Just out of curiosity, how many elders (current & ex) do we have here?

by mrquik 186 Replies latest jw friends

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Never a JW here but totally enjoyed reading this thread. I wonder how many more have joined the ranks?

As I said before the "Elder" was the sweetest, kindest, nicest man I had ever met until he made this wordly Italian lady Roasted, Toasted, Deep Fried and BBQ.

• Saename
    Saename

Yeah, worldly Italian lady Roasted, Toasted, Deep Friend and BBQ... The worst thing ever for dinner... If someone ever does that, s/he is not the sweetest, kindest, or nicest.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

It's has taken 3 years and the answer still missing some, maybe in 3 years we will have a final count

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Saename,

For 5 years he was but then I asked the wrong question about his religious beliefs and I guess that is why we never discussed his beliefs. I just was NEVER told you do not question the beliefs of a JW. Rebels and Fighters questions everything. His final words to me were you fight everything you disagree with.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Those of us older ones will remember when asking questions was encouraged. Remember the book " Make Sure of All Things" & the song "Make the Truth Your Own"? Remember all the research books? Not so much anymore. Go ahead, ask a question. See where that gets you. Yet, how do you prove anything is true without asking questions? Did not Jesus respond to questions asked by Satan? I guess the current rank & file aren't quite as articulate.......

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Ex elder 2004-2007

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

All 3 of us are the same age (65). He is a convert. He has been a Witness for 20 years. I was clueless other then those people who rang my door bell and I gave them a hard time.

He gave me the book on Families and I had lots of questions but really tempered them trying to go slow and gentle. This man knew from our conversation over 5 years that I have fought for women and children's rights.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I am an ex-elder

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

ex- elder 1968-1999

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Current elder here. Let's just say I don't fit in very well. Lol.......

Staying in for the wife. It won't last forever but I have to go a little longer.

What I am running into lately is the bewilderment and frustration from fellow elders when I do not feel the same level of obligation that they do. I just turned down an assignment..... GASP! ......I will turn down more before it is over. Of course, you know what that means.......... Whispers, self-rightousness, and judgement behind my back.

The love of Christ's brothers is overwhelming!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit