jw and jw defenders, have you been born again?

by unstopableravens 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I am convinced that christians constantly talk in jargon, and then when asked to explain, they use more jargon to elaborate on the jargon you didn't understand previously.

If you really understand something you can explain it to your granny.

The Greek doesn't even say "born again" at John 3 it says "born from above". Born again is not found in the bible.

How can christians recommend their faith to others until they first understand it?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

being born again means whatever the person saying it wants it to mean.

none of it is ever proven, its a feeling one gets it seems

• garyneal
    garyneal

The Greek doesn't even say "born again" at John 3 it says "born from above". Born again is not found in the bible.

Interesting, Cofty, I did not know that. Now I am going to find myself wondering what that means.

If you really understand something you can explain it to your granny.

On this point I would have to agree but I also feel like even if you know something really well and feel you can explain it really well, the 'granny' you speak of may still not understand. I know this is true when I try to explain certain things about electricity or computers to certain people.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: to be born again is god giving a person a new heart. ez 36:25-27 and changing a person, a persons desires are no longer in contrast to god and his standard. when a person is born physically they are alse dead spiritually. god makes a person alive so they can responded to god and believe in the gospel.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

so they only believe in the gospel. What is wrong with the rest of the bible?

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Unstop: i notice that jw supporters like to come on here and discuss small things that make them feel better than ex jw, like holidays and such. why not look at what is more important(phil1:1o) the bible is clear you must enter the kingdom to have salvation (luke 18:18-26) and you must be born again to enter that kingdom(john 3:1-16) there is no salvation outside gods kingdom. jw how do you except to have salvation another way than what jesus said?

Explain to me, how is it that Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs on salvation differ from your beliefs? I'm assuming you're referring to the differences between the Great Crowd(Rev.7:9) and the Little Flock(Luke 12:32), but I could be wrong.

edit post : confused, you're probably right. I apologize for my insult and maybe I shouldn't participate on this thread, heck this forum.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

sfpw you are violating a direct decree from the faithful slave not to be at this site... Let alone antagonizing people. I hope jehovahs spirit makes sure you are found out and judicially dealt with so his spirit can flow freely in your congregation... Don't you care about your spiritual families well being

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

stand for pure: nope what i mean is this how does a person have salvation,forget heaven and earth for a moment. living forever the rich man at luke 18 asked about everlasting life. and jesus showed it is only possible by entering gods kingdom. and a person must be born again to enter the kingdom. look at matthew 7:21-23 are not the ones who do jehovahs will also the same who enter the kingdom. jesus said you must be born again to enter the kingdom.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

stand dont take the easy way out: forget the atheist for a moment. what is the bible telling you about the kingdom and being born again?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

raven you are asking sfpw to ignore the fact that I am stating one of his core beliefs? Shame on you for trying to make him ignore his beliefs and the directives of the fds... You are doing the same thing to him that they did to you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit