Hubby's Exited

by jgnat 120 Replies latest members private

• Scully
    Scully

That's such great news, jgnat!

I hope the JWs will just let him fade quietly, without trying to start a witchhunt to threaten him with being DFd.

We went for about 8 years without the JWs (including JW relatives) even noticing that we weren't there or ever trying to contact us or being even remotely curious about what caused the lapse, prior to the witchhunt that resulted in them lying about Mr Scully having "written a letter to Disassociateā„¢ himself".

It's good for him that his JW family ties are really non-existent - it's a card that they can't play to emotionally blackmail him. FWIW, real friends wouldn't play that card either - just help him to bear that in mind if that sort of thing begins.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Jgnat...I was supposed to stop in Edmonton this week for business then to Vancouver...on my way to Seoul but my stop over in Oiler territory has been postponed for a few weeks. Maybe I could connect with the new bad boy for a few beers when I finally make the trip...congrats to you both.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Where is my "LIKE" button???

• chicken little
    chicken little

Very happy for you both, hope you continue to grow closer together now the elephant is out of the room.

Love
    Chicken little.

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

Congrats!

12 years? By any standard, that's an impressive display of love.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great news, the end to the suffering !

• jgnat
    jgnat

Scully, you have been alongside for the whole ride. I am grateful. LucidChimp, I am touched. I've had practice. Being a steady hand in my Schizophrenic son's life has taken the same persistence. My son is utterly convinced of my enduring love, an anchor in his storm.

Hubby said something stupid this morning as he often does, and I whisper "But I still love you". He whispers back, "I know".

Having been a single parent for twenty years, I still revel in the special teamwork a marriage can be. These little rituals of confirmation and acceptance. That has to be stronger than what the WTS offers. I want every couple with an exiting Witness to rediscover this intimacy.

• humbled
    humbled

(Sorry, Jgnat--I posted earlier and just was checking the news---Hit the "Submit" button????!!)

Still hoping the best and glad for the updates.

Maeve

• pixel
    pixel

Congrats!!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Great to hear that hubbie is thinking for himself. It is sometimes a messy process to go from having everything figured out (by the WTS) to having your own opinions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit