Emergency relief fund for the Philippines. How will it work.

by joe134cd 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• emeth
    emeth

@joe134cd i saw this link popping up when browsing

dominicantoday.com/dr/poverty/2010/3/4/34997/Jehovahs-Witnesses-relief-efforts-in-Haiti-highlight-international-unity

quote from the article is

There are an estimated 10,000 of Jehovah’s Witnesses who lived in the disaster area. Today, 6 weeks after this tragedy of epic proportions and with only a few weeks until the rainy season, a reported 700,000 people are living out in the open in makeshift shelters. Efforts are being made to provide adequate transitional housing. Pre-fabricated wood and tin structures are being prepared to be assembled on-site for the approximately 5000 witnesses that have lost their homes.

And i think the JW's did a good job since this article speaks about 10,000 witnesses and in last years yearbook the average nr of publishers was 17,403 and 6% growth so in just a few years the number of JW's almost doubled in size there

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

There is a story about another church in the Philippines whose building withstood the typhoon but refused to shelter ALL people who are not members of their church.

http://philnews.ph/2013/11/11/iglesia-ni-cristo-church-iloilo-refused-shelter-typhoon-yolanda-victims/

I think the WTS would do the very same thing and proclaim later on that they were the only ones saved by God.

Meanwhile, we saw videos of the typhoon's devastating power from inside a Catholic church. Why? Because everyone was let in--including the TV news reporters that couldn't hold back their tears sharing what they saw (shown in the video link below).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=y438d4VlGeQ

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

emeth:

However i consider witnesses as my family so that is why i mentioned them.
    you would also look after your own family, mom,...dad... grandma,..brothers and sisters first like anybody else.

emeth, who would you look after first: a disfellowshipped blood relative, or a JW?

in emergency situations all do no matter what a family member believes

Why? Do you help them, then go back to shunning them?

Is Armageddon an emergency? What if Armageddon starts, but you don't know yet that it's actually Armageddon? You might be 'grieving the holy spirit' by helping a 'worldly person', or even 'worse', a 'disfellowshipped relative'.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Better still would be for the WT to ask for funds, and then pass all of them to proper Charities who are actually going to use them for the good of the poor suffering people there.

If they gave these funds to the Red Cross of another larger organization, it would be better utilized.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Stop it, you're killing me!!

Not gunna happen!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

emeth:

And i think the JW's did a good job since this article speaks about 10,000 witnesses and in last years yearbook the average nr of publishers was 17,403 and 6% growth so in just a few years the number of JW's almost doubled in size there

No. The article said in the disaster area, not in the country. And how the hell did your brain rationalise "6% growth" with "almost doubled in size"?!

• prologos
    prologos

wt has in the past in that country given some relief MONEY to jw victims of winds on at least one occasion after inspection the damage/ need, no questions of repayment asked.

If you survive, raising a coconut lumber& bamboo, thatched- roof hut is not an unusual, or major undertaking, it is always done to last until the next disaster.

a little money will go a long way for a group where graft should be low.

first order of business:

it is four days, Lazarus in mind?

Jesus' wise words let -- bury the dead.

WT should shine, Japan, Anzac are closest.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ will suck every penny out of this disaster..

JWs will provide Materials and Labour..

WBT$ will collect disaster relief money provided by the government..

Costs the WBT$ nothing,they make a nice profit..

Much easier than robbing Banks..

....................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• emeth
    emeth

@jeffro the 6% growth was the percentage of growth of just one year, last year. But you can check more yearbooks and see that their growth after the earthquake is high

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

emeth:

@jeffro the 6% growth was the percentage of growth of just one year, last year. But you can check more yearbooks and see that their growth after the earthquake is high

The earthquake was in 2010. There was not astronomical growth in the other two years. You're just wrong.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

SFPW - I love your quote: 'We are usually amongst the first to arrive and provide support not only for our brothers and sisters affected by any tragedy, but for anyone in need of assistance. I always find it encouraging to see pictures of ones affected by this tragedy carrying Bible Teach books. That lets me know we're doing our job.' This proved the point I was making above. I still think your comments are made ironically because I find it hard to accept that anyone on this chatsite would say such things seriously. The WBTS encouarges Witnesses to be like vultures turning up at disaster sites trying to push the propaganda to those who are vulnerable rather than providing the humanitarian aid that is actually required. I would be interested to hear from SFPW as to whether the Super Typhoon was an act of Jehovah as a sign that the GT/big A are coming soon or wheterh is was an act of man as a result of global warming (which I think is not an unreasonable argument) and shows how man's evilness is destroying the planet the big J gifted to us. The latter argument, while being consistent with general WBTS propaganda does not fit with the Bible, which makes the big J the architect of natural disasters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit