Woody Allen speaks out

by NewYork44M 131 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I still think its ethically repulsive that a 57 year old man who was seen and perceived by this young girl as adult guardian

would be sexual aroused by seeing naked pictures of her, which accumulated into him having a sexual affair with her.

Her relationship with him actually started when she was only ten years old.

What could a mature adult male with a known expansive intellect possibly have in common with 19 year adolescent girl ?

Sounds to me that Allen wanted a young naive girl who he could have absolute power and control over (directer)

was what he was looking for and perhaps boosting his self ego/image of himself by having a young girl on his arm.

What further is bothersome is that this was most likely Soon-Yi first experience with someone of the opposite sex.

This really reeks of someone taking advantage of someone as to serve their own selfish appointed needs and

much less concern for others and isn't typical for people who have celebrity status to think they are

very special people, therefore are deserving un to themselves ?

• DJS
    DJS

He dated young adult women. That isn't illegal nor is it immoral. If it doesn't fit your sense of right and wrong so what? It isn't my cup of tea either but I don't give a rip. I am not aware that he did anything improper with Soon Yi before she was of age. If you are then turn him in. It works both ways. Young adult girls are also looking for father figures at times, as the woman referred to on Piers Morgan. So rich and entitled men want to date young adult women because they can? Duh. It also happens in the trailer park. None of that has anything to do with child molestation. And BOTR, you state Soon Yi is 'proof' he would victimize a child? Proof? Really? Proof? No one else saw it as 'proof.' You want to reword that and re-submit. Proof? Really? I wouldn't want you on any jury I was subjet to nor making any important decisions about the planet. Im really not surprised by the judgmental statements on this topic. I've found ex-JWs to continue to be some of the most judgmental, closed minded, unsophisticated people I know. Disappointing.

Lots of very powerful people tried to bury Woody Allen on these matters. Nothing stuck. Thank goodness rational fair minded people required something more before burying him. The facts. Something most on this forum don't care about. Just thier feellings, beliefs and pre-conceived and pre-form biases and judgments.

• Simon
    Simon

Who knows if the man who married his adopted daughter molested one of his other daughters. It seems unthinkably wrong for someone to ever have a sexual relationship with someone that they were a father to, whether it is legally wrong or not, to me it just screams "weird and wrong".

There seem to be gaps in the investigation / prosecution that seem all too common with "stars".

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Lots of very powerful people tried to bury Woody Allen on these matters. Nothing stuck. Thank goodness rational fair minded people required something more before burying him. The facts.

See, that is not exactly how it was. 'Nothing stuck' because although Connecticut prosecutor had probable cause to prosecute Woody Allen, they decided it was in the interest of the child to keep her off the stand. You make it sound like they couldn't find any reason to charge him. In fact, they did have reason to believe he should be charged.

A state's attorney in Connecticut said yesterday that he had "probable cause" to prosecute Woody Allen on charges that he sexually molested his adopted daughter, but had decided to spare her the trauma of a court appearance.

I'm interested in what you all think of the points Dylan makes in this resonse to what Woody said in the NYT on the 7th:

Once again, Woody Allen is attacking me and my family in an effort to discredit and silence me - but nothing he says or writes can change the truth. For 20 years, I have never wavered in describing what he did to me. I will carry the memories of surviving these experiences for the rest of my life.

His op-ed is the latest rehash of the same legalese, distortions, and outright lies he has leveled at me for the past 20 years. He insists my mother brought criminal charges - in fact, it was a pediatrician who reported the incident to the police based on my firsthand account. He suggests that no one complained of his misconduct prior to his assault on me - court documents show that he was in treatment for what his own therapist described as “inappropriate” behavior with me from as early as 1991. He offers a carefully worded claim that he passed a lie detector test - in fact, he refused to take the test administered by the state police (he hired someone to administer his own test, which authorities refused to accept as evidence). These and other misrepresentations have been rebutted in more detail by independent, highly respected journalists, including this most recent article here:

With all the attempts to misrepresent the facts, it is important to be reminded of the truth contained in court documents from the only final ruling in this case, by the New York Supreme Court in 1992. In denying my father all access to me, that court:

• Debunked the "experts" my father claims exonerated him, calling them "colored by their loyalty to Mr. Allen", criticizing the author of their report (who never met me) for destroying all supporting documentation, and calling their conclusions "sanitized and therefore less credible".
    • Included testimony from babysitters who witnessed inappropriate sexual behavior by my father toward me.
    • Found that “there is no credible evidence to support Mr. Allen's contention that Ms. Farrow coached Dylan or that Ms. Farrow acted upon a desire for revenge against him for seducing Soon-Yi. Mr. Allen's resort to the stereotypical ‘woman scorned’ defense is an injudicious attempt to divert attention from his failure to act as a responsible parent and adult.”
    • Concluded that the evidence "...proves that Mr. Allen's behavior toward Dylan was grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her.”
    • Finally, the Connecticut State prosecutor found "probable cause" to prosecute, but made the decision not to in an effort to protect "the child victim", given my fragile state.

From the bottom of my heart, I will be forever grateful for the outpouring of support I have received from survivors and countless others. If speaking out about my experience can help others stand up to their tormentors, it will be worth the pain and suffering my father continues to inflict on me. Woody Allen has an arsenal of lawyers and publicists but the one thing he does not have on his side is the truth. I hope this is the end of his vicious attacks and of the media campaign by his lawyers and publicists, as he’s promised. I won't let the truth be buried and I won't be silenced.

• DJS
    DJS

Probable cause can be based on nothing more than someone's statements and is open to conjecture. DAs only move forward, typically, on cases they think they can win. The Michael Jackson case is an excellent example. I believe brother Michael was gulity, but having seen the pathetic opportunist 'victim' and his family, the jury favored MJ. I think they beleived MJ was guilty as well, but the prosecution's witnesses were awful. Woody's case is so much more shallow, based on what I know (and I admittedly am not an expert but I doubt anyone else on this site is either ). If they thought they could have won the case they would have moved forward. An expert panel didn't think he did it.

I have empathy for Dylan. I don't know the truth. But, if what Woody Alllen said in his response is true, his credibility is higher. An expert panel beleived that a long time ago. He may be lying. I do not know. He may be a molester. I do not know. But Soon Yi and the girl on Piers Morgan, although raising some suspicion, are not 'proof' about anything. As I understand, both Soon Yi and the woman on Piers Morgan say very good things about Mr. Allen. But I know that those certified to administer lie detection analyses are held to a very high standard. If my memory serves me correctly (don't hold me to this because it has been a long time and I didn't spend the time reseraching), O.J.s lawyers also hired ther own polygrapher and O.J. failed.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

But, if what Woody Alllen said in his response is true, his credibility is higher.

???

Are you saying if Woody Allen is credible then he is credible?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In view of the all of the known facts concerning Woody and his attraction to young females, it does leave a suspicious air

about him. Most people would agree.

Right now I'm Woody's age when he started to date Soon-Yi when she was just 19 and people would really

be raising their eyes if I started dating a 19 year old, particularity from the girl's parents.

Matter of fact if a 57 year old came knocking on the family door asking to take my daughter out I would

punch him right in the face without hesitation. Most fathers would as well I would assume.

The most obvious differences between me and Woody is I'm not a rich and powerful celebrity like him and I haven't been in a

relationship with a woman who adopted a young female child.

• watson
    watson

Show biz is a crazy lot. I think Mia was just 19 when she married Sinatra.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Another thing that presents something into this newly released story is what is the actual motive

or intent of Dylan Farrow to do what she's doing now ?

Money, hatred directed intensionally to ruin his public reputation ?

Woody as you know recently was awarded a life time achievement award at the Golden Globes Awards.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

This all come out in the early 90's...Dylan was 7 years old when this happened.

Maybe she speaking out now because he molested her, she TOLD the world what happened to her, and still everybody acts like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Maybe she wants to protect other little girls from him?

maybe she wants to empower other people who have gone through what she went through?

She has written about why she is speaking out now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit