What does everyone here DO anyway?

by In_between_days 89 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I'm a jack of all trades, master of none.

I own a cleaning service that is FINALLY picking up. Soon(hopefully by the end of summer) I will be able to hire others and and will be able to work just one job instead of three. Yippy!

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Gopher
    Gopher

Lilacs --

That almost sounded like a joke: Your "cleaning service" is "picking up"....

Almost like an elevator operator whose job "has its ups and downs".

Or a drill press operator whose job is "getting better, bit by bit".

-J.R.

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LOL Yes, now that you mention it, it does seem like a joke. I can tell you that for the past two weeks I have been laughing all the way to the bank

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Farkel
    Farkel

: Exactly what IS everyones professional field of work?

I'm a certified professional muckracker.

Farkel

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Hey, I've been rather busy lately and haven't been around here (or anywhere) between meetings and answering e-mail I've forgotten what I am supposed to do. Most days I go home wondering if I actually did anything. Am I alone in this?

I attended three meetings today, spent the first hour this morning preparing for the first one. Had lunch during the second meeting. Before the third meeting I had an impromptu meeting with three colleagues while we figured out a design issue with batch credit card processing. During the final meeting we agreed to meet again but only after I met with a key person to discuss customs and excise issues. Finally, I had an e-mail from a department manager saying she had signed off on a change I had coded. I updated the log, promoted my changes (3 minutes of effort) and went home. I guess I did one thing afterall today.

Gopher,

Surely it's not an AS400 you are moving to? I thought they were all iSeries machines now. Anyway, RPG rules, the extinct any day soon (sound familiar?) language that began in 1961 as an 80 column fixed format punchcard language is now completely free format. I am convinced its IBM's way of converting RPG programmers to C coders via incremental steps.

Thirdson

• Prisca
    Prisca

I make sure my 350 fellow staff members have the money available to pay their mortages and feed their children.

• aarque
    aarque

I've been working in a bookie joint for more than thirty years...

OK..OK.. I'm a librarian...

When I first started to work in 1971, a MS approached me and said that I should refuse to find books for patrons if the topic violated JW principles, such as pro-abortion....another JW would make sure I was on the desk when she returned her overdue materials then refused to pay the fines she owed, saying it was "unChristian" of me to ask her for money. So, I began to "tag" her library registration card for the amount owed...over a period of time, it amounted to nearly $10...when it was time to renew her library card, she had to pay the the fines first before she could get a new one. She stomped off when I reminded her to "pay back to Caesar what belongs to Caesar".

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

I teach people with mental retardation and developmental delays how to use the computer. I also teach so called "typical" folks .... but they aren't as much fun!

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• circe2
    circe2

I'm a nutritionist and a manager for a "natural" foods store.

It's fun but I sure wish I had gone into veterinary medicine years ago when I had the stamina.

circe

• larc
    larc

Circe,

Interesting. My daughter owns a health food store in Yellow Springs, Ohio.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit