Woody Allen speaks out

by NewYork44M 131 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

The OP posted this question: "Have you ever been accused of something you did not do? If that happens, what do you do?"

I thought long and hard about posting a response to this thread. It's been some ten years since I was accused by my adopted son.

This son of some 38 years of age was found dead in a room littered with drug paraphernalia a few years after he telephoned me with this shattering revelation (to him) and accusation (of me) thanks to one of those therapist sessions where they take an alleged victim back during some type of memory regression.

Skeeter (not his real name) told me via long distance telephone that one of his sessions revealed that he was sexually abused when he was about 10 years old and that I was the perpetrator.

Skeeter and his old brother were abandoned by their father (my recently deceased older brother) in 1964 while the mother was in a mental hospital ward when the tyke was only 6 weeks old. My then wife and I decided to adopt them despite already having two children of our own. We were both JWs and 23 years old at the time.

It would be some 13 years later that I decided to abandon the Watchtower ship after re-reading the 1975 yearbook where the governing body reminded us how those faithless in 1925 used their overactive imaginations in thinking that faithful men of old would be resurrected in that year. They then drew a 50 year parallel to the possibility that same thing could happen with the 1975 date and that some of us could have overactive imaginations as well. History proves that did indeed happen. Another casualty of my abandoning “mother's” ship was our divorce of some 19 years of marriage.

I digress. Back to that phone call and Skeeter was on the other end of the line. Naturally I became angry. I quickly realized there was nothing I could tell him that would change his mind, a once brilliant mind that had become blurred by some 15 years of drug abuse. I told him that I would not be answering the phone if I knew he was on the other end unless it would be to hear a retraction of that horrific charge followed by an apology. That never happened.

Skeeter and his older brother Jake never became JWs as did their non-adopted siblings. That 1977 divorce tore the kids down the middle and Skeeter and Jake opted to live with me. However, they at times both waffled back and forth enough to realize from their mother how horrible a father I was, that I "never really loved them and that I hated Jehovah".

Years later, Jake relayed to me this "almost daily" hate campaign their jilted mother would wage.

In retrospect it doesn't surprise me that Skeeter came up with this incredible charge against me since it opened the door with his mother and JW siblings for subsequent sympathy handouts. All this would justify and reinforce their hatred of me as apostate turned sex offender.

I was fortunate enough to live several thousand miles away from Skeeter and my former family where my alleged reputation was isolated. It should, however, be understandable that when I hear some "he said, she said" story, my sympathy always favors the slandered.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Another pic of Woody and the gang.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Fatfreek, thank you for your comments. I have been accused of many things, but never anything coming close to your story.

• adamah
    adamah

Gentledawn said-

ad hominem attack:

Of course, Mia recently revealed in a Vanity Fair interview that her son Ronan is 'possibly' the result of an affair she was carrying on while married to Woody Allen with her ex-husband, Frank Sinatra

That's right: Woody and Mia weren't even married, LOL!

Of course, Mia recently revealed in a Vanity Fair interview that her son Ronan is 'possibly' the result of an affair she was carrying on with her ex-husband, Frank Sinatra, while IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP WITH Woody Allen (they were adopting children together).

So Allen didn't legally-adopt Soon Yi (the woman he later married, who's age is indeterminate, being an orphaned child from Asia adopted by Mia and her prior love interest, Andre Previn....). Soon Yi wasn't legally-adopted daughter of Woody's, but Mia's and Previn's.

From wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_Allen#Marriages_and_romantic_relationships

Though Allen never married Mia Farrow [118] [124] and was not (Soon Yi) Previn's legal stepfather, the relationship between Allen and Previn has often been referred to as a stepfather involved romantically with his stepdaughter [125] because she was adopted and legally Farrow's daughter and Allen's son's sister.

But with Vanity Fair's interview recent revelation by Mia in Nov, even that's a questionable statement now, since the son (Ronan) is supposedly fathered by Sinatra (whom Mia called "the great love of her life").

Apparently family law never antipicated the Allen/Farrow/Previn/Sinatra take on families, and didn't anticipate the need to make it illegal to sleep with the adult (who's age cannot be proven, but guessed to be 18-20) adopted daughter of the woman you're shacking up with to adopt kids.

Remember, Mia was in a May/August relationship with Frank Sinatra (she was 21 when Frank was 50), so the Hollywood set has no problem with such age differences....

Gentledawn said- Quite frankly, Mose's parentage is not the discussion here.

Huh? Who said anyting about Mose's parentage?

The parentage of Moses was never brought up by me, so perhaps you're thinking of Ronan (named Satchel at birth), who was said to be the biological son of Woody Allen (and whom he paid child support for, after Mia allegedly committed perjury in the hearing where she sought child support from Woody). But as stated, with Mia's recent interview in Vanity Fair, she hinted Sinatra's paternity was "a possibility"?

Heck, I'm wondering if the Soon Yi affair wasn't a way for Woody to get even with Mia for her affair with Sinatra, on the side?

Celebrities and their tangled love lives....

• lisaBObeesa
  • Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

Sorry, mixed up one nickname with another. Yes, Ronan not Moses.

"On father's day, Ronan tweeted: "Happy Father's day – or as they call it in my family, happy brother-in-law's day."

----

Was Frank Sinatra ever in a parental position/role to Mia Farrow? Ever ? No.

Apples to oranges.

Oh, and this:

Remember, Mia was in a May/August relationship with Frank Sinatra (she was 21 when Frank was 50), so the Hollywood set has no problem with such age differences....

The age difference isn't the real issue. The parental role/responsibility is.

He is/was Soon-Yi's dad.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I was always a big Woody Allen fan. In fact, when I turned 21, my father brought me to Michael's Pub to watch him play with his band.

Here's how I see it: What I know is that Allen began a relationship with Mia Farrow's adopted daughter. This act, while evidently 'legal', was morally reprehensible. This alone is all that is neccesary to identify Allen as (at the very least) a narcissistic asshole.

On the other hand, Farrow comes off as a whack-job as well. What bothered me especially was the suggestion that Frank Sinatra was the 'real' father of her son, Whatever-the-Hell-His-Name-Is.*

Folks, we're in the age of DNA testing. EITHER HE'S F-ING FRANK SINATRA'S SON OR HE ISN'T! Why the suggestion and yet no proof? This, to me, identifies Farrow as ANOTHER narcissistic asshole.

So, I feel for the poor kids, especially Dylan.

I don't know. I think at best, she had two of the most narcissistic, shitty parents on the planet.

I honestly don't believe either one.

*Ronan

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

So, it seems that some people are defending Woody Allen against these charges because there's no proof that this abuse happened. That seems fair... I assume you folks that are taking this stance also are in favor of the two-witness policy of the Society?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm not defending Allen's irresponsible act of going after an impressionable young girl who may

have looked up to him first as father figure as Mia was a mother.

What he might of done with Dylan is another story in itself, that most likely will never be resolved

due to length of time it supposedly happened two decades ago.

• talesin
    talesin

Heck, I'm wondering if the Soon Yi affair wasn't a way for Woody to get even with Mia for her affair with Sinatra, on the side?

Celebrities and their tangled love lives....

Heck, I'm wondering if grooming Soon Yi wasn't a way for Woody to adopt more little girls to play with?

Perverts and their tangled webs of deceit ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit