Emergency relief fund for the Philippines. How will it work.

by joe134cd 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think we kind of missed the point of what I was trying to find out. With out question it is terrible what happened there, and commendably there are many organizations on the ground trying to help people out. My heart really goes out to those people. What I am trying to find out is in a poorer economic climate (and no doubt it would be the poorest most vulnerable who would be most effected) when there would be no pot of gold at the end of it (insurance cheque) weather the society is so willing to and the extent of offering aid. I was using by way of comparison and example of Haiti vs Florida/Japan. By comparing these two examples we can estimate how those in the Philippines will do. Dose anyone actually know.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Ok it is sad that the society is more prone to helping there own, but on the flop side of that argument at least they are helping someone.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

We are usually amongst the first to arrive and provide support not only for our brothers and sisters affected by any tragedy, but for anyone in need of assistance. I always find it encouraging to see pictures of ones affected by this tragedy carrying Bible Teach books. That lets me know we're doing our job.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

SPW - You really need to stop,

always find it encouraging to see pictures of ones affected by this tragedy carrying Bible Teach books.

Such a pious statement for a JW to make, but look at the site you frequently visit and post on, give me an f**ing break, I don't think anyone's buying your oh so theocratic bullshXt you're trying to sell here.

So, are you gonna send me another PM to ask me to stop bothering you, instead of answer the question that everyone wants to know, which is why are you here.

• emeth
    emeth

if a disaster strikes me i would first see if my direct familymembers are ok or need help before i would help any other people. thats a normal and natural reaction. The same do Jehovah's Witnesses when they start to help their spiritual familymembers first. nothing wrong with that

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

emeth - You need to cut the crap too, wonder why you're on this site also

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL, A bible teach book beat shelter, clothes and a hot meal any day

And that's not all folks

The spiritual food menu changes so as to give the sheep

a fresh plate of " Nu Shite in a Nu lite"

• wasblind
    wasblind

Can it emeth

Jehovah's witneses help only those family members who remain brain washed

the disfellowshipped ones are on thier own

After they help their own ( Those who remain brain washed )

then they give token help to those they hope to recruit

Don't get us started on the insurance scam the WTS got kickin' in these times

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yea..........Um Hmn

When your belly growl from hunger. Don't pay no mind to it

that jus' the Lion waitin' to devour the spiritual ones

pick up a Bible teach book . It'll quiet it down

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

We are usually amongst the first to arrive and provide support not only for our brothers and sisters affected by any tragedy, but for anyone in need of assistance. I always find it encouraging to see pictures of ones affected by this tragedy carrying Bible Teach books. That lets me know we're doing our job.

Boy, are you drinking the Koolaid.... Do you even think about what you are saying, or do you just regurgitate what is written in the yearbook.

First to arrive....lol.. What an ridiculous statement. It almost makes it seem as if bethel has special response units for search and rescue, and helicopters to drop food in hard to reach areas... give me a break.

This first to arrive actually means the local branch makes some arrangements to give some food and shelter to some of the local brothers, and then at some point gets a group together to try to rebuild some of the homes.

How much is this costing the organization? Not very much. But not to worry, the writers of the yearbook will dig up any stories of local brothers who help others out of their own initiative and take credit for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit