Emergency relief fund for the Philippines. How will it work.

by joe134cd 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

The home of one Witness family sustained roof damage, and fellow congregation members assisted with repairs.

SoPW - many thanks for providing evidence of local roof repairs.

You think that you can solve the problems in the Philippines by patching "a" roof and offering some "spiritiual comfort" to a few neighbours - seriously? ####@@@ seriously? This is evidence to you? Actually think about the scale of disaster relief required for the Philippines - turn on the TV and see the destruction - then pray to your God for forgiveness of your offensive ignorance.

Some great links above for donations.

mmxiv

• wasblind
    wasblind

Look I never intended this thread to be about who helped who. ____Joe134cd

That's exactly what this thread is about.

you wanted to know if the WT ( who ) would be relauctant to help the needy ( The other who )

The good thing is you got more info than you bargained for

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Gawd love us! Some here have beaten me to the post by citing JW.ORG, the "hot news" of a roof being blown off and " none of the members of the local congregation in Oshima were killed or injured". Similar news from India.

What smug, uncaring, inhuman people. !0,000 plus die in the Philipines, millions are homeless. Even Jdubs thirsting for news are told nothing.

What are we told about? A roof repair - hey diddly dee, what an achievement.

Dub first responders will step over women and children, the old and dispossesed to help their spiritual family. What love? I am ashamed to breath the same air as them.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The WBTS encourages Witnesses to be like vultures turning up at disaster sites trying to push the propaganda to those who are vunerable rather that providing the humanitarian aid that is actually required______Frazzled UBM

If Someone Says_____

' Why don't you people get involved in doing things to help make the world ( The community )

a better place to live'

You Might reply :

" We have observed that there is something that can transform a persons entire life, and that is knowledge of what the Bible shows to be the real purpose of life and what the future holds."___Reasoning from the Scriptures book pages 207-208

LOL, feed 'em a Bible Teach Book. Yum Yum. Sit back and day dream about Paradise

There's a time and place for everything.

And I don't think a lovin' God would mind a prayer over a study in times like these

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Stand for Pure Worship (quoting the JW Office of Public Information):

The local Witnesses also reached out to their neighbors, offering them aid and spiritual comfort.

Well if they said it, it must be true.

Even though there's no indication of just what was done to help. And it would be nice to see some third-party corroboration of just what aid they provided.

I suppose one is to presume that 'spiritual comfort' = JW preaching (and counting time). I wonder if JWs give freebies (i.e. not counting time) to disaster victims.

The home of one Witness family sustained roof damage, and fellow congregation members assisted with repairs.

So some JWs helped someone - ostensibly, a 'friend' - to fix that one family's roof? That isn't peculiar to JWs. Friends help each other. It's not really even slightly remarkable. Now, it might be charitable if they then helped other people with their repairs as well.

Reminds me of Matthew 5:46-47.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I'm interested to see what is going to happen. There has been very little done by the goverment to commence reconstruction of the city five days later, with a mass exodus of people.

A Filipino girl at work mentioned about the Inglesi de Cristo church coming under fire for providing shelter to its own members and not to others. That will be very much how Jehovah's Witnesses will operate, with possibly a marginal amount of assistance to "worldly people." As with Inglesi de Cristo, who are a cult very much fashioned after the Watchtower, I highly doubt many non-JWs were allowed to take shelter in Kingdom Halls during the storm.

Like always, the Watchtower will spin some story about their amazing relief efforts being a sign of God's blessing, conveniently avoiding mention of how Jehovah's blessing overlooked those JWs that tragically lost their lives.

And to SFPW, your comments are shameful. The last thing needed are cult members trying to convert the emotionally and financially vunerable by carrying Watchtower propoganda. I am disgusted when I go to funerals and see JWs handing out tracts to the grieving, with total disregard for the persons personal religious views (which are generally far more comforting that the JW message of, "your loved one is gone and rotting in a grave, to be photocopied by God who knows when") and your comments fall in the same level of disrespect.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

If SFPW is Miz,he is certainly not being serious.

Bangalore

• dozy
    dozy

Our congregation used to help once a year in the annual "litter pick" of our town but our CO got to hear of it and told us that the Society's policy was that congregations shouldn't do that sort of thing and we should "focus on the ministry instead". That was a shame as it really was a good witness , but I guess it illustrates the WTBTS emphasis.

Slightly OT but it's surprising the similarities between the Iglesia church & the WTBTS. No blood , all other religions are apostate , shunning , members expected to distribute literature etc etc . Maybe there is a similar Bible Student source back in the early part of the 20th century. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iglesia_ni_Cristo

• wasblind
    wasblind

And to SFPW your comments are shameful. The last thing needed are cult members trying to convert the emotionally and financially vunerable by carrying watch tower propoganda. I am disgusted when I go to funerals and see JWs handing out tracts to the grieveing , with total disregard for the persons personal religious views____JWFACTS

Exactly JWFACTS,

Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to be vultures that prey on the weak

" Why do the Witnesses call repeatedly even at the homes of people who do not share thier faith ? "

"People themselves change; serious problems in life may stimulate an awareness of spritual need "_____Reasoning from the Scriptures book page 206

The folks in the Phillipians are hurt by the Typhoon. Not because they had a spirtual need.

Jehovah's Witnesses need to realized that even the faithful go through things.

does it mean those faithful lacked a spritual need ? NO...

• wasblind
    wasblind

And don't tell me they suffer because they were in the wrong religion

Becuase a couple of months ago some Jehovah's Witnesses were killed in a bus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit