What does everyone here DO anyway?

by In_between_days 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

During most of my years as a JW, I was a housewife, mother, and very busy elder's wife. When my youngest child was in 5th grade, I started pioneering. I supplemented our income for about 12 years, cleaning houses. I HATED IT!!

Now I am in marketing, mainly to International customers, health products. I do it all from home, on the computer, just a few hours a week, and it's really good money. (it's SHHHHHH ....network marketing, or MLM.........kind of an unpopular subject on this board)

I almost forgot.......I also take care of both of my very elderly parents, who live with us. (89 and 90) How could I forget that? It takes up a good chunk of everyday.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    COBOL still rocks

Yes, it does....and it pays the bills, too. I work as a mainframe database programmer for a stock transfer company.

• QCA1
    QCA1

Hi

I am a Quality Control Manager for a Confectionery Company,i am also a 1st Degree Reiki which is described as Hands On Healing through
    Energy,a Mum of 6 and Grandma of 5 ((((whew))))thats it really.

qca1

• DINKY
    DINKY

I'm taking classes:
    Spanish Final tomorrow
    Paper due tomorrow comparing Joseph Conrad's "The Secret Sharer" with Herman Melville's "Bartleby, the Scrivener."
    Working 5th step tomorrow afternoon with my sponsor.
    I need help with a mythological/biblical association for Leggatt and the captain in "The Secret Sharer." Please e-mail VALID ideas. I've already made the Jesus/Peter connection in "Bartleby."

Dinky

• blindfool
    blindfool

I'm a bouncer at Joys' brothel!

• meat pie
    meat pie

I used to say I was a housewife, and then I thought ,no I'm not married to a HOUSE, I'm married to a FARMER! So I,m a farmer's wife.Which means all sorts of things including being up to my armpit in a cow or a sheep on accasions. Also feeding the family. 3 kids, one left home now.I do a great deal of cooking, very cheap bargain hunting too.I can supplement our income by milking a goat(well I used to) or butchering a roe deer, knitting clothes, spinning wool. So I didn't like it when Brs & Sis. used to ask me why I didn't get a job.HA! Beats working for a living.

• Preston
    Preston

Well....I'm a network admin and help provide business solutions for a small company. I'm into film, particularly the works of Bresson, Bergman, and Tarkovsky. I love all genres. I also do some volunteer work for an organization on campus that assists GLBTQ youth, hope to expand elsewhere. I work out, go to gay clubs, I like hiking, hanging out with friends, reading....oh yeah, I come here once in a while.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

I'm one of Joy's bouncers,too...

Otherwise,I'm a farmer/rancher and I'm in cryo-genetic marketing.

Nuff Said,
    Cowboy

It took me quite a while to realize that the real deal is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you.
    ~Stevie Ray Vaughn

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Laughing out loud! You guys are all too funny.

Now you know why my real profession is a midwife. I've got to deliver all those babies that come along

j2bf

I got my CNM(certified nurse-midwife) degree back in the 80's while my hubby was an elder . I am always for bucking the system, can you tell? [:|]

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

joy2bfree - I think you have the most awesome job mentioned so far! I would much rather watch miracles happen for a living!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit