jw and jw defenders, have you been born again?

by unstopableravens 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" the harmony of the bible gives us more reason to trust it and its message. "

Paul alone contradicts Jesus soo much it is insane... of course followers of "Paulinity"have had nearly 2 milleniums to try to fabricate why obvious contradictions are not contradictions but that is what people desperate to follow somethign will do. I am sure the folks at Jonestown thought that what they were doing was legit too.

It never arises in the mind of GOD to burn children... yet he reigns down fire opn people on repeated occasions...

God hates abortions yet he orders them

God loves all equally yet the Jews have a special place.

God wants all to live, but he has a mandate to bust your kids heads open with rocks when they disrespect their imperfect parents.

If he would have done that to satan and his homies then we would be all good right now wouldn't we

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" confused: harsh words there buddy"apostate" i do have feelings"

Suse... you are an appostate just like 93% of the people here.

look up the definition of an apostate and you are one... it seems that those JW chains are still intact.

If someone was a CATHOLIC and became a JW you would be an apostate of the Catholic Church.

Just open the dictionary and look at the word. I am not being a smartass here but just look at the definition of the word

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

confused: take some nyquil and relax i was joking

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Raven, I'll have to get back to you tomorrow as a favorite show of mine is coming on. Please bump this thread in case I forget. I may come back on at 11 or so depending on how sleepy I get. Thanks for the heads up on our atheist friend. No wonder he's confused.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Stand for Pure Worship I may be confused but I am not:

1. Concealing secrets sins

2. Hindering Jehovahs spirit from helping the widows orphans and poor in my congregation

3. Speaking with apostates

4. Posting on an apostate message board

Then again if you really stood Stand for Pure Worship we would not even see you allowing yourself to be persuaded by the Satanic thoughts of unstoppableravens... I mean adfter all Stand for Pure Worship based on your actions you are feasting from the table of demons... that is scary. I hope you are abvle to pray this evening for protection from the wicked spirit forces out there. Then again since you are participating in these types of discussions you do not have the right to ask Jehovah for protection... wow scary huh

" confused: take some nyquil and relax i was joking"

Are you encouraging me to abuse narcotics... not very CHristianlike

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

sfpw- i hope you enjoy that demonically laced entertainment.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Here are three scriptures which might help people understand what born again really means:

(I will highlight in Red the significant phrases)

1/

Isaiah 66:5-8

Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame."There is a sound of uproar out of the city, a sound out of the temple! It is the sound of Jehovah repaying what is deserved to his enemies.Before she began to come into labor pains she gave birth. Before birth pangs could come to her, she even gave deliverance to a male child. 8  Who has heard of a thing like this? Who has seen things like these? Will a land be brought forth with labor pains in one day? Or will a nation be born at one time? For Zion has come into labor pains as well as given birthto her sons.

2/

Romans 9:24-26

It is as he says also in Ho·se´a: "Those not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved ‘beloved’; 26  and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

3/

John 16:1-21

"I have spoken these things to YOU that YOU may not be stumbled. 2  Men will expel YOU from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone that kills YOU will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God. 3  But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the Father or me. 4  Nevertheless, I have spoken these things to YOU that, when the hour for them arrives, YOU may remember I told them to YOU."These things, however, I did not tell YOU at first, because I was with YOU. 5  But now I am going to him that sent me, and yet not one of YOU asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ 6  But because I have spoken these things to YOU grief has filled YOUR hearts. 7  Nevertheless, I am telling YOU the truth, It is for YOUR benefit I am going away. For if I do not go away, the helper will by no means come to YOU; but if I do go my way, I will send him to YOU. 8  And when that one arrives he will give the world convincing evidence concerning sin and concerning righteousness and concerning judgment: 9  in the first place, concerning sin, because they are not exercising faith in me; 10  then concerning righteousness, because I am going to the Father and YOU will behold me no longer; 11  then concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."I have many things yet to say to YOU, but YOU are not able to bear them at present. 13  However, when that one arrives, the spirit of the truth, he will guide YOU into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own impulse, but what things he hears he will speak, and he will declare to YOU the things coming. 14  That one will glorify me, because he will receive from what is mine and will declare it to YOU. 15  All the things that the Father has are mine. That is why I said he receives from what is mine and declares [it] to YOU. 16  In a little while YOU will behold me no longer, and, again, in a little while YOU will see me."Therefore some of his disciples said to one another: "What does this mean that he says to us, ‘In a little while YOU will not behold me, and, again, in a little while YOU will see me,’ and, ‘because I am going to the Father’?" 18  Hence they were saying: "What does this mean that he says, ‘a little while’? We do not know what he is talking about." 19  Jesus knew they were wanting to question him, so he said to them: "Are YOU inquiring among yourselves over this, because I said, In a little while YOU will not behold me, and, again, in a little while YOU will see me? 20  Most truly I say to YOU, YOU will weep and wail, but the world will rejoice; YOU will be grieved, but YOUR grief will be turned into joy. 21  A woman, when she is giving birth, has grief, because her hour has arrived; but when she has brought forth the young child, she remembers the tribulation no more because of the joy that a man has been born into the world.

I would expect to find those who have been "born again" inside the ................................... Ex-Jehovah's Witness Community!

abe

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I was born once... not that I remember the experience, really.

Later in life, I was touched by the Grace of Reason and Logic, and realized that the bible was a collection of silly hogwash after all.

However I have met some aliens from Planet Loonybin, where they claimed to be "born again" in Christ.
    You can recognize them because they have glazed WIDE eyes (like they are on LSD) — shaking with fervor while praising their 'lord' frantically…
    Usually, when you offer them logic, they turn hyper-condescending, and shed a few tears, as they believe you will die a damned soul.
    Crazy stuff, eh? I know…

They are a rather entertaining bunch...
    Poo-poo-pi-doo! ♪♫♬♪

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i'm a natural born skeptic. sorry, but those born agains sound worse than the JWs. if i would have to make a pick between them, i'd go JW all the way.

• Laika
    Laika

To be born again or born from above describes an event where Christians believe they are given the gift of a relationship with God and everlasting life as a consequence of said relationship.

It generally happens at baptism (born of water and spirit)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit