. The Borg's rulers want control more than anything. They found it difficult to control the intelligent, the educated, the spirited, the artistic and the talented. You are right in noting that there used to be a lot of interesting talented intelligent JWs. That wasn't much the case 20 years ago; from what you say it is even less now, which is predictable.

Ok lurkers, will the last intelligent, interesting, talented, educated, accomplished JW left in the Borganization please turn out the lights of intellectualism when you leave? Thank you. The rest are already in the dark so they won't notice.

• emeth
    emeth

Only two options...

1. in ten years time the world as we know it is ending or has ended

2. Jehovah's Witnesses added at least 2 million more publishers to their ranks

• sir82
    sir82

Option 3 (far more likely): JWs continue to grow, but more slowly year over year. They hit a peak of about 8.5 million in 2020, then the numbers slowly begin declining.

In 2024 (10 years from now) the numbers are about 8.3 million.

By 2040, they will be down to 4 or 5 million mostly middle-aged and elderly hangers-on, mostly in 3rd world countries.

There will always be some form of the WTS in existence. But it will be as completely unecognizable to JWs of today as it would be if you were to time-warp a Rutherford-era JW to modern time.

The WTS will slowly fizzle into (further) irrelevance as the world continues to ignore them as it progresses.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

an aspiring elder. He said the end must be close because people are so discouraged

He may be 'aspiring' but if he talks like that he'll be taken into a room with 3 self righteous janitors..............and not because he's gonna be 'made up' but because he's gonna be shunned if he isn't careful!

• emeth
    emeth

@Sir82 i think 8,5 million will be reached in 2016 9,2 milllion in 2020, 10 milllion in 2024

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

The dumbed down members will have their turn to "reach out" and carry this broken religion forward. It will become the "new normal."

It will be around for quite a while. There is more money stored up that has not even been touched!! Also many still want some organizational title,

even if it's not the same quality individuals as decades gone by. The WTS will take and work with what they can get, in order to survive!!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Apognophos, thanks for the example. I guess that shows it is possible. I guess there a few exeptions that aren't indicative of the bigger trend.

Yes, I think of him as an interesting exception.

I do know of one who came in about twenty years ago in another area of my state. Very educated, popular, good-looking guy with a very good job - of a profession that requires an advanced degree. In fact, he was so popular (can't give specifics) that it shocked me that he came in.

If you said "a few" instead of "twenty years" ago, I'd think we were talking about the same guy; my guy was also important in a certain field that requires advanced education and had lots of connections in the industry (though I don't think they were near him, hence my remark about his not really having friends in the area).

I did some internet snooping to see if I could determine whether he's still in. I found a Facebook page that gives me strong reason to believe he's no longer a JW.

I hope I find one day that this is the case with my guy too. Unfortunately, in the meantime he is giving lots of money to the Society. I just hope he doesn't lose his spiritedness, and eventually he'll probably find his way out.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Emeth,

Your option #1 is a less likely than option #2, IMO. How about in 10 years time the WTBTS is still here, in a different form. The revolving door system is still going, many leave, some are born-in, some are converts.

Option #4 [ not too likely] God destroys all organized religions, including the WTBTS.

Option #5 [ most likely] Those who wake up to the hypocrisy leave. Those who don't, stay. We all die of old age.

DD

• steve2
    steve2

Looks like emeth is preparing - in theory at least - for the long haul. How very unJW like. At long last emeth, Welcome to this forum! The increased level of reasoning on your part is a pleasure to observe.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Hi all,

I just want to share an image of the painting that really helped me see in visual terms how I was feeling when I left the WT. This painting gave me strength in looking at the ship being tossed around in the sea and the women watching on the shore. I visualized myself looking at the Watchtower ship of nightmares sinking into the sea. I still think of WT this way. I do hope the rank and file keep realizing they are hanging onto a sinking ship with no course to sail. There is no New System where they will all live forever on paradise earth hugging tigers after they get off their ship. It's going down!! And their pagan orginated desert god won't save them.

Shana

http://www.johnwilliamwaterhouse.com/pictures/miranda-tempest-1916/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit