Hubby's Exited

by jgnat 120 Replies latest members private

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What fantastic news ! I am so pleased for you, and I admire the wise and loving way you have achieved this.

I am sure the future will be great for you both, and that you will be much closer as a couple, with no more Elephant with JW.Org branded on it in the room.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That's great. I hadn't seen that coming. how did the people mention help? Did they meet him, or speak on the phone, and what were they able to say or do that was effective?

• Laika
    Laika

Congrats Jgnat, really pleased for you. :)

• nugget
    nugget

Congratulations . With continued encouragement it should stick especially if he is off the medication. Says a lot that he couldn't tolerate the meetings unmedicated.

• carla
    carla

A hearty congratulations!!! I'm so happy for both of you!

• designs
  • jgnat
    jgnat

It sure is nice waking up to all this cheer! How did all these "apostates" help? They were friendly. That's it. About patience. I am not passive in my patience and I have been sharply critical of the Society on occasion. I liken the way to nudge a person to a new way of thinking as docking an ocean liner. Strategic nudges in the right places. If it has taken twelve years, I have made some false moves, along the way, LOL.

Thinking books won't help my guy. He's a natural hedonist. I will keep him exposed to the world and he will do the rest.

I have a new idea from all your comments. I will regularly ask him for his opinion on various issues and let him drift away from the current teachings.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Congrats jgnat - I hope it lasts. Well done

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am happy for you both jgnat, things can turn out well if we play the long game. You must have been a loving caring wife for 12 years and he loves you for it, like cofty said you won him over without a word, well maybe a couple. But he seems to have found the meetings unpleasant anyway. I hope he has exited for good.

Kate xx

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

I don't know how you did it but congratulations on pulling your husbands head out of his ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit