Just out of curiosity, how many elders (current & ex) do we have here?

by mrquik 186 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

xjwsrock

Hang in there.. It has to be tough. My heart goes out to you. We have a hard time even driving by a Kingdom Hall, makes our hair on the back of our necks stand on end. We are both born ins. Most of our family are uber dubs.

The lack of love is what woke us up. Once we started doing research on the religion we were raised in, it was all over for us. It's amazing how much we didn't know. No wonder the GB warns the JW's rank and file not to read anything negative. They have a lot to hide and a lot of blood on their hands.

"Whispers, self-rightousness, and judgement." It's the only thing the JW's are really good at. lol

• fulano
    fulano

I remember I wrote my letter like yesterday, what a relieve I felt! Just do it, it's a waist of time being an elder ..

• loneranger
    loneranger

current elder...5 years

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Ex-elder 2001-2006.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i was the magazines / territory servant in my late teens / early 20's. also a regular pioneer and did public talk home and away.

when i heard the watchtower was going to start elders i cringed---why copy the mormons ? apparently the congregation servant had put me down as an elder--so i think he was a bit put out when i resigned from the cult.

this was in 1971

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Ex-elder 1998-2012

• James Jack
    James Jack

Former Elder, 21 years, 7 years as a MS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit