Emergency relief fund for the Philippines. How will it work.

by joe134cd 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• wasblind
    wasblind

It is natural that one would help his family members FIRST.___emeth

True, normal folks would. Regaurdless of what thier family member may or may not believe

• emeth
    emeth

@wasblind in emergency situations all do no matter what a family member believes, thinking otherwise makes you look not that smart

• wasblind
    wasblind

Who in the heck are you trynna convince ?

This is a religion that claims all who do not share the

belief of the WTS will be destroyed

Should it matter if they are left without in a typhoon ? No

because accordin' to the WTS they were not under the safety net of " Mother "

this means no help

• emeth
    emeth

@wasblind it looks like you make up your own doctrines and beliefs or did not pay attention at all when you were in any Kingdom Hall. In any way your thoughts does not match mine at all.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Your thought do not match mine at all _____emeth

I know. I have independant thoughts.

And you think " Limited contact " is a provision of love ?

trust, the WTS don't want the sheep wastin' to much time on " swine "

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wasblind it looks like you make up your own doctrine____emeth

" When it is necessary to disfellowship an unrepentant wrong doer from the congregation, a brief announcement is made, simply stating [ the name of the person ] is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." there is no need to elaborate. this will alert the faithful ( brainwashed ) members of the congregation to stop associating with that person."_____Organized to do Jehovahs Will book page 154

" For example, a person might renounce his place in the christian congregation by his actions such as, by becoming part of a secular organization that has objectives contrary to the bible and , hence, is under judgement by jehovah."___Organized to do Jehovah's Will book page 155

• wasblind
    wasblind

Jehovah's Witnesses are not allowed to get involved in the Red Cross

because the WTS claims it does things that Jehovah objects to.

But at the same time Jehovah's Witnesses who's houses burn down or get flooded

or if they need blood fractions, can take from this so -called organization that Jehovah objects to

• wasblind
    wasblind

Talk to me emeth. bring it on

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Jehovah's Witnesses are not allowed to get involved in the Red Cross

Yes... and considering the fact that the Watchtower society has no programs or arrangements to help those who gave up on education and careers to peddle their literature on a full time basis, the Red Cross and other "evil" worldly charity organization might be only solution for those who fall unto hard times, since as we know not a penny from the Watchtower will be provided.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Look I never intended this thread to be about who help who, and been brainwashed, disfellowshiped etc. What I am trying to find out is if the society would be some what reluctant to help the needy in a less wealthy area (e.g Haiti), where there would be little or no chance of been able to retrieve the money OR weather it would be full steam ahead when they knew there would be a chance of a pay out. BTW thank you Sloppy Joe As you came the closest to giving me the answer i was looking for. What I am after is a person who has an eye witness account of the assistance given to the rich and affluent VS the poor and destitute. Are there still witnesses living in the ghettos in Haiti who still don't have a roof over their head, but the brother down the road has his house rebuilt because he was insured.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit