Is it just me or has this site become a Believer/Atheist warzone?

by BU2B 288 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

No Band. The truth is, and this from my Lord... it is those who lie and bear false witness against others... who ruin their reputations and/or good name. Not to my Lord because He knows the truth, but to other people. Just as He knows the truth about those whose reputations have been ruined in the wts by those who spread rumors and gossip (in back rooms or even out on the open).

My sister in Christ has never lied nor borne false witness against me. So she cannot have "ruined my reputation". She did, in fact, leave this forum on her own once, in the hopes that people would stop attacking me, because I shared the same faith in the same Lord as she does.

That some do not like me... or my faith... is a matter all its own.

Peace to you,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

and this from my Lord...

This is idiocy. Stop it!

If you have a point to make just make it. Stop insulting us by behaving like a cheap, wannabe spirit medium.

You don't have a message from the almighty, we are not fools.

Your secret forum is, harmful and manipulative. You are on JWN for the sole purpose of recruiting for your guru.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Posting Guidelines

To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language.

I'd contend that you're in violation of this first guideline Tec/Tammy.

Your posts insult our reason and intelligence, you threaten the mental stability of newly exiting cult members and your language provokes rage in many including myself.

I wish you'd go away.

• tec
    tec

If the owners of the forum determine that one cannot hear anything from Christ, in spirit, and ever share it as such... then that is their choice, and it will be done, and I may be banned. Until then (if that ever happens), I do not post to insult or provoke and certainly never to threaten. That some are provoked or insulted... I cannot help that. Many believers are provoked or insulted by things that atheists and/or anti-theists state also. But I am not calling for YOU to go away, even though there are some who do. This board has, from its very inception, always had at least some who speak as they hear from the Spirit. To ban someone for that now, would be making a NEW rule; not enforcing an old one.

Peace,

tammy

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I do not post to insult or provoke and certainly never to threaten.

Yes, well you're managing it anyway lady. And let's be clear, I'm not calling for you to be banned - I believe in freedom of speech. You however are close to abusing the freedom you have here. This site exists primarily to help Jehovah's Witnesses recover from a damaging cult, a nasty little, high-control group. YOU are the very antithesis of this sites purpose.

I despise what you are doing here. No, I don't call for you to be banned but I'm imploring you to make one good decision and voluntarily leave.

Please.

• cofty
    cofty

Tammy - Can you not see you make conversation impossible?

In a normal exchange I can express my opinions and present reasons and evidence to support it. Another person can disagree and express why they think my reasoning is wrong or the evidence is not compelling. It is what a discussion forum is for.

The you come along and assert - "the almighty god of the universe just personally told me the following...."

That is the absolute end of all sensible conversation. It is like a child who has no rational thing to say but is going to scream until everybody gives in.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Many modern forums have 'ignore' buttons. Any chance of that Simon?

• tec
    tec

No, Cofty, I cannot see that. Because I don't just come along and arbitrarily state something... and expect you to believe it... and if you think I'm off my rocker (or lying), then why would you even try to reason with me on it? Why not just argue the content on its own merit? Because anything i share also comes with the reason, the evidence or an example... to back up the statement of truth, to HELP you be able TO see the truth in the statement. But some cannot get far enough into any post to see that... because they instead "stumble over the stumbling stone".

Peace,

tammy

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I don't just come along and arbitrarily state something

That's EXACTLY what you do with all your ridiculous claims of divine whisperings in your ear. You are a liar and a fraud.

• tec
    tec

Well, Nic.. the above words that you apparently took exception to came with an example... but I'm guessing you did not 'see' past my statement that this is from my Lord. But the example was about how people ruin other people's reputations with lies and backroom gossip. If that is untrue, then speak to that.

Do you even know what my faith in my Lord teaches me? Or do you just get 'stuck' (stumble) on the my Lord part?

(yes, we can ruin our own reputation by behaving in a way that is against our reputation or good name... but the statement was about someone ELSE ruining MY reputation)

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit