I hate being ugly!

by Space Madness 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

Ditto on your moms being a jerk. Be awesome on the inside. It will come.

A great quote I like is: If you are looking for the love of your life, stop. Love will find you when you start doing what you love.

Moral? Dive into a hobby or something you are passionate about. Love will find you. You don't have to look for it non stop.

Hang in there. Stay positive.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

good call coma. love happens when you are not searching.

• Stauros
    Stauros

Well, do your best to groom yourself in an appropriate manner and conduct yourself in a good manner. At times personality shines through appearance to some people that are not so much into appearance. I myself consider myself to be average in appearance and I do my best to maintain my body. I will not pursue a female that I feel is too attractive because I would feel intimidated by her. Do you expect to get a beautiful women if you are less than attractive, or do you go after those that might be considered not so attractive? I know a guy that looks at slim females and makes fun of those that are heavier. He is heavy himself so how can he put down others that are just like him? It makes no sense to me. I feel he is being hypocritical.....

E.

• clarity
    clarity

Great advice on here for you Space Madness.

>

One thing for sure that is not attractive ...

is taking drugs to numb your mind!

>

Face your problem head-on... wide awake!

>

Women like a guy with 'backbone' & common sense.

>

Prove your mother wrong ...... get busy!

clarity

ps ...I'll put you on my Newbie List

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hey Space, Everyone has their own personal unique beauty and style.

You just haven't taken the time to examine your good points.

If you want to personally PM me or some of the other posters that have responded to your thread, tell us what you look like. Only if you want to.

One of the most devastating problems, I can think of, are break outs. I really never had any, but I can see the pain and suffering on those that do.

I have a Chinese Doctor friend. She would happily tell me of some of her patients who came to her with bad acne and she helped balance their hormones and that cleared up their acne.

Bad posture can cause lack of confidence. You might need Chiropractic help or a brace or exercise.

Do you wear glasses? Laser surgery is wonderful.

Do your ears stick out? You can have them surgically pinned back.

Are your teeth crooked, stick out or are they rotten ? Come on now. If you smile and it isn't pretty you have to get yourself to a good Dentist.

Do you have a big nose? Personally I think the bigger they are the sexier they look, especially on men. I have a small nose. I wouldn't have minded if it were a bit bigger. I think bigger noses look distinguished.

Are you over weight . Start exercising and lifting weights. If you are under weight , get your self to a good gym where the guys there will instruct you how to eat and exercise to build yourself up.

Do you have bad breath? Maybe you are lactose intolerant. See your doctor. Does your body smell? Maybe you need to see a health professional to guide you to eating better quality foods. Do you sweat exceedingly under your arms? You can get botox for that.

Are your eyebrows so hairy they have become one? Easily taken care of. Are you a pale blonde with pale eyelashes so you look anemic? You can get your lashes and eye brows dyed. Are you going bald? It is OK for men.

Tell us what your coloring is and we will tell you what colors would be becoming on you.

Also, a tiny splash of fresh smelling cologne on a clean body with clean clothes is a yes, in anyone's book.

That is all I can think of.

How is your personality? There are all kinds of nice looking men around but if you have a zero personality, it does not matter what you look like. No woman likes zero.

I hope I have helped a little. What the other posters said is wisdom too.

If a guy does not exude confidence...

LoisLane

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Drugs will maken people ugly... it is in NO way helping your mindset, mate!

Looks are not making someone pretty... Charisma does. Focus on the inside and find something you can exel in. It will attract women like a magnet.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Space Madness,

You have only posted 9 times. I am a woman, and I like your posts. I love chemistry, and space too. Like someone else said, women find well groomed men attractive.

My husband is ugly, and I married him for more reasons than his looks.

Keep posting here Space Madness. You mother was awful to tell you at 17yrs you were ugly. I would never say that to my kids. Kate xx

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's about attitude not looks. Maybe time to visit a counsellor get some help with the old self confidence.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There is someone for everyone. If you have a positive energy and smile alot, you will attract people. I would like to see a photo and see if you are being unreasonably harsh on yourself.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

@Kate.... Loved your comment! Does your husband know you think he's ugly? ;-)

There have been lots of serious comments above with lots of good advice. Just to inject a little light humour into proceedings it does make me remember Mrs Merton from years ago when interviewing Debbie McGee....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-9lSEBBm0

Around 58 seconds in.

For those who don't know Mrs Merton is a character played by a far younger comic Caroline Aherne. The show dates from the 90s. Debbie McGee is married to an magician called Paul Daniels, a stalwart of UK light entertainment through the 70s, 80s and onwards. He is around 20 years older than her and not much of a looker.

Just watch the clip - the joke is a classic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit