jw and jw defenders, have you been born again?

by unstopableravens 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Tammy v Unstop v ablebodied v ....

"Religion is like a blind man looking in a dark room for a black cat that isn't there, and finding it." - Oscar Wilde

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: its not anybody vs anybody. the only thing that matters is what is truth. is someone wants to believe that water baptism causes the new birth thats up to them. i dont. you of all ppl should understand the postions and what is really in the bible. however your aggenda is different. no differnt then atheist who do not all agree on a certain topic.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Man, I've been working like a slave all day and this thread took off. Should I even bother lol? I left off at page 2 I think. I started to log in and post during a conference call that was a complete waste of my time. This thread wasn't hijacked, was it? Guess I'll have to read through all these pages.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There is so much to pick apart from this:

(I also did not always hear the Spirit, mainly becasue I did not know that Christ was truly alive and speaking. I never got angry when I read that someone else heard Him, or when I saw from the various witnesses in the scriptures that indeed CHRIST does speak. That news instead brought me JOY... Christ IS alive and does speak... and I NEVER thought that not having heard the Spirit (yet) meant that God did not love me. Instead I ALSO asked for ears to hear. Then I simply put faith that my prayer would be answered, knowing that God would answer my prayer as HE knew best, and did my best to listen. Took some time for me to learn to hear Him and put faith in what He speaks. But in the meantime, I simply continued on loving Christ and doing my best to follow His teachings. Not for personal gain... but because I truly loved them. Even if I never heard Him until the very end of my life, I would simply have continued to follow Him. Because as He promises: If anyone loves me, he will obey my teachings. My father will love him, and we will come and make our home with him.)

But really, I can't reveal it for what it is better than it does all by itself, although Cofty's post #9282 comes close.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

stand: when ever your ready we can finish our talk

• garyneal
  • tec
    tec

"God is a consuming fire'. (Hebrews 12:29/Deuteronomy 4:24)

Yes, the chaff is burned up... but the wheat which is also in the 'fire' is not burned up. The wheat is made clean, covered by Christ, wearing the new robe (spirit body) made clean in the blood of the lamb... and that fire (that power, energy that is God) does not harm them. They have been made clean (prepared) with the holy spirit that comes from God through Christ.

We even have an example to help us get a sense of this from Daniel's three friends, who were in the fire, but not burned up in the fire (the wheat)... while those who came too close were burned up (the weeds)

There is also this:

Isaiah 33:13-16

You who are far away, hear what I have done;

you who are near, acknowledge my power!

The sinners in Zion are terrified; trembling grips the godless:

"Who of us can dwell with the consuming fire? Who of us can dwell with everlasting burning?"

He who walks righteously and speaks what is right,

who rejects gain from extortion and keeps his hand from acccepting bribes,

who stops his ears against plots of murder and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil-

this is the man who will dwell on the heights, whose refuge will be the mountain fortress.

His bread will be supplied, and water will not fail him.

(bread being Christ... water being holy spirit/life)

Remember too that the holy spirit was likened to fire at pentecost.

"They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the holy spiirt and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them". Acts 2:3,4

Peace to you,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit