I'm Returing To Become A Jehovah's Witness Again

by Space Madness 85 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Best of Wishes to you Space Madness. You may be discouraged going back to your old KH, because JWs may view you as "Spiritually Weak" (still thinking) because you faded about 6 years ago. I do understand how JW love-bombing may appear loving, but then ask yourself how many times have your JW friends called you to see how you were doing in the last 6 years just to talk with you about things that you enjoy doing together.

By the way what do you believe in or like doing? I would recommend that you get involved in local community activities, instead of returning to the KH. I would rather make unconditional non-JW friends instead of conditional JW friends.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Space Madness
    Space Madness

Right now I need some type of structure in my life. I need that feeling of hope, love, and the sense of belonging. I need to be around people who pratice a clean lifestyle. I was never able to find my place in the world after leaving the JWs. The truth is I fit in better with JWs than "worldy" people. I left intially because of doctrinal issues. Since I no longer believe in the Bible, those issues no longer matter.

• Laika
    Laika

I hope you find what you're looking for. Please come back here and talk it out if you still feel unfulfilled.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Contrary to popular belief in the Kingdom Hall

there are worldy folks who live a clean life style, yes we make mistakes

and wrong choices at times. That's because like Jehovah's witnesses

we are not infallible

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Almost any other church has better food and better music.

• Gayle
    Gayle

You have a positive social need. Isn't there some interest of yours, some sport, educational, arts, groups you could meet with? Isn't there a class of interest you could pursue? Isn't there 'some' interest for you, aside from nothingness. JWs can only have 'nothingness' aside from WTism, but many long to pursue something they love, but are waiting for the 'new world' which never comes.

Outside the WT you now have 'freedom.' What will you 'do' with your personal freedom? It is very sad when a former slave, wishes to go back to slavedom.

• blondie
    blondie

It always astounds me when people think it is important to be a jw...no mention of Christ or being a Christian although Jesus said at Acts 1:8 that his followers would be witnesses of him (Jesus). No mention of witnesses of Jehovah only witnesses of Jesus in the Christian Greek Scriptures (NT).

There are many places to find friends, school, work, neighbors, non-jw relatives, support groups, volunteering, even some churches have a good social program. At the KH people will only be your friend if they judge you "good" association and will only want to preach to you (if they can count the time) or tell you to pray more, attend all the meetings, and go door to door more.

I would recommend finding new friends that will support you (support groups). Try www.meetup.com too.

Love, Blondie

• cofty
    cofty

I need to be around people who pratice a clean lifestyle

Anybody who can say that phrase never really left.

Why not go to a liberal church? They won't care what you believe and you won't have to pretend to worship the GB.

• blondie
    blondie

In my jw background there were jws who beat their wives and children, pedophiles who sexually assaulted children and elders who hid their sin, jws that sold drugs in the restrooms, jws that came drunk and on drugs to the meetings. jws that defrauded their fellow believers, others who drew on gun on their jw family and friends, adulterers and fornicators and were not cast out of the congregation and were not repentant.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Space Madness My time as a JW was the only time in my life when I had friends and was genuinely happy.

At the end of the day that's what matters. May I suggest the Mormons are a better outfit. You will need a smarter suit and have to do without coffee and alcohol. It also costs 10% of your income to be involved. But class costs money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit