At one time Atheist and Believers came together on this board

and together proved the WTS to be false in what it taught

Now it's a fight against each other becuase no one can prove either way

there is a God or not. Faith is only for the stupid. It won't be tolerated

Regaurdless of your belief. many don't want to be in a hostle environment

I'm not surprised at your return

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Yay! Blame it all on the atheists.... Yay!

• KateWild
    KateWild

At one time Atheist and Believers came together on this board-wasblind

I love all the atheists and believers on the board. Space Madness, I have my own idea's why you are returning for companionship. But please tell us, we want to hear your views, guessing is futile. this is your life take control.

We love you Kate xx

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Space, this is madness! But, I do understand where you're coming from. It is hard on the outside. It's much easier to pretend or feign belief and associate with people who mostly are genuine in their belief, but are under mind control.

So many are in the dark as to the truth about the Watch Tower Society. We have been told lie upon lie. What does the world have to offer you in comparison? Freedom of choice? Why would anyone choose freedom to be their full potential? Or the ability to think for oneself. It's much easier to let others make decisions for us, this way we can continue to remain childlike and under control.

You can lead a perfectly good and moral life without the WTS. And have friends who will love you unconditionally. Unfortunately, you will not find unconditional love at your neighborhood Kingdom Hall.

During your fade did you make any friends? Did your new found freedom cause you to act out or get involved with the wrong crowd?

What interests do you have? What dreams did you dream for yourself? Are you working? Are you trying to pursue any of your dreams?

Are you afraid of being alone?

Whatever you choose, listen to me, please, for another moment.

I have spent over a year fading in order to help friends awaken. What I know is no matter how hard I try and as much as I want them to awaken, until they are ready they will remain sound asleep.

I am finished with it now. I am here for them when they need me, but this morning I was thinking, I can't really afford to spend the precious time I have left in this way. I must, at the half century mark, start living the rest of MY life.

I had already given 20 years to the jw cult. 20 years of allowing the WTS make decisions for me. I will never get that time back. Time is all we have and then when our time is up it's game over. I no longer have good health. Like you, I haven't any jw family. I haven't any family. No children. No spouse. No education.

Many things that might have been were not because I allowed the WTS ( the men of the governing body) and the C.O. to dictate how I should live.

Spacey, why waste more time living a lie? We are here. You have friends here. And if you choose, you can make friends on the outside where you live, work or go to school. Or if you have a hobby or other activity you like to participate in.

Replace what you feel you lost with something that you love to do or delight in.

Please reconsider and think about your choices carefully before opening up the JW can of works again.

Whatever you ultimately decide, I wish you good health and a life filled with happiness!

~~Rippy~~

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yay! Blame it on the atheist_____Witness my fury

" Now it's a fight against each other because no one can prove either way there's a God or not " ____wasblind

" Faith is only for the stupid. It won't be tolerated "

Can be asked as a question by a believer, or made as a statement by an atheist

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Space Madness...I can understand the need to get your life "back on track", but do you really believe that just going back to the JW's will accomplish what you want? I suspect that the hypocritical life you will have to lead (not believing the Bible, doubts about JW teachings, etc.) will cause you some serious internal conflicts. It is quite likely that you will be "found out" as a non-believer over time...it is hard to keep our doubts buried forever, and JW's are notorious for "outing" their brothers. As mentioned earlier, if you need that spiritual connection to keep you on the straight and narrow, check out a non-denominational church...you won't be ostracized for having doubts or just being an attender.

In any case, good luck with your search for peace, and your decision on how to find it.

TYA

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If you really must join something to get your life back on track, and to find friends that will help you keep on track, then joining again a high-control, mind controlling cult is probably abit of a silly move.

There are all sorts of organizations out there where you can find friends, if you really have no moral compass of your own then perhaps a church may be a reasonable idea, but join a happy clappy one and have some fun, for Christs sake.

• designs
    designs

Its a journey.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's your life of course, but I think you could do better than the JWs, if your goal is simply to help you improve and have friends. With the dubs I always felt like a square peg in a round hole. Yes, they taught me to have good morals in a way, but that was it, I never really grew or matured as a whole, fully functional human being because that round whole was very confining, it took some good bits from me too. I could only ever be a one dimensional person, my true talents and abilities were stunted because they did not fit into the Witness persona. I simply did as I was told, that is not really being a good person, it's just being a person who does what they are told. I would have let my child die for lack of a blood transfusion, because some men told me to, what is good or moral about that?

Since I left I am still a good, moral person, but I am also so much more. I have developed into a much better and happier person as well. I no longer have to pretend to be something I am not, and I am happy and fulfilled in my life. You don't need a religion to be a better person, just motivation. There are many churches out there than can do that without all the JW guilt trips and ridiculous expectations and demands on your time. I like the United Church of Christ, they have no doctrine, it's more about personal development and charitable activities, but there are many other good churches.

Or you can just simply do as Jesus instructed, to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I love the life coach idea.

Life is rarely all negative or all positive. For balance, consider making two pro-con lists. One for your life now and one for when you were a witness. You might find it harder to fake it than you remember.

Based on what you believe now, you might be more comfortable joining a club or the Unitarian Universalists. Community and belonging without pretending to be what you aren't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit