What does everyone here DO anyway?

by In_between_days 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thank you, ConnieLynn.

After over 2000 deliveries (I quit counting) I still feel that watching a baby being born is a miracle. The whole process still awes me. And yes I still will tear up on some of my "special deliveries".

j2bf

edited for spelling, still can't spell

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I run the reception area for Probation & Parole....always something weird going on, but people neve cease to amaze me! I'm also a victims advocate for domestic violence, and I volunteer at our county's Health Clinic.

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

As a JW, I was a fool time worshiper of the mst high defined by WTS.
    As a fader JW, I am a CPA who owns a CPA firm.
    It pays my trave hobby.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

I am a full-time software menu interface designer, or basically a graphics/web designer with light programming (html, XML, java, active desktop crapola) THe office is beautiful here, I have a great view of the bay and the United States Naval academy here in annapolis, MD.

On weekends I do Movie Theatre auditing, which involves basically free movies plus getting paid to watch them.

I am a struggling actor on the side, and do some low-level modeling (bridal shows, local clothing companies, no GQ stuff alas) I volunteer at the local community college teaching breakdancing, and I do freelance web projects whenever I can.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, for all the things I say about you Americans!, I actually work for JP Morgan, and spend most of my days on diversity courses believe it or not!

• mike047
    mike047

Toolmaker;currently doing retrofit to beverage handling conveyor systems.

• Decimus
    Decimus

I have worked for a Symphony Orchestra for the past 10 years doing Marketing and audience development.The Theocratic Ministry School training has come in very handy as I do rather a lot of public speaking to civic and business groups about the orchestra and classical music.But I don't count the time!

I am also doing some voice-over work and hope to soon be working with a publisher to do a series of commercial recordings of poetry readings.

Decimus

• TheRedPill
    TheRedPill

I chose two closely related careers. Massage therapy and Mortgage broker.

• patio34
    patio34

Good grief, how times have changed! I don't think one person on this loooong thread said they were a secretary. But I am an executive secretary, called a mgt. asssistant now.

If i weren't so close to retirement, i'd get more schooling for a more interesting job. But, retirement isn't that far away.

Pat

• Solace
    Solace

I work in our local Community Action Office.
    We help the elderly and low income people in our community by offering services such as, personal care, housecleaning, bus service, free books, food pantries and other food drives. We also offer financial assistance to low income clients with overdue heat and electricity bills or who are homeless or facing eviction.
    I enjoy going to work. It really doesnt seem like a job but it is hard not to get emotional when you meet so many who are disadvantaged. One time a man came in to pick up a box of food and it was so heavy that he couldnt carry it. He had walked to the office so we offered to give him a ride home. He pulled out two crumpled up dollar bills from his pocket and tried to pay us for the ride. I was crying for the next hour in my office. The girls thought I was basket case but it really touched me that this poor man wanted to give us what little money he had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit