Active JW's, can you defend "THE TRUTH?"

by DATA-DOG 387 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Defender i believe you still need to answer my post on organs thanks....oh and read james 3:1 about who should be teachers.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Defender i believe you still need to answer my post on organs thanks....oh and read james 3:1 about who should be teachers.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Hello DOT,

1) If JW's are to completely stay away from all forms of demonism, why do many JW's watch magical Disney movies?

* Watching magic/demonism is NOT a matter of conscience.
    * There is no gray area when it comes to magic. It's always bad.

2) Why is are JW's allowed to communicate with "worldly" People but not disfellowshipped ones? In other words: It's OK to talk to someone that may directly opposes JW's, but it's a wrongdoing to talk to someone that may have sincerely tried to live by Bible standards but failed to do so.

* If the answer is because it is a loving correction, then that would indicate that the disfellowshipped persons objective is to regain friendships not with God but with people/family. How does that prove that person is genuinely trying to regain Jehovah's favor? A real test would be to allow the disfellowshipped person to talk to whomever he/she wishes and see if he/she STILL returns to serving Jehovah
    * If the answer is to protect the congregation then why are "worldly" people allowed in to talk to whomever they wish?
    * If someone chose to leave the "truth" because of associating with a disfellowshipped person, then did that person really care to serve Jehovah in the 1st place?

3) Why are JW's allowed to take blood fractions but not be a blood donor?

*It's ok to take take take take, but when it comes to giving, ooooh no siree Bob we can't do that. I wonder where those blood fractions came from buddy…

4) Why is there an hourly requirement to join the "Pioneer Ranks?"

* If the answer is well you get better the more you spend time doing something, then why is there a 30 hour requirement during special campaigns?

* I have not seen any proof/test results that indicate 70 hours a month is required for an average person to become good at distributing magazines.

* No Bible characters put emphasis on a designated amount of hours to reach.

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

dot says:

1 John 3:6 Everyone remaining in union with him does not practice sin; no one who practices sin has either seen him or come to know him. 7 Little children, let no one mislead you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as that one is righteous. 8 The one who practices sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from the beginning.
    ..Also read Hebrews 10:26. Next you'll tell me that lying, greediness and bestiality are not sins. Point out one thing from your list there that is not a sin..
    http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/1-john/3/

Note Verse 30 of hebrews while keeping in mind the council in 2 Thessalonians

2 Thessalonians 3:6, 14-15 Now we are giving YOU orders, brothers, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, to withdraw from every brother walking disorderly and not according to the tradition YOU received from us . 14 But if anyone is not obedient to our word through this letter, keep this one marked, stop associating with him, that he may become ashamed. 15 And yet do not be considering him as an enemy, but continue admonishing him as a brother.

I never said that those things were non sins and please do not put words in my mouth. i only pointed out what the bibles council on expelling ons from the congregation is.

we cannot read hearts and should not attempt to

27 After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. “Follow me,” Jesus said to him, 28 and Levi got up, left everything and followed him.

29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”

31 Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

peace be with you

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

DOT RESPONDED

" Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe 'new things.' How do I know the 'new things' will be the truth in five years?"Awake!1970 Apr 22 p.8 "

..We do not teach new things when it comes to our core beliefs, we are not suddenly going to say 'okay now we are all going to worship Jesus and the Holy spirit'. We only adjust our understanding to a better one, that will not keep changing, when it comes to doctrines that need clarification but are not a vital aspect of worship. Jehovah can allow our lack of understanding in some matters, he is patient and will act in his own due time.

"Now, at Christ's coming to reign as king in Jehovah's capital organization Zion, to bring in a righteous new world, Jehovah makes him infinitely higher than the godly angels or messengers and accordingly commands them to worship him. Since Jehovah God now reigns as King by means of his capital organization Zion, then whosoever would worship Him must also worship and bow down to Jehovah's Chief One in that capital organization, namely, Christ Jesus, his Co-regent on the throne of The Theocracy." Watchtower 1945 Oct 15 p.313

"The people of all nations who obtain salvation must come to the house of the Lord to worship there; that is to say, they must believe on and worship Jehovah God and the Lord Jesus Christ, his chief instrument (Philippians 2:10, 11)." Salvation p.151

"Jehovah God commands all to worship Christ Jesus because Christ Jesus is the express image of his Father, Jehovah, and because he is the Executive Officer of Jehovah always carrying out Jehovah's purpose (Heb.:3-6)." Watchtower 1939 Nov. 15 p.339 Click for scan

INTERESTING CHOICE

Turns out Jehovahs witnesses did change thier stance on worshiping Jesus.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think I am wasting time here anyway

I couldn't agree more. Witnessing your intellectual dishonesty and incessant regurgitation of 'official WT policy' is bordering on the tedious. There are people on this forum who spent decades inside the organization. Stop insulting their intelligence. There is nothing more annoying than apologists coming on here and telling those of us who have lived through it how things really are.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

I can't believe that we used to worship Jesus..the word must have meant something different then, as in honor him. I will research that and get back to you.

John Preston, as to organ donation..

http://defendingjehovahswitnesses.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/has-watchtower-society-ever-prohibited.html

• cofty
    cofty

DOT - The old song book "Hymns of the Millenium Dawn" was full of expressions of worship of Jesus.

• defender of truth
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

A professor of Bible languages at Union Theological Seminary in New York, Dr. Marvin R. Vincent, wrote that in theKJV(and other old translations into English) some uses of 'worship' may seem to be
    "An unfortunate translation, according to modern English, but justified by the usage of earlier English, according to which to worship meant simply to honor. Worship is worthship, or honor paid to dignity or worth. This usage survives in the [British] expressions 'worshipful' and 'your worship.' In the marriage-service of the English Church occurs the phrase, 'With my body I thee worship.' So Wycliffe [one of the earliest English Bible translators] renders Matthew 19:19, 'Worship thy father and thy mother;' and John 12:26, 'If any man serve me, my Father shall worship him.'" - pp. 533, 534,Word Studies in the New Testament, vol. 1, Sage Software, 1996.

So, just like the Bible words shachah(Hebrew) and proskuneo(Greek), the word 'worship' in English also, until relatively recent times, had various levels of meaning and could be applied to other men in a lower sense of the word.
    http://defendingjehovahswitnesses.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/is-it-proper-to-worship-jesus-worship.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit