Active JW's, can you defend "THE TRUTH?"

by DATA-DOG 387 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I’m’ sure I will hear some court jester remarks from DATA DOG or OUTLAW if their not the same, since many here use multiple ID’s......Heavens Gate11

Ignoring the subject matter in my posts and making false accustions..

Doesn`t help your credibility on this Forum..

Your posts are Misleading,Decietful,Accusatory without Providing Proof..

Peppered with Jibberish and Execessive Amounts of Cut and Paste..

I understand your looking for simple answers when there is none. As stated before the playing field at JWN community while not all but by most part believe to repatriate a personwith their perception of what doctrine or their interpretation of the bible is, will turn you to the dark side......Heavens Gate11

Here is the Definition of Repatriate:

re·pa·tri·ate (rē-pā′trē-āt′) tr.v. re·pat·ri·at·ed, re·pat·ri·at·ing, re·pat·ri·ates..

To restore or return to the country of birth, citizenship, or origin: repatriate war refugees.

So your telling this forum..

JWN is trying to "Send People Back to their Original Country",

with their perception of what doctrine or their interpretation of the bible is..And..

It will turn them to the dark side...

LOL!!..It`s more Jibberish..

You continuously use words without knowing what they mean..

Get a Dictionary!..Learn to Use It!!.....LOL!!..

Why would an Intelligent Person take You Seriously?!..

................................................ photo thsmilie_happy_251.gif..

......................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• heavensgate11
    heavensgate11

The observation is interesting since by my own words I have advised DOT to seek his own answers by researching the apostate question possessed by so many ex witness just to contradict the teaching of the JW”s organization. I have not directly addressed the question as it has been debated for generations including here at the JWN. I refuse to be manipulated by divisionism, that confine there irrational predisposed ideology that follow such masters of deception as Doug Manson, Carl Olof, Raymond Franz, Stevenson and many other ex witness that by far distort every reasoning, even with their own writing and publications of the WTS.

The so called interesting question revered by DD is a ploy to enter into a debate he has debated here and in other forums for many years. I will not subjugate my time with such farce. However if DATA DOG wishes to debate an vinculum that has no end, then by all means impress DOT with his interpretation with the following basic thought that is not mine but could aid DOT to see the outcome. Personally I reserve my time and yield back my time to the forum.

EXTRACT FROM DAssembly 2011, FRI. A.M. TALK #2 "How We Know God's Kingdom Will Come Soon." "So far we've examined two lines of evidence indicating that God's kingdom will come soon. We've seen how world conditions at Revelation 6 and how people's attitudes at 2 Timothy 3 prove the nearness of God's kingdom.

But there's still a third line of evidence. That's the development among God's people themselves. Now we know the resurrection of the anointed began shortly after Christ was enthroned in 1914. But not all the anointed have completed their earthly course. The reason that this is relevant is because something that we read, again in Revelation chapter 6. This time we start in verse 9. Let's go back to Revelation 6 ... notice as we read 9 through 11 ... [reads]. So here, the Scriptures are describing two parts of the same group whose lives would overlap - those anointed already in heaven and those still here on the earth. Interestingly, this is consistent with Jesus' words at Matthew 24 verse 34 where he stated, "This generation will by no means pass away, until all these things occur."

Now the obvious question is, to what generation was Jesus referring and what does this have to do with Revelation chapter 6? Well, like Revelation, the generation that Jesus was referring to also consists of two groups of people whose lives would overlap. Group 1 of this generation discerned the sign of Christ's presence in 1914. But they weren't merely born in 1914 nor merely alive to witness the start of Christ's presence. They were spirit-anointed in or before 1914. Therefore, the generation Jesus referred to saw the start of the last days. The second group are those that will see the end of this system of things. As the first group grew older, the second group started to be born so that for a while the two groups overlapped one another - they were contemporaries of one another.

We might think of it this way. While we were in school, we were contemporaries with children of other ages who were also going through school. Even though our ages differed, we were collectively known as 'school age children.' We were all part of the same generation of students. Obviously the older ones finished their course, even while the younger ones were just starting out.

Now, applying that thought to Jesus' illustration, he said in effect, before these younger students could complete their course, this system will have already ended. Now this is important because today, today those younger ones are themselves well advanced in years. This underscores how little time remains and clearly indicates the tribulation must be near. And soon now, Christ will complete his conquest over those who refuse to recognize his authority. This becomes clear as we finish Revelation chapter 6, starting in verse 12 ... [reads v. 12-17]. Yes indeed, who will stand? The very fact that the question is asked shows that not all will. But Revelation chapter 7 goes on to say that those who stand are the remaining ones of the anointed and a great crowd of other sheep.

So how do we know that the kingdom is coming soon? Is it just a feeling that we have? No, not at all. We've reviewed multiple lines of Scriptural evidence, we've taken eye-witness testimony, all leading to the same conclusion: we are deep into the end of this system. God's kingdom will soon come. Christ will soon complete his conquest. He'll soon guide people, survivors to paradise. So we know that God's kingdom will soon come."

The Watchtower (Study Edition), April 15th, 2010 Issue, Pages 27-29:

"This magazine has long been used by “the faithful and discreet slave” as the primary channel for dispensing increased light. ... What does this explanation mean to us? Although we cannot measure the exact length of “this generation,” we do well to keep in mind several things about the word “generation”: It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6) How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. That generation had a beginning, and it surely will have an end. The fulfillment of the various features of the sign clearly indicate that the tribulation must be near. By maintaining your sense of urgency and keeping on the watch, you show that you are keeping up with advancing light and following the leadings of holy spirit.—Mark 13:37."

Prior teachings on "generation":

From the Reasoning book:

Definition: The Bible uses the expression “last days” to refer to the concluding time period leading up to a divinely appointed execution that marks the end of a system of things. The Jewish system with its worship built around the temple in Jerusalem experienced its last days from 33 to 70 C.E. What occurred then was pictorial of what would be experienced in a greatly intensified way and on a global scale at a time when all nations would be facing the execution of judgment decreed by God. The present wicked system of things, which extends worldwide, entered its last days in 1914, and some of the generation alive then will also be on hand to witness its complete end in the “great tribulation.”

Luke 21:31, 32: “When you see these things occurring, know that the kingdom of God is near [that is, the time when it will destroy the present wicked world and itself take full charge of earth’s affairs]. Truly I say to you, This generation will by no means pass away until all things occur.” (The “generation” that was alive at the beginning of fulfillment of the sign in 1914 is now well along in years. The time remaining must be very short. World conditions give every indication that this is the case.)

Reasoning from the Scriptures (1989), "Last Days", under the heading, "To what do all these events of the 'last days' point?"

Watchtower 1995 November 1 p.20

"Eager to see the end of this evil system, Jehovah's people have at times speculated about the time when the "great tribulation" would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914. However, we "bring a heart of wisdom in," not by speculating about how many years or days make up a generation, but by thinking about how we "count our days" in bringing joyful praise to Jehovah. (Psalm 90:12) Rather than provide a rule for measuring time, the term "generation" as used by Jesus refers principally to contemporary people of a certain historical period, with their identifying characteristics. In line with the above, professor of history Robert Wohl wrote in his book The Generation of 1914: "A historical generation is not defined by its chronological limits . . . It is not a zone of dates." Therefore, in the final fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy today, "this generation" apparently refers to the peoples of earth who see the sign of Christ's presence but fail to mend their ways Is anything to be gained, then, by looking for dates or by speculating about the literal lifetime of a "generation"?... Does our more precise viewpoint on "this generation" mean that Armageddon is further away than we had thought? Not at all! Though we at no time have known the "day and hour," Jehovah God has always known it, and he does not change. (Malachi 3:6) Obviously, the world is sinking further and further toward terminal ruination. The need to keep awake is more critical than it has ever been. Jehovah has revealed to us "the things that must shortly take place," and we should respond with an absorbing sense of urgency."

• heavensgate11
    heavensgate11

YES OUTLAW I KNOW YOUR IGNORANCE PRECEIVES YOUR CHILDISH INTELLECT. BY ALL MEANS

GET YOUR OWN DICTIONARY. START WITH THE ONE FOR FOOLS

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I am glad that Heavensgate is making false accusations like this one:

" HG: "The so called interesting question revered by DD is a ploy to enter into a debate he has debated here and in other forums for many years. I will not subjugate my time with such farce.

LOL!!!

My profile.

Member: DATA-DOG

Year of Birth: unknown

Biography:

Another false claim that is easily verified as such. If Anyone believes that I have been on the net for "years", they can simply ask those who have. Ask Simon, or Jgnat, persons with administration privileges on this site. Or ask Raypublisher, he will tell you how long I have been on the net.

Sweeping accusations that can easily be proven wrong do not add to your credibility, HG. You are on you 20th post under your current pseudonym. Now who's been changing identities for years???

DD

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

So your reason for not answering the question is, lots of people before you already have? Well then surely you are in a better position to debate if you've already been a part of one and hopefully you would have come to a conclusion by now.

I also saw how you listed some people as "masters of deception". Once again, let other people come to that conclusion for themselves. No offence but your view on a lot of things will be biased. Obviously if YOU believe some things are/aren't true and someone disagrees then from your point of view they're wrong. But to someone else you might be the joe who is wrong. If you're gonna tell people that they're wrong at least give your reasons for why YOU think they're wrong.

Also, dot was right when he said there was no need for insults. I got a bit carried away before and I think you are now. If you don't want to answer a question, then fine. But calling people stupid isn't necessary. If the reason that you're still posting here is because you want to "save" a few people from being sucked into the vicious cult that is this forum then you're going about it wrong.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

So God is testing his servants when they have to accept illogical teachings, just like the overlapping generations? And he was testing his organisations lojality during the time when vaccinations and transplants were forbidden? OK, I am sure God is very happy to know that thousands of loyal JWs diedto show their love and loyality to God and his organisation.

And now the loyal jws vill have to accept this histoty of the organisation without feeling disgust for the tragedies mentioned above. Maybe this is a test of the contempories aswell?

But, if it's only a question of loyality, why bother trying to explain such a teaching as the overlapping generations? It could easyly be stated: "Accept what we tell you, we don't have to tell you why you should believe this". That would be a much more effective test.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"And how can the overlapping teaching be true if it isn't found in Gods Word?.. (referring to criteria 1. I sense that DD is getting peeved that I have taken things off topic. Sorry.)"

The official answer is that it is true beacuse it comes from Gods mouthpiece, his slave-class.

But DOT...I think you are beginning to understand. The real reason is something different........the GB took a risk by publishing such an illogical statement....they must have had good reasons for it.

• heavensgate11
    heavensgate11

My bad DD I was thinking of someone else at the time of my post. My apologies I guess this isn’t you with your signature ICON. How stupid of me. Your correct people do tend to lie.

DATA_DOG a year ago

According to this juicy tidbit the " overlapping" could continue for quite some time. Just do the math. This is an advertisement from the AWAKE magazine entitled " Many now living will never die ". Take the date of the last appearance of this ad, ( 1989 ) and throw in the average human life span, or the longest lived human on record and see when the end could come....... If this is another false prophecy, none of us will be alive to say " I told you so..".

05-22-1989 Awake!

This is no wild assertion. There are sound reasons to believe it.

The Watchtower and Awake! magazines regularly point to these Bible-based reasons. Send only $10 and you will receive both magazines (four copies a month) for one year, postpaid.

Please send a year's subscription for TheWatchtower and Awake! I enclose $10 (U.S.). (Outside the U.S.A., write to local Watch Tower branch for information.)

DATA_DOG a year ago

STAY ALIVE.... TILL 2075!!!!

Member: DATA_DOG

DATA_DOG has started 137 topics out of 3,553 posts

Aliens/Demons

by DATA_DOG in

1. WatchTower Society
    2. Beliefs, Doctrine & Practices

2 years ago

Just curious, am I the only one who considers the possibility that " demons " may be " aliens". Or that aliens are other races who have sided with Demons, and that we are going to see some serious " War of the Worlds " stuff, vaporization included? It's okay if you make fun of me, at least I have not started my own religion based on my personal musings and enslaved anyone for 120+ years while making billions.

Post HistoryRepliesTopics2000

2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Year

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Data-Dog..

Don`t worry about it..

JWN Administration Simon and Angharad Know me..

They most certainly know your not me,with multiple accounts..

However if DATA DOG wishes to debate an vinculum that has no end, then by all means impress DOT with his interpretation

with the following basic thought that is not mine but could aid DOT to see the outcome.....Heavens Gate11

Definition for Vinculum:

A vinculum (pl. vincula) is a bond or tie, specifically:

So which definition of Vinculum are you using?!.

Is Data-Dog debating :

1)..A mathematical symbol used for grouping,that has no end?

2)..A ligament that limits movement that,has no end?

3)..The fictional heart of a ship of the Borg from the Star trek Franchise,that has no end?

After you Choose your Definition..

Explain how a:

1)..Mathimatical symbol..

2) ..Ligament that limits movement.....Or a..

3)..Fictional heart of a ship of the Borg from the Star trek Franchise..

......................Aids DOT to see an outcome??!!..

...Have you ever Considered the Fact that..

......Your WBT$ Education Has Left You..

.............Severely WatchTarded?!!..

......... photo 10_1_138.gif

...............................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• galaxie
    galaxie

Heavens,.... You quote from current JW literature to uphold your G.Bs thinking.

You would have done and indeed probably did the same to uphold the "old light".

Are you prepared to change your tune in the future when the game changes again or are you confident

they the 8 men in New York have got the truth now?

It appears to me they are leading you all on a merry dance to nowhere.

Why do you pay attention to these mortals(sorry immortals lol).

By what method do they claim to speak for you?

Personally I would have to question that if I were reliant on it for my salvation.

Thankfully I'm not!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit