10 Years out of the JW Organization- What I've Learned ( For what it's Worth)

by flipper 100 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Flipper:

Also, the religion has changed (and not so subtly) over the last ten years. Since the people still there are like frogs in the pot of water and are numbed to the changes, people like us who are OUT and observing are horrified at how much worse the religion is since when we were associated!

Since you have relatives who are still in, this must be a source of frustration to you.

At least years ago, JWs were responsible people for the most part. Not so anymore. There are so many deadbeats and people with serious issues that you and I would be walking a gauntlet. You also have elderly who never saved for retirement, pioneers living on the edge, out of work bethelites and missionaries not to mention people who have recently lost their jobs. Because of the destructive anti-college/career or just plain anti-decent job policy of the religion, there are more categories of needy people there than elsewhere.

The appeals for money must be endless. So glad I am not around this anymore!!!

• whathappened
    whathappened

100% agreement!

• flipper
    flipper

LONG HAIR GAL- You are SOOO true in what you say. After being out of the JW organization I AM truly horrified in seeing how much worse the organization has become in it's subversive mind control tactics. It is a HUGE point of frustration within me watching my still in JW family dwindling away towards death in this REAL world having been victimized by false, unfulfilled WT Society promises. It's absolutely disgusting to me. As you say we have older people who have probably used up their lifes savings to just survive with no retirement because no paradise ever came. And then the WT Society has the idiocy of putting down higher education to the next couple generations of Witnesses ? Who the hell do they think they are ? God ? Well, yes- that's the problem- WT leaders DO think they are God or God's mouthpiece. It's ridiculous. I'm with ya sis- I'm glad I got out 10 years ago as well ! Great for us ! Have a happy new years and great x-mas !

WHATHAPPENED- Me too. I agree 100 %

• mrquik
    mrquik

Keep on living well & enjoying life. Always good to hear from you.

• flipper
    flipper

MR. QUICK- Thanks. We definitely need to live life , live well, and seek happiness. Take care

• Legacy
    Legacy

@Flipper,

I will stay with the org. until I'm not happy anymore....re: child abusers, I think the fault is not going to the police first, then let the police come to the elders. I heard a story, won't blast it but the story didn't jive when I first heard it....so I first thought well they should have gone to the police but the story was so convuluded that they must of thought I can't tell the police this..Some of the friends trust the brothers so much, they put their childs life in harms way. I don't care, if you have children, no man or woman is going to be left alone with my child, if I can help it. As much as we think we know folks, we don't. I think many don't go to the police because some not all stories are a little flaky, as I said, I know of a couple of stories & they just don't sound right, seems like the mother left the child or not paying attention. The problem or the consequences of knocking on doors, you are liable to get anyone, child abusers, drunks whatever...most of these type of folks are shut ins..& when there is a knock at the door they open it because most of the world isn't even checking for them. It's like putting you phone # out there & say, Call me...you never know what or who you going to get.

Flipper, I have found comfort with the scriptures & happen to like my congregation...but I don't hang with them that much, that's when the trouble starts. I'm a mature woman 60 yrs. I see through them & the young ones just don't know how to take me, because they are telling me about how to abstain from sex, oh, the married ones are the first ones to tell you how you can stay chaste, I tell them, you haven't a clue, when you roll over at night your hubby is right there, whether you want him or not. Because if the org. came into the married couples bedrooms & told them to abstain from sex, they would all be in rehab, & alot of DF'ing would be going on too....I will always come to this site to make sure I'm on the right track. I like talking to you Flipper...hope to hear from you again.

Legacy

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

"In closing I have learned I CAN and AM happier not being enslaved by an organization that didn't give a damn about me or others like me. I have much more enduring friendships, a better non-Witness wife, I have the opportunities to pursue my business more fully unencumbered by pressures to perform " WT functions ". I can pursue fun hobbies like playing music on my guitar, singing, hiking & fishing in the mountains, help others in volunteer work without guilt, and feel really good about myself without having to give ANY credit to " Jehovah " or an organization for the good that I do. My self esteem has been built up over these last 10 years and my happiness increases more ad more as the years go on. So that's about it for my ramblings. If any of you newly exiting are reading this, please realize that in your leaving or exiting the Jehovah's Witness cult- your life isn't ending, your whole life is just beginning with positive, new beginnings that will take you places towards freedom and fulfillment. Be patient. It's tough at first, but in time you WILL succeed in having a happy life free of guilt and fear that the WT Society instilled into us. I raise my glass tonight to all of you who have escaped to freedom of mind ! Keep on keeping on, O.K. ? We can all do this!"

Amen Mr. Flipper! I couldn't have said it better.

Isaac

• flipper
    flipper

LEGACY- I can certainly understand your situation in staying with the WT organization until you aren't happy anymore with it as you state. That is your right and your freedom of choice to make entirely. In regards to child abuse within the organization you are correct as well : the fault IS in the elders not going to the police first . But are you AWARE of WHY the elders do NOT go to the police first ? Because they are instructed by the WT Society legal department to NOT go to police first- they are instructed to CALL Bethel legal office first and then given instructions on whether to go to police or stay quiet about the child abuse. THAT is what is written in their instructions from the WT Society elders manual and in secret elders letters from the WT Society. But YOU would not know about that as a congregation publisher- because this information is NOT shared with rank & file JW's . They are in the dark about how the WT Society is trying to protect itself from child abuse lawsuits.

Your statement, " many don't go to the police because some, not all stories are a little flaky ... " - I beg to differ. Many JW parents have been TOLD NOT to go to the police from elders or they will be DFed or expelled for possible " slander " , so many JW parents are in fear of being DFed if they go to police so they are " buffaloed " into ONLY going to elders to report the child abuse( perhaps even of their own children ) or made to feel GUILTY of defaming Jehovah's name if they go to the police. They are told that going to the police will bring " reproach on the organization " - so then you have these JW children suffering abuse and receiving no help ! Then they get post traumatic stress syndrome and then JW parents wonder WHY their children don't want to be Jehovah's Witnesses ? Am I making ANY sense here ? I have seen firsthnd dozens of these cases happen exactly as I'm telling you.

Your statement about meeting householders in field service who may be molesters, " The problem or consequences of knocking on doors, you are liable to get anyone, child abusers, drunks, whatever ... most of these types of folks are shut-ins ( how do you know that ? ) & when there is a knock at the door they open it because most of the world isn't even checking for them ". Well, perhaps. But I ask you to put the shoe on the other foot. Turn the coin over from another viewpoint. Elders do NOT prevent any known JW child molester from knocking on people's doors so the general public is NEVER informed that a known pedophile ( to the elders anyway ) is calling at THEIR door in public. What if a householders minor child answers a door that a JW pedophile calls on ? What if the parents are not home and a JW child molester invites himself in or takes advantage of a non-Witness child in their home ? It HAS happened and WILL happen again if the WT Society continues it's policies of covering over child molesters within their congregations and lets them off with a slap on the wrist or " reproof " if they are allegedly " repentant ". That pedophile will STILL go out in service and have access to children. And all because the WT Society minimizes the danger to children and maximizes the ill effect lawsuits will have on the financial WT Society $$$$ pocketbook for lawsuits.

Not trying to belabor this point but you say you like talking to me and I WILL inform you of information I feel you need to hear in order to make informed decisions as to whether you stay in this organization or not. If you are happy- fine. But personally I cannot abide staying in an organization that harbors felony child abusers. One reason I exited the Witnesses 10 years ago nd have STAYED out.

I'm glad that you have your own mind, it seems that you are an open minded thinking individual. Please ponder all these things I've stated to you. With all due respect it is your choice to make, but you seem too nice an individual to be trapped and duped by a high control organization like Jehovah's Witnesses.

TRUTHSETSONEFREE- Thanks Truth. I just want people to think is all with open minds and freedom of mind

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Lay down with dogs and you get fleas.

• flipper
    flipper

NARCISSISTIC REPLY- Exactly. " Lay down with dogs and you get fleas. " Either that or the creeping scabies or totally mind controlled with our minds not being our own anymore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit