10 Years out of the JW Organization- What I've Learned ( For what it's Worth)

by flipper 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Legacy
    Legacy

@Flipper,

Thanks for replying to my comment. I think I have the org. pretty much figured out. I will never say never, like Peter said, he would NEVER DENY JESUS..but he did...that's why Jesus asked him 3 times did he love him...so even though Peter denied him 3 times...he did kind of negate with the Love, Anyways, I hope & pray not to become cult minded. I have been through some bad marriages & relationships, not the kind that will put you in victim services but just bad choices..& somehow I have come out still happy & not too jaded, just more careful. So if Man, did not suck me into hating men because of my bad choices....I think God gave me something (JOY, & it's not up for grabs)& he is protecting me...God takes care of fools & children & I'm a little of both. I'm there because I like my congregation, on the surface they are just regular folks, guess if you get to know them, that's another story all together. The truth led me to the Truth...I read the bible as life lessons, nothing more. Love they neighbor & Love God/Jesus....simple message & mankind just can't seem to get that message...God/Jesus isn't asking for what man is asking for..Man would want you to recite the "Lords Prayer" backwards & standing on one foot...to them that would be acceptable to God....God, just wants us to love one another & stop trying to convince one another their way of worshipping is right...to me as long as you believe in something bigger than yourself, you are as balanced as you can be.

Anytime man puts his hands in anything....they mess it up...it's not the hall or the churches that keep folks out...it's the people...

Hope to dialogue with you some more...love your comments...& everybody elses's too....All very insightful...Keeps me balanced.

Legacy

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I came out at about the same age (44-ish, really 43 in my case). I wonder if that's a serious point of reflection for men in the United States.

When I read that statement I thought it a very interesting observation. That age is also often the "mid-life crisis" period.

Sadly it took me more than an additional 10 years to wake up.

But, lately I think I see those who are leaving as a result of learning TTATT to be younger and younger, which is great! as they have most of their life still ahead of them. The info is easily available now. Just a couple "clicks" of the mouse and a person if flooded with info that if anything, it can be overwhelming.

It's all about that first peek. That's why WTS is so adamant about "apostate" sites.

Doc

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

Hi Flipper, just want you to know that I so enjoyed your post, very true and heart warming.

I certainly know what you are talking about in the first point that you made, how witnesses think they are 'special' from everyone else. I can remember my mom once telling me how fortunate our family was that Jehovah picked us to be part of his organization. Definately that 'us vs. them' mentality.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Hi Flipper,

I haven't posted on here in years! Just thought I'd drop back in and see what was going on. I enjoyed your post. I've been out 13 years now and I'm so glad to be out from under the control of a cult. Yes, it is a CULT....the mind control part is very difficult to overcome when leaving. It literally takes a number of years to undo all the damage that has been done to our brains. I posted a video earlier that uses imagery showing the affect the organization has on our minds. There are a lot of ex JW's making good use of YouTube in the last few years. I just happened to come across a few as I was researching something entirely different and it actually made me think about this site....I didn't know if my password would still work! LOL! I had to look through a lot of info to find it. Which is a good thing, because I got on with my life! This site really helped me to work through all the issues with leaving the JW's and I'm so glad it's still around helping others on their journey out.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the replies folks. Very informative comments by you !

LEGACY- One thing to remember is that you can feel guilt-free by denying the WT organization - it doesn't mean you are denying Jesus. The two are not equal and the same- totally different. I'm not saying that you have to " hate men because of your bad choices " ( your words ) - all I'm saying is that you can dislike or disagree with the WT Society and Jehovah's Witnesses use of unethical control and fear mongering tactics to keep you trapped inside the Jehovah's Witness organization. Doesn't mean you have to hate anybody- just hate the unethical standards WT Society judges people by, that's all.

You state that the " truth led me to the Truth " . Well , perhaps researching information on the Internet will lead you to finding out the REAL truth about the " Truth " or JW teachings and WT Society scandals. I invite you to do more research sincerely. your statement, " Anytime man puts his hands in anything..... they mess it up " . Not necessarily, I disagree. God ( if a person believe in him ) gave us the freedom of choice and free moral will to DECIDE through use of an open mind and intelligence if they are being duped or not. It's up to us individually to do our due dilligence and homework and research the Internet to SEE if organizations like the WT Society and JW's are deceiving us or not. Nobody can do this for us- it's on us individually to do so.

DESIROUS of CHANGE- I agree with you indeed. It DOES seem like lots of younger people in their 20's and 30's are opening their eyes to the WT Society's deceptions and saying WTF ? I mean the longer time goes on with no Armageddon- you would think that some of these people have to see the WT Society for what it is - a deceptive mind control and high control organization.

INNERPEACE- Thanks, appreciate it. Indeed, my JW relatives always felt " blessed ", " fortunate " - or whatever that they were not of the " world." I felt really weird about NOT being in the world ! LOL ! The WORLD seemed more normal to me than the JW cult ! Glad I got out ! You folks too !

SWALKER- Thanks, I agree it DOES take years to totally extricate and eliminate the WT cult tendencies within ourselves. It's like purging our souls for christ sakes. Good for you in making a video to assist others ! Right on. Keep the great work up ! I feel it's a good thing for ex-JWs to use youtube to help others also. The more people get information out there there is more of a chance some Internet lurking JW will read SOMETHING exposing the WT Society. Very true. This site has helped me a lot as well these last 7 years or so and I am glad for it as well. Keep on keeping on my friend ! Nice to hear from you again ! Don't be a stranger, O.K. ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Great post flipper.

Following wt approved works is how they consider you a spiritual person.....So true!

If a JW were to organize or partake in community service or charities he would be viewed with suspicion and counseled. A C.O. publicly criticized a sister for adopting 3 orphan siblings. He said her time and money would be better served to pioneer instead of adopting these innocent children. The WT could care less about improving the community, partaking in charities, community work, building hospitals, orphanages, soup kitchens, homeless shelters or any other work that does not recruit members to follow the GB.

The result is that they produce cold, heartless, mechanical robots programmed to recruit more cult members to their loving corporation.

• kaik
    kaik

For me it will be almost 20 years when I had drifted away. It was rather slow process to learn that I was being deceived by false religion that had not cared about well-being of its members. I am trying to remember the good part, the a few nice people that my day joyful. I am extremely upset that JW organization had torn apart my family. I cannot ever reverse the damage as some of these people who had cared but were not JW had passed away and I could tell them how correct they were. For the first time in 20 years I finally accepted past summer that JW organization had deceived and lied.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi Flipper,

You are correct. I do my research not only from the WT literature, but on the internet & wherever else I can find info. I believe the bible...that is the bottom line. What I meant by the truth led me to the truth is that, by us reading it every week, I saw holes in their doctrines. What led me to that is Examining the Scriptures daily....I would read the text then read the scriptures that were mentioned & many times the light would go off in my head & I would say, Hey, that's not what the bible is saying....then I started to realize that the WT taught the opposite of what most places of worship taught, not so much that they what they taught was the truth but that they don't want to be affiliated with other religions...by the way most witnesses are so behind the times of what most churches teach now....it's not even funny. Most churches are all about motivational speaking...meeting their congregation where they are at...making them feel worthy to come to God/Jesus...Like most folks they feel God is angry with them & that whatever they have done God/Jesus would never accept them. I always keep in mind the criminal that was crucified/hung on cross/stake & he was forgiven at the last minute...why? Because of his heart..God/Jesus are forgiving to anyone, whether you are an anointed class or earthly....ummmm, not sure if that is really true...but I just accept it in front of them & then say...NOPE...not so. All I know is that we are all going to carry our own loads when the time comes....

Thanks so much for replying to me. I will keep on this site...it keeps me level...& guess what? Some of the stuff on here & I give as comments...I also look at TV pastors & get some insight there as well & yep, give comments from there as well..They don't even know & at the end of the meeting, some will come to me & say, you know I never thought of it that way...in my head I say...You don't think at all...

Once I gave a comment about the cloud in the day & fire by night scripture...I said, God thinks of everything...not only did the cloud & fire was used to lead them but another spin or addition, if they Israelites where in the desert, the cloud protected them from the sun in the day & the fire protected them from the desert cold at night & kept them warm...it's just another way to look at it...but when I gave that comment, many of the friends said wow, you know Jehovah does think of everything...guess what Flipper, got that from a TV motivational speaker...

I have found just dropping little gems on them a little at a time...again I have infused so many things from other religions they don't even know it..as long as it makes God/Jesus look good.

Being a witness is easy...why ? for those who don't want to think, viola the org. does all the thinking for them....they are told what to say, think & do. This weeks WT is about preparing prayer...now they want to suggest how you should pray, gimme a break....but for some, that's good, they don't have to tax themselves....but most folks are thinkers....the lazy ones are never on sites like these...or if they are, they repeat exactly what they hear...

By the way, I know about the scandals of the WT, I know some up close & personal scandals....how a brother was appointed an Elder even though he was a heavy drinker, how a brother touched someone & got away with it & I could go on...but you know at my job the same scandals go on...in all the churches there are scandals, that's what I mean when man gets involved...we mean well, but sometimes the power goes to our heads & think what we do God doesn't see...

Legacy

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the replies, been working last few days. I had a reply all written up to Conley, Kaik, and Legacy and one of my huge cats sat on the computer keyboard and erased it. Lucky me. I get to write it over. LOL .

WILLIAMHCONLEY- It's so true William that the WT Society couldn't care less about giving to charities or doing ANY of the kind volunteer activities you mentioned in your post. WT leaders are more concerned about indoctrination and getting JW converts and receiving financial donations to keep the wheels rolling on the WT Society corporation. It's so sad that the " sister " you mentioned was put down for adopting 3 orphans. Obviously the C.O. ignored the Bible counsel to " look after widows and orphans in their tribulation. " The fact of the matter is that most JW's look at the WT Society AS the Bible rather than the Bible itself. So true.

KAIK- I'm glad that you finally got your freedom away from the JW organization. I'm so sorry that you suffered the loss of your family as casualties though in exiting. Many of us have experienced the same thing, please know we are here for you, O.K. ?

LEGACY- I see the point you make in seeking out the " truth " in that the WT Society pushes teachings of man over the teachings of the Bible. I noticed that quite often in my 44 years in the JW cult. I'm happy for you that you've found comfort in what you consider to be " truth " from the Bible and I respect your choice to do so. Personally , however - I feel the Bible WAS written by just men in order to put forth a supreme power or authority figure in " God " for humans to look to for guidance - however religions have found the Bible useful to inculcate fear and guilt into members in order to keep them under religious control. I'm not saying ALL religions do this- however a good number do. If you are in a religion that does not then I'm glad you are happy - however I have observed many religious people being happier just having a one on one relationship with a " God " instead of joining an actual religion. Too much pressure for " group conformity. " At the expense of being reasonable.

As regards the scandals of the JW rganization- the one reason child molesters do NOT get brought to light and prosecuted enough by the laws of the land is because the WT Society treats child abuse as a " sin " instead of a crime - so they make pathetic excuses of child molesters being considered " imperfect " instead of " evil " which if the actions WERE treated as crimes these child molesters would be put away for 30 to 50 years or life so they would not harm more children. So I hold religious leaders like WT leaders and other religious leaders responsible for not cooperating with law enforcement authorities by trying to handle these crimes " in-house " so as to avoid bad publicity. I thnk it's disgusting. Which in turn exposes the actual lACK of marals in many religions- including Jehovah's Witnesses

• flipper
    flipper

Thought I'd bump this up for the weekend crowd or any lurking JW's or newbies . Any replies welcome. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit