Emergency relief fund for the Philippines. How will it work.

by joe134cd 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• emeth
    emeth

@ShirleyW you would also look after your own family, mom,...dad... grandma,..brothers and sisters first like anybody else.

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe

Well I can't speak for this tragedy but being present for hurricane Katrina and then later hurricane Ike, JWs were nowhere to be found. Lots of food and clothing donations made from other churches and private groups, but again I never saw one donation or assistance made by any JWs.

In Texas when the New Orleans residents were bussed to large warehouses I saw one JW carry a watchtower around on display. I don't know if he was preaching or trying to find any witnesses but I never saw an outcome as the rest of us were actually doing work to help.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Cantleave wrote - "After the Tsumani we were told not contribute to worldly funds but to contribute to the worldwide work. We were told NOT to mark these donations for any particular use and the society would use the funds donated in the most appropriate way"

Doesn't that sound kinda suspect, not to mark the donations for how you want it to be used, the society would use the funds in most appropriate way. I'm quite sure they did use the donation in "the most approriate way" just wonder if those who suffered from the Tsumani even saw 10 percent of it.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I most certainly would help family emeth, but you wrote:

The same do Jehovah's Witnesses when they start to help their spiritual familymembers first. nothing wrong with that

Blood comes FIRST, so make up your mind, blood family first or spiritual family first?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Jehovahs' Witnesses cling to the brain washed and won't help disfellowshipped blood relatives

emeth KNOWS this

The threat of Disfellowship is a strong armed tactic to keep them in the fold

so they can recieve help from family in times like these

• emeth
    emeth

@Shirley since the majority of the Jehovahs Witnesses around the world is not affected, and therefor our 'blood' relatives are unharmed, by this typhoon its only logic that we help our spiritual familymembers overthere in the Philipines.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So basically what you're saying is the JWs help there own and don't give a damn about the others, unless they're doing the preaching work and are trying to get their time in by placing the literature with the "worldly folks" then you care about the others because that's you get those hours in every week !!

• wasblind
    wasblind

emeth evades shirley's question and has proved my point on how Jehovah's Witnesses

treat Blood relatives in times like these, if they no longer

believe in the lies of the WTS

Your on a roll emeth . keep up the good work

• emeth
    emeth

@shirley i did not say that at all. I said that it is natural that one would help his familymembers FIRST.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm not going to go round and round in circles with this convo, had wayyyyyy tooooooo much of that with my mother, who was a blind follower of a man made cult, just like you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit