Active JW's, can you defend "THE TRUTH?"

by DATA-DOG 387 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wizzstick
  • wizzstick
    wizzstick

We only adjust our understanding to a better one, that will not keep changing,

Funny thing about 'new light', I can't find any examples in the Bible!

Can you?

You know, like how it works in the WT. Where something is preached as Truth, then changed, and changed, and changed, and changed...

Like the understanding of the generation of Matt 24:34. There's been SIX understandings, two times the same understanding, and our old fav:

http://www.jwfacts.com/images/w84_1914_generation.JPG

Eveyone HAD to believe that in the Truth. If I said it was two overlapping groups I would have been disfellowshipped.

Why would God work like that?

Where does he make people believe in false teachings in the Bible?

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

look closely at the watchtower quote

"Now, at Christ's coming to reign as king in Jehovah's capital organization Zion, to bring in a righteous new world, Jehovah makes him infinitely higher than the godly angels or messengers and accordingly commands them to worship him. Since Jehovah God now reigns as King by means of his capital organization Zion, then whosoever would worship Him must also worship and bow down to Jehovah's Chief One in that capital organization, namely, Christ Jesus, his Co-regent on the throne of The Theocracy." Watchtower 1945 Oct 15 p.313

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

As we examine that quote keep in mind that it was penned by Jehovahs only true mouth piece on earth. right or wrong the stance is changed and pretty substantial doctrine

"commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah … commission to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah…" The Nations Shall Know that I am Jehovah" - How? pp.58,62

• jgnat
    jgnat

DOT, I am most pleased that you responded to my question. There's a lot being thrown at you, so thank you.

..Does he dedicate his life to preach to others? Does he believe the Trinity, Hellfire, Immortal Soul etc? Does he use Gods name, Jehovah? If so, why would he not join His organisation? If he claims to have flawed interpretations, even he has no confidence of Gods guidance. - DOT

I'll connect the dots, here. Your defence of the failed prophecies by the WTS and it's changing doctrines is that they are mere men, flawed leaders and prone to imperfection. Well, so does my United Church pastor. So this does not elevate the WTS or make their claims any more credible or forgivable.

By your argument, it does not matter WHAT the United Church pastor believes. If he is sincere and earnest in his search of truth, surely his sermons have merit.

..We do not teach new things when it comes to our core beliefs, we are not suddenly going to say 'okay now we are all going to worship Jesus and the Holy spirit'.

You know, for twelve years now I have tried to nail down what the core beliefs of the Witnesses are. They are mostly anti-beliefs (don't believe in this, abstain from that). The closest I have nailed down for core beliefs is the dozens of baptismal questions. Would you concur that the baptismal questions make up the core beliefs of the WTS, inviolate?

• androb31
    androb31

D.O.T.,

In post 23 of 29 you state:

"As pointed out earlier in the thread, gifts of prophesying and infallible direction have ceased (can people please read a topic before replying to it?), all that anyone can do today is try to interpret prophecies in the Bible, not make them. We do not compare the Watchtower to the Bible, Gods Word comes before anything else in terms of importance".

What about this?

The December 15, 2008 Watchtower on page 28 states:

“Our coming to know “the truth” – the entire body of Christian teachings that has become part of the Bible – and adhering to it are essential for salvation.”

Before you jump to the Watchtower's defense and claim that's not what they meant, consider the following.

“The truth” when stated by a JW refers to all the teachings and doctrines of the Watchtower Society. Of course, the Watchtower Society instructions to Jehovah’s Witnesses include the notion that their teachings encompass “the entire body of Christian teachings”.

In the OP the "WT 1986 4/1 Questions from Readers" is quoted:

▪ Why have Jehovah’s Witnesses disfellowshipped (excommunicated) for apostasy some who still profess belief in God, the Bible, and Jesus Christ?

"Obviously, a basis for approved fellowship with Jehovah’s Witnesses cannot rest merely on a belief in God, in the Bible, in Jesus Christ, and so forth. The Roman Catholic pope, as well as the Anglican Archbishop of Canterbury, professes such beliefs, yet their church memberships are exclusive of each other. Likewise, simply professing to have such beliefs would not authorize one to be known as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Approved association with Jehovah’s Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah’s Witnesses." WT 1986 4/1 Questions from Readers.

How can you claim that the so called FDS don't place their unique teachings from the Watchtower publications, on par with the bible? Or that they don't infer it at the very least? Yet the FDS as "God's only channel of communication" claim to be uninspired..... Hmmm. Which brings up another question. How can "God's only channel of communication" be uninspired? How can you trust what they publish in that case? Communication implies a dialogue, between at least 2 parties right? How do they communicate with Jehovah? Why do they keep getting it wrong, are they not listening?

• galaxie
    galaxie

DOT , you obviously do not see the contradiction in your statements re blessing of gradual understanding.

Where in the scriptures does anyone talk about being blessed with gradual understanding.

You also avoided explaining , at what point did the blessing come?

Ask yourself, why would there be any blessing before the correct understanding was achieved.

Do you think god would bless incomplete or wrong understanding?

You cannot deny there has been many examples of wrong understanding/calculations etc,

My own brother (an elder) has admitted this himself as well as others I have spoken to,

A JW I talked to at a literature street cart also told me " I dont think we (the JWs )have 100% truth

I think you know you are just towing the party line,

You are DEFINATELY! NOT DEFENDING any truth, WAKE UP and think for youself not those 8 men

who now claim to be the F, D.S. in New York or wherever they rest their hypocritical buts.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Defender of truth you said on post 9

The Watchtower doesn't promote theory as fact. 1975 was repeatedly said to be a 'possibility'.

I was wondering if you might give me some quotes from the Watchtower publications to show this.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

(I'm out of posts, Suspicious!!)Ucantnome, I'll answer you as it is simple and I have neither the time or posts to do any more. I may have to discuss the Jesus worship quotes with an elder or someone mature. 'Does it mean that Armageddon is going to be finished, with Satan bound, by 1975? It could! It could!All things are possible with God. Does it mean that Babylon the Great is going to go down by 1975? It could. Does it mean that the attack of Gog of Magog is going to be made on Jehovah's witnesses to wipe them out, then Gog himself will be put out of action? It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God.But we are not saying. And don't any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and 1975.But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that."Watchtower1966 Oct 15 pp.629,631"Speculative Articles, But NO Definite StatementWhile there was likely a lot of speculation surrounding 1975 by individuals,no publication ever provided a definitive statement saying that the end would come in 1975. Some articles seemed to say that it was highly possible,though they always qualified it.For example, the 5/01/67 Watchtower says:"...1975 marks the end of 6,000 years of human experience.....Will it be the time when God executes the wicked?....It very well could be,but we will have to wait and see."Other articles frequently used words such as "may", "could" and "possibly"," regarding this.Even Frederick Franz (the then President of the WBTS) forcefully instructed:"...don’t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and 1975."http://defendingjehovahswitnesses.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/1975-and-jehovahs-witnesses-opposers.html

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Can you please answer my questions on page 6? Thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit