Just out of curiosity, how many elders (current & ex) do we have here?

by mrquik 186 Replies latest jw friends

• thedog1
    thedog1

jean luc, not necessarily true about no love between them. Don't count it out completely, there are some people who serve as elders together who actually like each other. Gasp!

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

I'm another one currently "serving" as an elder, though doing my own thing as much as I can get away with without being caught.

The (not so) pure one

• Syme
    Syme

Ex-elder.

I'm surprised, though, to see some current elders here! I wouldn't allow myself to have the slightest amount of doubt while I was still serving. Only after a clean-cut deletion did I feel 'free' to do some research on Evolution, and that was all it took.

• thedog1
    thedog1

Strictly speaking, of course I should not be posting here, but it's horse for courses. Some could not bring themselves to post before jumping ship, and that is understandable. But it is important for others to vent and attempt to understand things by discussing with other people who get it.

• thedog1
    thedog1

sorry, that should be horses for courses.

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

Ex-elder from 1998-2005

• bruh
    bruh

Ex- elder. 10 years MS, 10 years elder.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ex-elder here too. The HS is obviously pretty crap at choosing spiritual men.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Picked my name here before thinking about how it might come off as pretentious or as if I thought it was some badge of honor. Well you get the idea from my name. Free now, not an elder of that type any more.

• dozy
    dozy

Ex -elder here .....

It doesn't surprise me that there are so many ex-elders (and the odd serving elder) here. It was only after I was appointed that I really saw the politics & hypocrisy at first hand & began to realise it was just a dog and pony show rather than a "true religion." I often wonder if I had never been an elder whether I would ever have left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit