10 Years out of the JW Organization- What I've Learned ( For what it's Worth)

by flipper 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Yeah, the idea that "spirituality" can be measured by things like meeting attendance or hours in the "Field Ministry" is just so ridiculous that it defies description.

As a friend of mine used to like to say, "Let's review: It's a cult!"

• flipper
    flipper

DAGNEY- Indeed many of us certainly HAVE come a long way in our quest for freedom ! Thanks.

OUBLIETTE- I agree. It always used to blow my mind that performing WT Society functions defined " spirituality " to WT authority figures. It is really ridiculous. As you say - it's definitely a cult

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nice summary Flipper

Liked the noting of the grievous harm this organization has caused people now totaling well into the millions.

Not less the personal relationship loss of your own children .

All over some power and money seeking men running a publishing house, the accumulative ending result of

whats becoming a human tragedy on a grand scale.

Back 30 years ago when my own eyes started to open to what the WTS. was up to, I used to wonder if the WTS.

would one day fall flat on its ass with all its coercive lies and corruption, that might still become a reality, I hope so.

Seasons greetings to you and your family and may 2014 be a better year for all.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Well said...Your efforts to help people stand out...you walk it man.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Thank you Flipper for writing your opening post. Your first point about how “special” JW’s are-NOT. I wish I realized this sooner. I truly believed all the spoon-fed crap I was forced to eat from birth until I woke up over 2 years ago at 28. This was the one thing that apparently my wife, also born in, could never buy. This is what made it easy for her to leave after I left. She told me how she always felt it was so “arrogant” to think WE are the only people the have the “whole truth”.

It is so hard, but I try not to dwell on the past but try to look forward to the future. I am happy I got out safe with my wife but especially happy I got my 2 kids out long before they would remember any of it (son now 5 and daughter almost 2).

I never had a dad in my life growing up, but I had a “father-like” figure close to me. Even though we’ve never me, when I read your posts, I am reminded of that father-like figure I always looked up to. Thank you for what you bring to the table here at JWN

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Thanks Flipper, yes that is food at the proper time. Excellent thoughts. I appreciated and have noticed myself the spiritual man is one that is fully occuppied with maintaining the physical functions of the physical buildings, but he is considered a spirtual man. By this definition, as noted, a spiritual man can have a host of ungodly qualities and treat others poorly, but since he is occupied mowing the grass, repairing the vacuum cleaners or the sprinkler system, building a kingdom hall, then he is considered a spiritual man. LOL>

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Flipper, you are a godsend. Danke.

• Thoughtless
  • Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I'm a newby baptized....I did all my research about the org. before I got in. All you say is true. I'm pretty up in age & have been to many places of worship and none of them have the truth...Why I have noticed in the ORG., most folks have found somewhere, where they have been accepted. Wild horses couldn't push them away. Child abusers, wife abusers, etc. They have found a place where nobody cares who they are. They can hide their criminal ways in the org. When a knock came at the door of an abusers, it wasn't so much they were interested in the truth but that someone knocked on their door & took an interest in them. Folks that have criminal behavior were that way before they came in the truth. The org. is very accepting as long as you are. As Flipper says, as long as you are doing the WT dog & pony show. The org. appeals to those who have an elite'ist gene. As I have said all over this forum, it's not the doctrine it's belonging to an org. that they think that God is in charge of, that is what floats their boat.

I love my congregation & try to stay away from the pettiness, & as 1 Thes. 4:11 says, Mind MY Business. Oh yeah, they'll try to drag a person into some mess if you allow it..they have tried. Telling me secrets to see if I would tell, nope, not me. It's just a little Peyton Place. Many of them think much of themselves, they like judge. When they start to talk about other religions, I just say, I don't judge them because I don't want them to judge me. We don't know who God will save, that is not our job. After the word judge...is a period...& what's ever so sobering is when the scriptures say....don't judge of God will judge you, but somehow they don't see that, only when they are reminded, which we get the same reminders all the time. When are we going to graduate....When we are young are parents remind us of, to put on our boots when it rains, carry an unbrella, now they will tell you until you old enough...When will witnesses be old enough.

At times I wonder why I am there, maybe I'm there to show them the fruitage of the spirit. I try to show by example, it's hopeless to try to tell them anything, they are the new chosen ones by God, the Jews have been kicked to the curb. Flipper, I hope one day, I'll get the nerve to leave. I love God/Jesus, but if I stay in the org....in a while..not so much....I keep reading this forum just to make sure I'm ok & that I know what I'm reading..thank you all for you comments...I will always try to say NO THANK YOU WHEN THEY PASS OUT THE KOOL-AIDE...

LEGACY

• flipper
    flipper

FINKELSTEIN- Indeed it is annoying to realize I've had my relationhip interupted by this money grubbing WT corporation that is bloodguilty beyond belief. Pisses me off big time. Seasons greetings and merry x-mas to you and your family as well my friend ! Have a great new year too.

CRMSICL- Hey thanks my dear friend, I appreciate it. My wife and I feel the same towards you and your hubby- love and respect you guys a lot !

DAZED BUT NOT CONFUSED- Exactly. Good points. I felt very much like your wife did like " how dare WT leaders try to claim JW's are better than every one else in the world ! " I never FELT that way myself as a Witness even though I was surrounded by people who did feel elitist or " special ". So therefore I never fit in, I bucked the tide with my independent thinking mind. I'm so thankful you and your wife escaped the JW cult my friend and that your children are out as well. If I could turn back time and the clock I would have exited when my children were young children - but it happened when it happened and I have to deal with the cards and circumstances I have in the here and now. That's very kind of you to look at me as a " father figure " - I'm very flattered . All I know is I'm proud to know younger men & women like yourself, your wife and even my 28 year old son who have bravely exited this dangerous cult and made a bolt for freedom of mind. You young people don't even realize what a favor you are doing yourself and your young children. Well- yeah you do realize it- but you'll realize it even more when you are in your early 50's like me and then look back and say " my gawd " I'm glad we got out when we did ! If you get my meaning. Take care, appreciate your kind words.

JAKE M 2012- Yep, indeed. A J-dub can clean a kingdom hall restroom and be considered " spiritually " a celebrity- yet molest a child, beat their wife in private and get appointed as an elder. Only can happen in the JW religion- right ? Amazing.

THOUGHTLESS- Thanks for the kind words. Don't know if I'm a " godsend " since I don't know if I believe in a higher power- all I know is I'm a voice in the wind trying to point people to freedom of mind and options. Take care.

LEGACY- Wow you state things really well and very insightful points you make. I'm sorry to hear that you got sucked into getting baptized into the JW cult . You make a really good point that JW's will accept anybody asthe WT Society tries to deceive them into thinking that due to the group dynamic or group mentality of " specialness " or ' elitism " that God is going to reward them for this- so they all just bury their heads in the sand in my opinion because they all have selfish motives for staying on as a JW - " life eternal in a Paradise earth " - even though it's not true, a lie or fantasy.

You hit the nail on the head about the gossipping and judmentalism in the Witnesses as well. My god, as a Witness when I was in I'd see people gossiping about everything in fellow Witnesses from the clothes they wore to smelly perfume, to " someone looked at me wrong " - I mean it was ridiculous. No wonder JW's get so paranoid- they are too busy judging each other and sit on pins and needles ! I' mglad you are here on the forum and I do hope you gain your freedom from that cult as soon as you can. It's not good for your mental health, seriously to continue being bombarded by those propaganda meetings of indoctrination when in fact you REALLY know the truth about the truth. I wish you the best in your efforts to free yourself. Hang in there, we are here for you as a support, O.K. ? Thanks for your great post ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit