Come... take the free gift of the water of life!

by tec 143 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Loz.

Peace and love to you and to your loved ones, as our Lord gives these things,

Your sister and servant, in Christ,

tammy

• adamah
    adamah

Huh, and here I thought Kristnas only gave flowers to people in busy airports; I never thought they'd be able to find a way to give them out electronically....

Peace and love, your humble servant in Christ

Adam

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Both of them like to capitalize some words too.

Or they are the same person or they are infected with same mental virus. I know people can be programmed to use same language and thought pattern in controled environments (like the Borg).

Tec, about the bible writing... I used an analogy showing that you cannot hide your style even when is mixed up with others. The principle is the same, one writing as several people or several people writing as one, it's an equation.

• tec
    tec

Peace and love, your humble servant in Christ

Adam

I had to smile... genuinely at this Adamah. One who makes a claim might well be held TO that claim.

So may your words be true, Adam... if you wish them to be. Because though there is flak to take from others in belonging to Christ and serving, the hope and joy and peace and love that is found in Him, that He gives as gifts to those who belong to Him... these things are breathtaking. I mean that truly... sometimes they are so strong and so powerful and so pure, that we sometimes have to catch our breath when receiving them.

May you also have these things Adamah, and ears to hear as the Spirit and the Bride say to you, "Come... and take the free gift of the water of life!"

Peace and love to you, as my Lord gives peace and love,

Your servant in Christ,

tammy

• adamah
    adamah

I probably should've put a winkie in there, I guess, as Jesus said it better than I could: it would be easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle before I would see the Bible as anything other than ancient fictional writings depicting a brutal amoral culture and set of laws that a shockingly large number of people today squander their lives on, chasing after an age-old pipe-dream that is far older than Christianity or ANY OTHER religion. Aesop's Fables contains more lasting aphorism stories than the Bible, and the Code of Hammaurabi contains fairer legal concepts, but it's odd you don't see people squandering their entire lives on it, hoping for a time when their lives are ruled by it?

Adam

• tec
    tec

I guess, as Jesus said it better than I could: it would be easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle

You forget that He followed this up by saying, "With God, all things are possible."

Not that i would promote the bible over Christ... but rather for you to come to know Christ.

Peace and love to you,

tammy

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Funny how Jesus invites us all to '"ome drink life's water free" yet in the Old Testament, Jehovah, of whom Jesus is the exact representation, caused famines to both the Israelites and their enemies that would have caused untold starvation, death and misery. One 3 year famine was only ended when 7 men and their sons where sacrificed to Jehovah and strung up on a hill:

http://www.illustratedbiblestories.ca/raindance_2.htm

• tec
    tec

Do you not understand that it is not 'jehovah' who shows us Christ... but it is Christ who shows us His Father?

His words were not... if you know my father you know me also. His words are... if you know ME, you know my Father also.

Peace to you,

tammy

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

So Tammy, you have thus once again admitted on this forum, as you have on numerous occasions, that you do not belive in the inerrancy of the old testament. You have openly stated that you do not believe that certain passages of scripture in the Hebrew Scriptures are accurate, historical accounts of what what God actually did, ie, the numerous passages recounting YHWH's atrocities, genocide, etc. Having thus accepted the errancy of scripture you have thus ripped out the foundation upon which you stand, sawn off the branch upon which you sit. You deny the inspiration of certain passages of the Bible but you continue to insist that we must all come to Jesus, and you continue to fanaticise and harange us when you have no moral, philosophical or rational basis whatsoever for continuing to do so.

You are a hypocritical CHERRY-PICKER of scripture. Reject the OT but accept everything in the NT about Jesus.

Since you do not really believe the Bible, yet you continue to insist that Jesus is the only way, you are therefore nothing but a mystic or a spirit-medium. You hear messages from Jesus, despite rejecting the total inspiration of scripture. You are a spirit-medium, a witch.

• tec
    tec

A witch, huh? Now that is a new one, lol.

A new one for me... at least. It is not a new accusation against women... especially women who spoke against the ruling authorities (the church/rcc... and otherwise) of their day.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit