Hubby's Exited

by jgnat 120 Replies latest members private

• jgnat
    jgnat

Guess where we were tonight? At the fitness club!

Hubby got heavily involved in fitness the last time his life fell apart. It was one of the most positive steps he has ever taken, and I had reminded him of that. He's back in the club and I can see some of those old feelings (of being in charge, doing something good for himself) coming back.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Great! One at the time. Slowly but steady.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Congrats,..

I was telling my wife a few months ago about a "lady who has been working on her husband for over a decade!" I can't wait to tell her that he made a move in the right direction.

NJY

• jgnat
    jgnat

Notjustyet, I use examples from this site all the time, especially the lovelorn and the shunning stories. He jolts in the hearing and has always claimed they have no effect, but I figure it must have affected him at some level. Most telling is my recent stories of a "nice young man" who sincerely and thoroughly studied his beliefs and found them wanting. As a consequence, his mother is now shunning him. Hubby started out by saying automatically that the boy should go back to the meetings. I ignored that and kept giving him updates. Hubby's attitude towards this nice young man has slowly shifted and now he speaks more positively of him.

I think my example can be most helpful for those of us with loved-ones who are emotional believers, who refuse logic at every turn.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Jgnat, I just want to say Congratulations, I am so happy for you and your husband. What patience and restraint! Unconditional love is a powerful thing.

• smiddy
    smiddy

jgnat

You must have the patience of Eve putting up with Adam for more than 900 years . I hope he keeps making progress and you both enjoy the rest of your lves" witness" free.

smiddy

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Jgnat, I've somehow missed this thread. But what an achievement you've reached, just awesome! I wish the both of you a happy cult free life together, and hopefully your hubby will stay out and enjoy all that life outside the WTS has to offer. Good job on your part, you're an amazingly patient woman and your hubby a very lucky man to have you!

• Caedes
    Caedes

Jgnat, congratulations. I wish you and your husband all the best. He is lucky to have someone as patient and understanding as you at his side.

• jgnat
    jgnat

He still needs me for strategy. He wondered aloud if he should just tell random Witnesses that he is disfellowshipped. I asked him if he wanted the elders down on his head? At the moment, everyone is quiet and happy. But if he tells just one Witness he is disfellowshipped, guess who that is going to get back to?

Oh.

I tell him we can continue to do what we have been doing. If we run in to old friends from the Hall, shoot the breeze and ask all about their life. Fringe Witnesses are starved for attention anyhow.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Awesome news!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit