Active JW's, can you defend "THE TRUTH?"

by DATA-DOG 387 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DD - Thanks, hic!!

This quote cracks me up.......

Angels deliver what is published.
    (PREPARATION 1933 pp. 36-37, 64)

Those angels do get it wrong don't they?!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Marked

• Comatose
    Comatose

My favorite explanation of how they are not prophets with a prophesy on the same page.

• galaxie
    galaxie

The truth is they have no truth!!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

That Awake quotes a 1950 Watchtower that says it is not dogmatic. Witnesses don't have dogma, then? Fair enough. I once made a comment in passing to another JW about our "doctrine"; I remember quite clearly that I said "doctrine", not "dogma". He replied with a smile as he corrected me: "Wellll, we don't have doctrine, but...".

Jehovah's Witnesses have no idea what the hell to think about their own religion. Are they prophets? Are they inspired? Do they even have doctrine? Nobody knows. In a fit of holier-than-thou contrariness, they refuse to be labeled by any words, no matter how reasonable they are in describing the religion, so they are unable to speak intelligently about the nature of their beliefs.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They have been deceived into loving the WT brand called "The Truth", but JWs don't actually love "truth."

DD

• Earnest
    Earnest

To my mind there are a few core beliefs which are absolute and cannot change and there are the rest in which the scriptures are not sufficiently clear for one to be dogmatic.

For example, the idea that Michael the archangel is the same person as Jesus is an interesting thought but I don't think scripture is clear on that. One might even argue that it is clear he is not although there are similarities in the roles that the two hold.

A core belief would be that Jesus Christ had a prehuman existence and is subordinate to his heavenly Father. This is not a unique belief as it has been held by Christians throughocut the ages, but it has been listed and I am sure any of Jehovah's Witnesses would be willing to defend it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I follow your reasoning, Earnest. Hi, BTW. I am a born-in, just so you know. One thing I respect is people who can say, " I don't know." The WT has placed itself on a pedestal, and now it must have the answers. They don't, but they won't admit it. To make matters worse, you must believe their take on it, or else.. It doesn't matter if it's not proven, like the Jesus=Michael idea. It doesn't matter if it's false, like the organ transplant debacle. A JW must believe or face the consequences. Pharisees are running the show. It's a terrible abuse of the special relationship that exists between JWs and their 8 Popes.

DD

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• BU2B
    BU2B

The WT has never humbly admitted they do not know something. Take who will be resurected. How would they know? Yet they have decided to comment on this instead of being humble, and with what result? Flip-flopping 8 times on will sodom and Gomorrah get a resurrection! 8 TIMES!!! If that's not proof they don't have the foggiest idea and are shooting from the hip I don't know what to say. Of course, if you read COC it is clear how things really work :). Peace-BU2B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit