How do JWs Not see how barbaric YHWH is? Its what started my awakening.

by BU2B 142 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent". -Isaac Asimov

Since god more times than not used violence and force, or the threat thereof, to get his way....well, you be the judge as to why.

"Men, in order to do evil, must first believe that what they are doing is good." -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

What better way to get people to commit any atrocity than to convince them god said to do it??

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

I think once you come to the realization that this Bible god YHWH, Yahweh, Jehovah, is so evil, and seemingly thriving on the suffering of humans, you come to the conclusion that this god is really the Devil, not the Father in Heaven Christ spoke of. And isn't it interisting, Jesus never mentions this evil god by name as his Father in Heaven.

Shana

• paranoia agent
    paranoia agent

a watcher wrote Jehovah had to be tough with early mankind. They were hard-headed and hard-hearted.

But with the new covenant, Jehovah showed His loving side in the person of His son Jesus.

It's a lot easier to be a Christian than it was to be a Hebrew.

So is that why jehovah killed many infants, women, and made some virgens who were not killed into concubines?

• sd-7
    sd-7

This is something I noticed long before I had any disagreements with the WT. Some of the OT accounts were just chilling to read, in my opinion. The images of men, women and children being slaughtered really stuck with me. I couldn't help thinking, so...no one could be spared? Some of the violence was pretty graphic. I just couldn't wrap my head around how God was not only okay with it, but actually commanded that it be done.

I figured, well, if God is okay with this sort of thing, then he's nothing more than a dictator in his own right. His ultimate goal seems to be to kill everyone who doesn't measure up. I thought of the 'new system' as a world where the slightest wrong thought would get you killed. And no one would even remember you were there, because God would wipe their memories. Didn't seem like a safe and happy place to me. Just a place where happiness would be a thin disguise for fear.

So...I didn't know this would become relevant to my future awakening, I just figured it was part of all the 'warning examples' and the warning was: Obey or Die. I assumed the end would be good, so maybe God was right in wiping out people who opposed him. I couldn't say how exactly. I just trusted it to be true. My mistake.

--sd-7

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

a watcher wrote Jehovah had to be tough with early mankind. They were hard-headed and hard-hearted.

But with the new covenant, Jehovah showed His loving side in the person of His son Jesus.

It's a lot easier to be a Christian than it was to be a Hebrew.

So is that why jehovah killed many infants, women, and made some virgens who were not killed into concubines?

Supposedly Job was a blameless upright man who didn't desearve the suffering and loss and pain Jehovah Yahweh, had wreaked down on him and his family. Heard hearted Job???? Really. Evil god.

Shana

• jam
    jam

Yes, God was on a power trip in the OT. Any enemy

of my people, wipe them out. Children, women and

babies, doen't matter I'am vengeful God.

Humm, maybe I made a mistake. Lets turn this around.

I will send my son and give him instructions, love your enemy

don't wipe them from the face of the earth. Lay down your sword

and turn the other cheek. And just maybe they will forget about all the

blood that was shed in my name in the past.

You know what I think, there are two Gods. The first God took a break

after the OT. God two took over in the NT and God one came back

in Revelation. Unless God have a split personality.

• jam
    jam

If there is a God, I'm in deep sh---t. LOL

• Comatose
    Comatose

Agree totally with the OP. What a douche bag this bible god is. He warns the muderer Cain that he is heading down the wrong path, but doen't warn Abel??? He kills David's baby slowly over an entire week. It suffers the whole time. It was innocent. He has angels in Lots house, but instead of a miracle he lets a young girl get savagely raped all right. What a dick.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

How do JWs NOT SEE the obvious?

The same goes for most religions.

Confirmation bias is the answer.

They see what they want to see. Delusion is a terrible thing.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

He warns the muderer Cain that he is heading down the wrong path, but doen't warn Abel???

What's worse is Jehovah did nothing to protect Abel, his faithful servant, but he did protect Cain after he murdered Abel by issuing a "hands off" protective order for Cain's benefit. That way Cain could enjoy a long life while Abel lay rotting. Nice god, this Jehovah.

God's moral compass is completely dysfunctional.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit