Woody Allen speaks out

by NewYork44M 131 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe it was the life time achievement award that got your driven to show to the world that hey this guy isn't all that great.

You could image if she has had this weighted on her shoulders all these years that she may have just wanted to take

some of whats been placed there off.

Woody as most know has garnered a great amount of respect in the film industry from directing and producing films

over the years, maybe its her intent to shrink down some of that built up respect around himself ?

• adamah
    adamah

From the link provided by Lisa, on page one:

A state's attorney in Connecticut said yesterday that he had "probable cause" to prosecute Woody Allen on charges that he sexually molested his adopted daughter, but had decided to spare her the trauma of a court appearance.

The state's attorney in Litchfield, Frank Maco, said he had drawn up an arrest warrant for Mr. Allen, but then decided not to pursue the case. He said the girl's mother, Mia Farrow, had agreed that dropping the charges was in her daughter's best interest.

"This was no time for a damn-the-torpedoes prosecutorial approach," Mr. Maco said at a news conference in Wallingford, Conn., yesterday.

But Mr. Maco seemed to go out of his way to say publicly that he believed the child had been molested. He was not obligated to make his decision, or his reasoning, public.

Mr. Allen was accused of sexually abusing his daughter last August at Ms. Farrow's house in Bridgewater, Conn. Six months ago, a team of investigators at Yale-New Haven Hospital concluded that no sexual abuse had taken place but said both Mr. Allen and Ms. Farrow had disturbed relations with Dylan. Ms. Alter (Mia's lawyer) had discounted the report, saying it was incomplete and inaccurate. Mr. Maco (CT State prosecutor) said he had requested the hospital study, which described Dylan as a dreamy child who "had difficulty distinguishing fantasy from reality."

But he discounted its findings, saying his own review of investigative reports and medical evaluations had convinced him that he did have enough evidence to take to trial. He said there was nothing in the report from the Yale clinic "that would lead me to question the credibility of the child."

Oh, you mean aside from the entire conclusion of the report, which concluded that no sexual abuse actually took place, and the part where child psychiatrists noted "Dylan's difficulty distinguishing fantasy from reality"?

The article mentions this:

....Mr. Maco's remarks about the case were criticized by some legal scholars, who said it was an unfair attempt to have it both ways by claiming victory without taking the case to trial.

Stephen Gillers, a professor at New York University Law School and an expert on legal ethics, criticized Mr. Maco, saying, "You don't declare the man guilty and then say you're not going to prosecute, leaving him to defend himself in the press."

"It's a violation of Allen's constitutional rights, in my view," Mr. Gillers said. "I can't overemphasize how remarkable this is."

All of this suggests a prosecutor talking out of both sides of his mouth, knowing he didn't have sufficient evidence to obtain a conviction, since he'd proceed with the case, if he had.

Facts and evidence talk, and BS walks...

Not to mention, the statute of limitations on criminal charges didn't expire until Dylan hit the age of 20, so if the evidence and her testimony were so damning, yet the prosecutors (and Mia) didn't want to put Dylan thru the trauma of testifying as a young child, why didn't the prosecutor (or Mia) put the case on hold until Dylan was emotionally-ready to handle it (i.e. after hitting 18, or even 20)?

Along those lines, Dylan still has time left to file a civil suit (age of 30, I believe, in CT), so why not take Woody to an actual court of law where she can prove her case, rather than speaking in the court of public opinion which doesn't need any evidence? The timing is highly suspect, and to continue to talk trash in public strikes me as insincere, to say the least.

One of the other adopted children, Moses (now a family therapist), has publicly stated that he along with the others were manipulated by Mia:

Dylan Farrow’s brother Moses Farrow responded to the letter earlier this week by saying his sister was never abused and that Mia Farrow, not Woody Allen, hurt the children. “My mother drummed it into me to hate my father for tearing apart the family and sexually molesting my sister,” Moses Farrow, 36, told People. “And I hated him for her for years. I see now that this was a vengeful way to pay him back for falling in love with Soon-Yi.” “Of course Woody did not molest my sister,” he added.

"[Dylan] looked forward to seeing [Allen] when he would visit," he said. "She never hid from him until our mother succeeded in creating the atmosphere of fear and hate towards him. The day in question, there were six or seven of us in the house. We were all in public rooms and no one, not my father or sister, was off in any private spaces. My mother was conveniently out shopping. I don't know if my sister really believes she was molested or is trying to please her mother. Pleasing my mother was very powerful motivation because to be on her wrong side was horrible."

Moses added that his home with Mia Farrow at the helm was never a happy one. and in fact, she was the abusive one.

"From an early age, my mother demanded obedience and I was often hit as a child," he added. "She went into unbridled rages if we angered her, which was intimidating at the very least and often horrifying, leaving us not knowing what she would do."

He even said that distancing himself from his mother "has led to a positive reunion with my father."

Dylan asserts to People magazine that she was "never coached."

"My memories are the truth and they are mine and I will live with that for the rest of my life," she said. "I can't stay silent when my family needs me and I will not abandon them like Soon-Yi and Moses. My brother is dead to me."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/dylan-farrows-brother-moses-mia-farrow-woody-allen/story?id=22377303

Of course, Mia also recently revealed in a Vanity Fair interview that her son Ronan is 'possibly' the result of an affair she was carrying on while married to Woody Allen with her ex-husband, Frank Sinatra, a fact which she lied about under oath in court in order to receive child support from Woody Allen:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/02/08/Woody-Allen-If-Ronan-is-Frank-s-Mia-Lied-Under-Oath-to-Receive-Child-Support

So who does Ronan look more like?

Or does Ronan look more like Jewish Woody?

Looks like ol' blue eyes lives on, LOL!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

What I find is a disconnection in Woody's behavior. In his actions. In his accountability and responsibility and in pretty well almost every way.

First of all - he was acting in the capacity of father to all of the children in the family. Throughout interviews with reporters, one in 1991 as I recall, they talked about him spending weekends at the Connecticut home all together; of taking many vacations together and of him being there in the morning when the kids got up to helping put them to bed. Those are a lot of years to kids - there is consistency, a security factor - a trust and a family connection.

In his response article, Woody speaks of this all happening when he was 'blissfully' in the first stages of his love affair with a woman - this is certainly a disconnect. He was the father figure in the life of the young woman - had they been legally married, Allen would have legally been her step father and in a common law relationship, he was in fact a step father to the children. What he should have said is that he was blissfully in the throes of a love affair with one of his step children - because that's what she was. He separated the child and his relationship to the child and instead put in place the word woman in order to disconnect from the relationship.

Woody was almost 60 and Soon Yi was either 18 or 19 when the nude photos were taken. Nobody knows whether or not they were involved sexually prior to that and again, Woody seems more intent on pointing a finger at Mia and her relationships with other men, rather like a 'look she did it too so what'..kind of response that appears to looking for some sort of validation in his actions.

He points to his adopting two kids as being the barometer of his innocence - again 'look, they wouldn't have given me kids if I was guilty'.

Eventually this will go to sleep again - it seems that it was the accolades from his peers that opened these wounds again. Those who say Dylan is 'strange'..should evaluate the maturity level of a 60 year old man who could not restrain himself sexually around a teenager and who even now seems to disconnect himself from the father/child relationship and blame everyone else for his other father/child relationships. He abused at the very least, the position of adult authority, security, consistency and trust within the family and for the rest of the children by his actions. There are a great many young women out there that he could have gotten involved in - he took the opportunity to have a relationship with his 'step daughter'. It starts there.

Even if I can't stand Mia - I have to look at the adults for the behavior - both these adults were immature, selfish people - and nobody knows just how long any of this went on with Soon Yi before they ran off into the sunset together - opportunity bred familiarity and ultimately marriage - predators look for opportunity - who knows?

-----

It’s sort of like just enough,” Allen told his biographer Eric Lax in 1990. Their relationship worked, Allen said, “because we don’t live together and that she has her own life completely and that I have mine that we’re able to maintain this relationship with a certain proper tension.”

In February 1991, The New York Times ran an excerpt from Lax’s glowing biography, “Woody and Mia: A New York Story.” By now, they had one biological child together (or so we thought), 3-year-old son Satchel, now Ronan. Allen had also adopted two of Mia’s 11 other children — Moses, then 13, and Dylan, then 6.

Before that year was out, Woody was sleeping with Mia’s adopted daughter, Soon-Yi Previn, who was either 18 or 20. (She has no birth certificate, and her age was roughly determined by a bone scan.) Mia learned of the affair Jan. 13, 1992. She had brought 3-year-old Satchel to Allen’s apartment for his regular therapy session — the whole family saw shrinks — and discovered six nude Polaroids of Soon-Yi on his mantle, her legs spread open.

She phoned Allen, told him to stay away, and rushed back home with Satchel. Soon-Yi was there, and Mia attacked her, at one point reportedly breaking a chair over her daughter. Allen rushed over and declared his great love for Soon-Yi and his intent to marry her. According to a 1992 Vanity Fair story, Mia said, “Fine . . . Take her and go.”

Suddenly, Allen changed his mind, fell to his knees and proposed marriage to Mia. The thing with Soon-Yi, he said was “a tepid little affair” that was “probably good for Soon-Yi’s self-esteem.” Mia slapped his face, then Allen sat down with the rest of the family for dinner.

At the time, Allen was shooting “Husbands and Wives” — a film about adultery — and Mia had a starring role. The running joke on the set was that Mia needed a steady supply of “fresh babies.” Even after discovering the affair, she continued shooting. She veered from wanting to work things out with Allen to threatening his life and her own. She’d call him in the middle of night and threaten to gouge out his eyes, demand to know if Soon-Yi was better in bed.

Meanwhile, she adopted two more children. In February 1992, she brought home a 6-year-old boy with cerebral palsy and mental retardation. After four days, she re-homed him in the Southwest. She adopted another child, an 11-year-old blind girl from Vietnam, and after that, she took in Isaiah, an infant born to a crack addict.

That Valentine’s Day, she sent Allen a family photo with skewers piercing each child’s heart, a steak knife wrapped in a Xerox of a nude Soon-Yi through hers. She was still publicly going out with Allen. In the spring, after the couple dined at Elaine’s, friends described Mia as looking “like [a post-assassination] Jackie Kennedy on Air Force One.”

Soon-Yi was exiled, sent in June to work at a camp in Maine, and while in one of their reconciliation phases, Mia was shocked to get a letter from the camp: Soon-Yi had been asked to leave, because Allen was bombarding her with calls. She had no idea where her daughter was, and didn’t find out till the tabloids ran a picture of Soon-Yi outside Allen’s apartment.

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

ad hominem attack:

Of course, Mia recently revealed in a Vanity Fair interview that her son Ronan is 'possibly' the result of an affair she was carrying on while married to Woody Allen with her ex-husband, Frank Sinatra

Quite frankly, Mose's parentage is not the discussion here.

Mia Farrow was never married to Woody Allen. They adopted children together, but never married each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_Allen#Marriages_and_romantic_relationships

The man was Soon-Yi's father. Period. Full stop. he had no business "falling in love" with his OWN DAUGHTER. Blood ties mean nothing to a child. Mom and dad are simply that, and those boundaries need to be held and respected.

It's not a matter of "loving a much younger" person. A father -- ANY father-- should never have sex with their own child.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

"But he discounted its findings, saying his own review of investigative reports and medical evaluations had convinced him that he did have enough evidence to take to trial. He said there was nothing in the report from the Yale clinic "that would lead me to question the credibility of the child."

Oh, you mean aside from the entire conclusion of the report, which concluded that no sexual abuse actually took place, and the part where child psychiatrists noted "Dylan's difficulty distinguishing fantasy from reality"?

The Connecticut prosecutor was not the only one who did not find the report credible.

The judge in the custody case also found the report to not be credible due to the fact that the authors destroyed their notes (making it impossible to review what their findings were actually based on), and they refused to testify at the custody trial:

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

This was more in the NY post article - how anyone thinks either Farrow or Allen should adopt kids is beyond me but I don't make the rules - perhaps it was their very liberal, selfish and immature ideals and behaviors that kept them together in the first place.sw

---

On Aug. 4, 1992, Mia claimed that while she was out shopping, Allen had disappeared with Dylan for 15 to 20 minutes at their country home in Connecticut. That day, Mia was scheduled to sign custody papers. According to a September 1992 report in New York magazine, she had worked out an arrangement with Allen allowing him visitation. He agreed to keep casting her. They’d keep going on their annual, two-week trips to Europe as a family, and to the outside world, they’d remain Woody and Mia.

But before those papers arrived, Mia called her lawyer and said something very bad had happened. Allen had taken Dylan up to the attic and molested her. She videotaped Dylan — a tape that was later reported to have been edited in-camera — then took her to the doctor for an exam.

Mia also kept on with her plans to star in Allen’s next movie, “Manhattan Murder Mystery,” and placed a call to meet with the wardrobe supervisor on Aug. 9.

“She accused me of child molestation on August 4th, right?” Allen told “60 Minutes” that November. “And August 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th — you know, the week after, she’s fully saying, ‘When do we begin our new movie? I’m going for my costume fitting next week’ . . . And I said, ‘Are you kidding? You’re accusing me of child molestation, and you think we’re just going to go on with the movie? . . . This is insane.’ ”

By then, this neo-Greek tragedy had been playing out for eight months, and no one aside from the immediate family and their closest friends knew. But after a disastrous meeting on Aug. 13, when Allen felt Mia was trying to shake him down for $7 million (a sum her lawyer disputed), he filed for custody of their three children, then leaked the filing to several outlets, including the New York Post.

“On many, many occasions,” he told “60 Minutes,” “Mia had said to me, ‘You took my daughter, and I’m going to take yours.’ ”

Both sides began leaking to the press accusations ranging from unflattering to criminal. Woody only liked to be called “Max” in public. He wouldn’t shower at the house in Connecticut because the drain was in the middle, not the side. He never slept over at her apartment; instead, she’d trundle through Central Park with seven kids just to sleep at his place. Most damningly, he’d always had an interest in teenage girls and made light of child molestation — just look at his movies.

Mia, said Woody’s camp, was no naif. At 19, she began dating Frank Sinatra, 39 years her senior. They married when she was 21 and divorced soon after. She wrote a character reference for Roman Polanski when he was on trial for raping a 13-year-old girl.

As recently as 2005, Farrow flew to London, testifying for Polanksi in a lawsuit against Vanity Fair. (The mag reported Polanski hit on a woman three weeks after his wife’s murder; Farrow testified Polanski would never do such a thing.) Farrow dated the married composer Andre Previn for two years and got pregnant with his twins. Previn left his wife, Dory, who suffered a nervous breakdown. Mia hoarded kids and was a bad mother; several of her children were in trouble for shoplifting, skipping school, forging checks.

The ensuing custody trial demolished the myth of Woody and Mia as the ultimate in sophisticated, urbane couplehood. Two former employees testified that Mia treated her adopted kids like help, and that she once slapped an adopted son because he lost a dog leash. Sinatra threatened to break Allen’s legs.

A friend of Mia’s testified that Woody abused Satchel, threatening to break his legs and twisting one so hard the toddler screamed. Mia admitted on the stand that she had gotten into a brawl with Soon-Yi after her daughter said, “The person who is sleeping with [Allen] is the one with the relationship.” Household staff claimed to have witnessed Allen acting “inappropriately” with Dylan, one saying she had seen Allen with his head in Dylan’s lap.

Allen denied all accusations of abuse and held a press conference declaring his love for Soon-Yi. Though he was excoriated daily in the press for carrying on with his longtime lover’s adopted daughter, Allen could not understand the problem.

I didn’t find any great moral dilemmas whatsoever,” he told Time magazine in November 1992. “I didn’t feel that just because she was Mia’s daughter, there was any great moral dilemma. It was a fact, but not one with any great import. It wasn’t like she was my daughter.”

Woody Allen was never charged with molesting Dylan. An investigative team of child-abuse experts at Yale-New Haven Hospital said he didn’t do it, while the state Supreme Court judge on the case, Elliot Wilk, said he didn’t know if Allen did it. Mia was awarded custody, and Allen was permitted supervised visits only with Satchel, now Ronan. By 1995, the visits stopped when the boy said he no longer wanted to see Allen, and a judge ruled the visits be suspended.

In 1997, Woody and Soon-Yi married in Venice and later adopted two daughters of their own. He still doesn’t understand why their romance repulsed people. “What was the scandal?” he said in 2011. “I fell in love with this girl. I married her.”

Among the people who’ve publicly taken sides in this Gothic family saga is Stacey Nelkin, who dated Allen when she was 17 and he was 41.

“What disturbs me is that Mia has tried to blur these lines — because he likes to date young women, he must have been interested in a 7-year-old,” she says. “Pedophiles are compulsive. No one has accused him before, and no one has subsequently.”

Nelkin first met Allen when he cast her in “Annie Hall.” A few months later, they began dating. She was still a student at Stuyvesant High.

“I was 17, but I was a sophisticated New York City kid,” she says. She recalls him as very considerate. “I rarely slept over,” she says. “He was adamant about me not staying so that I’d be at school on time.”

Modal Trigger

Stacy Nelkin, with two photos of herself when she was a teenager. Photo: Helayne Seidman

Their relationship was the inspiration for Allen’s film “Manhattan,” in which he romances a teenage Mariel Hemingway who, as Nelkin did, chases him, cajoles him into a relationship, then breaks it off, leaving him heartbroken.

“He said, ‘What is this, a pattern with you?’ ” Nelkin recalls. “I said, ‘A pattern? I’m 19!’ ”

Nelkin spent years in psychotherapy to work through that relationship. “Every therapist I’ve ever seen in New York, their eyes light up” at his name, she says. “At some point, They’ve probably all come across him.”

While Nelkin says she found Allen’s romance with Soon-Yi “creepy,” she thinks it’s unfair the public holds only him accountable for all that’s transpired.

“He and Mia,” she says, “created this Greek tragedy together.”

• talesin
    talesin

NOTE: that was a pediatrician, and two social workers ........... the actual psychiatrist only signed off on the report - never interviewed the child. So, no psychiatrist, just an MD and two SW....

It's good to get your facts straight when defending an accused pedophile, Adamah.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Everybody wants to talk about Soon-Yi, Frank Sinatra, Woody Allen, and Mia Farrow.

What about Dylan Farrow and what she said about what happened to her and what she said in her response to Woody Allen's NYT post?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A couple of pics of the family together, I think that it was Woody's own intuitive and drive to start a sexual relationship with his supposed adopted daughter.

Take it from Mia's perspective, she's in a sexual relationship with Woody, then she hears that Woody himself has started

something up with her own adopted daughter.

I think most woman would be appalled and enraged particularly if she thinks the man had deliberately taken advantage of the

situation on his own precarious way.

• talesin
    talesin

lisa,,, typical ... folks only acknowledge what they want to hear/read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit