Just out of curiosity, how many elders (current & ex) do we have here?

by mrquik 186 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Me too.

No apologies. I never made anybody feel guilty for not doing more and wasn't the judgemental sort.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

I was an elder for 12 years. I stepped down in 1996 and never looked back.

CyrusThePersian

Wow... In about 5 hours already 21 (ex-) elders.

• subytrek
    subytrek

I was an elder for 3 years((2010-2013), MS for 4 years before that(2006-2010) but I was MS even before that(1999-2001) I agree that becoming an elder really showed how human the org is. I didn't see any holy spirit or Gods' hand operating at all. Just a lot of procedures, rules, and following letters from the org; not even that much following the Bible. I'm still halfway in for the wife but mentally out and hopefully I can find a way to get physically out with her. We still make about 25% of the meetings. But thats a big change from being an elder and busy in the org just since Feb.

• sspo
    sspo

ex-elder - 21 years

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Elder for ten years or so. Stepped down (hate that term, implies an elevated status) a few years ago, I too didn't realise it would lead to fading and posting on an APOSTATE website! Still in though. Boooo.

• thedog1
    thedog1

Am I the only currently serving elder on here?

• pixel
    pixel

I'm currently "serving" as an elder.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Blondie: I like your comment. Its true that elders meetings are a REAL EYEOPENER.

If you have attended one, then you KNOW there is no love between them.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

That would be a good topic: "How many are CURRENTLY serving as elders and post here?"

thedog1

pixel

I know there's more...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit