Active JW's, can you defend "THE TRUTH?"

by DATA-DOG 387 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Heaven'sgate11,

You stated:

Data Dog.

To have a discussion or debate within your narrative,we would first have to admit however you view the discussion the end game would be the same. The variations on arguments would lead to more questions than answers. The medium you placed at hand has several analogies’ that must be adhered to 100%. That scenario is not probable unless you equate man to Christ. I understand you wish to have a Jehovah’s Witness defend its credo, but under that framework, it would be impossible for any religion to defend its faith 100%. Should this discussion also include associations of Jehovah’s Witnesses that have been acknowledged but not representative of, on present doctrines?

Welcome, and good points.

#1) That criteria is NOT mine. It is from the JWs own Governing Body/Faithful Slave. It is the criteria that they claim to meet in all of their beliefs. Just listen to the 'God's Word is Truth' District convention if you can stand it.

#2)" Then End game would be the same." Yes it would. No religion can say that their cutomized beliefs meet the criteria of "truth." That being said, I am not concerned with the rest because they are not making the incredible claims made by the WTBTS.

#3) More questions than answers... That's life, and that's ok in my book. Those who think they have all the answers are kidding themselves, and those who persecute others for not accepting their "answers" condemn themselves, IMO. I am just asking a JW to explain their beliefs with their own criteria, given by their own gurus. If they only have "interpretations" that may not be correct, how are they any different than anyone else? Why should anyone be DF'd or marked/repressed for not agreeing with the "answers" they provide.

The ancient prophet Datamonius Cannis is reported to have said, " It only matters what YOU do."

DD

• fedup
    fedup

WT is a corporation that made HUGE profits selling ETERNAL LIFE for over a century.

Their product: JW's be saved and we'll live in Paradise as a youth forever, which is really amazing. Once you believe it's very difficult to let go and who would want to let go.

WT make you jump through hoops to keep the hope alive. You have to Go to Meetings, Service, get Haircuts, Shave, wear Suits, Dresses, Be Modest, Repeat WT arguments as TRUTH, such as defining GENERATION, so we can be saved. Ridiculed for not participating in anything, just because We're DIFFERENT., etc, etc....

Reality, they are no different from any other religion out there. WT calls BULLSHIT with all other religions, like the Catholics, when it was the Catholics that voted in which books are to be included in the Holy Scriptures, to which we say it's from GOD. If anyone would come down from a mountain today and say, I SAW GOD, GOD wants us to do the following..... We would put him in a mental institute, however we believe it when someone did it 4000 years ago. We're INSANE.

I was raised in the WT way since the late 60's, did all the pioneering, MSing, Eldering, Public Talks, good little JW. Hoped for the new system since I was a kid. Today, there is even a GB member who is younger than I am.

I SAY ENOUGH BULLSHIT, and to the WT and the apologists i say, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! All Religions should be flushed. Shame on all of them, including the WT for lying to us and profiting on FALSE promises

Live your life, love your family and friends, be kind and explore this beautiful world.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BELIEVE BULLSHIT

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

D.O.T said:

It was our current understanding of the truth. Nobody has a complete understanding of truth, you cannot expect that of imperfect men.

Both you and the WT say that no one has a complete understanding of ‘the truth’, ALL are imperfect men, and yet, the WT says, day in and day out for decades upon decades, generations upon generations, that they, and they alone, DO have ‘the Truth.’ These are two opposing ideas that can’t be held at the same time without using ‘doublethink.’

Further, the WT demands that all JWs believe The Truth “our current understanding of the truth" and disfellowship anyone who does research and says they don’t agree with their ‘current understanding of the truth.’

They rip people from their families for disagreeing with the ‘current understanding’ of a group of men.

It is only 'current understanding' of a few men, yet they CALL it ‘the truth’, ACT like it is ‘the truth,’ disfellowship people for not believing ‘the truth’, let people DIE for ‘the truth’…and then when they are wrong say it wasn’t the truth at all, just ‘current understanding’

Anything that is NOT the TRUTH because it is only men's understanding is not the truth!

Fact: Jehovah's Witness are NOT in 'the truth' and do not teach the truth, because, as they and you say, no one has complete understanding of truth and all are imperfect men. Instead, Jehovah's Witnesses are in 'the current understanding of a group of men.'

Calling it 'the truth' is a lie.

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

proverbs 2 says

2 My son, if you receive my words
    and treasure up my commandments with you,
    2 making your ear attentive to wisdom
    and inclining your heart to understanding;
    3 yes, if you call out for insight
    and raise your voice for understanding,
    4 if you seek it like silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasures,
    5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.

The Watchtower says

"In Jehovah's organisation it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organisation who are assigned to that very thing, …" Watchtower 1967 Jun 1 p.338

Interesting

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Sarah:"Defender of Truth
    Why would God need to publish magazines when all scriptures are from God?"

To aid those with limited time, patience, and Bible understanding to develop a thirst for Gods Word. And, in the case of those who read the Bible, the Watchtower to stimulate thought on Biblical matters that they may otherwise not discuss at the door or with their church group. They are like a bait to draw people in to studying the Bible and coming to an accurate knowledge of God.

"If given by the holy spirit to write then why would they error. It should be the opposite writings with out errors of future prophecy. Written by Holy Slirit would be so fantastic it would compare to the bible."
    As pointed out earlier in the thread, gifts of prophesying and infallible direction have ceased (can people please read a topic before replying to it?), all that anyone can do today is try to interpret prophecies in the Bible, not make them. We do not compare the Watchtower to the Bible, Gods Word comes before anything else in terms of importance.

"Where are the evidence the GB or Jehovahs Witnesses are God's choosen(?) They are not written in the bible. Who declares them the air!"

I have already answered the first question earlier in the thread, of course their names are not in the Bible why would they be, and your last sentence makes no sense at all to me. (apologies to Problemaddict for insulting him, I'll try to control my tongue when dealing with nonsensical statements in future).

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Brainfloss:"You have not responded is that a teaching from the bible?"

1 John 3:6 Everyone remaining in union with him does not practice sin; no one who practices sin has either seen him or come to know him. 7 Little children, let no one mislead you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as that one is righteous. 8 The one who practices sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from the beginning.
    ..Also read Hebrews 10:26. Next you'll tell me that lying, greediness and bestiality are not sins. Point out one thing from your list there that is not a sin..
    http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/1-john/3/

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

They are like a bait to draw people in to studying the Bible studying more Watchtower publications and coming to an accurate knowledge of God learning the 'current understanding' (which has often turned out to be inaccurate) of the few men who run the Watchtower Organization.

Fixed.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Also 1 Peter 1:16 and Galatians 5:9 Brainfloss..

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

"I SAY ENOUGH BULLSHIT, and to the WT and the apologists i say, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!"
    ..Fedup, have you even read the posting guidelines? Number 3 for example. I think I am wasting time here anyway.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

DOT, have you just stopped trying to answer any of my questions????

DOT said,

"As pointed out earlier in the thread, gifts of prophesying and infallible direction have ceased (can people please read a topic before replying to it?), all that anyone can do today is try to interpret prophecies in the Bible, not make them. We do not compare the Watchtower to the Bible, Gods Word comes before anything else in terms of importance."

Hmmm???

1942: "The Watchtower does not consist of men's opinions" (WT Jan 1 1945)

1943: "This is not giving any credit to the magazine's (Watchtower's) publishers, but is due to the great Author of the Bible with its truths and prophecies, and WHO NOW INTERPRETS its prophecies. He it is that makes possible the material that is PUBLISHED IN THE COLUMNS OF THIS MAGAZINE.." (WT April 15 1943)

The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God’s Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from JehovahSept 15, 2010 WT pg 13 para. 8

Is it from Jehovah when it's an incorrect interpretation?

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit