Just out of curiosity, how many elders (current & ex) do we have here?

by mrquik 186 Replies latest jw friends

• Tord
    Tord

Me to :-)

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Ex elder here

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Ex elder. I had the position for about 3 years in the mid 90s. Prior to that I was a MS for over 10 years.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I was an elder but no more

ldrnomo

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

i was as well :(

• Tech49
    Tech49

Previously served as an elder for about 10 years, up until about a year ago. Just couldnt do it anymore...too much hypocrisy, backstabbing, personal agendas, politics, ass kissing, and general disregard for real love. It was becomming all about numbers, stats, and who you were friends with. The nepotism was rampant, double standards were blatantly obvious. Holy Spirit had left the building long ago.

I told Vic.... fu*# this, I'm out. Im not serving with these "brothers" ever again. I handed in my book and keys and left them dangling in the wind.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Elder for 10 years always a small body no more than 4 or 5 even had just three for a year or two that was a ton of work ugggh

Got DFed for the big A a little over a year ago.

BTW Mr Quick it would be great if you could compile a list of a ballpark of how many us on this forum there is. Thanks for the OP.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Appointed at 30, walked out at 40. Being an elder exposes you to more BS that makes you realize there's no friggin way the Watchtower Organization is God's channel of communication on earth.

• blondie
    blondie

I'll post for my hubbie, Irreverent. Elder for 5 years (MS 2 years); he knew it was a scam as soon as he attended his first BOE. Tried to adjust things but just realized that the elders stabbed each other in the back. But they wouldn't let him step aside. He justed handed them his books said goodbye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit