The Jehovah's Witness religion has gone for good !!!

by snare&racket 76 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Thank you for your kind words x

We lived it and we left it behind, that makes us the lucky ones. For those determined to stay isolated from real life and follow this circus to the next town, let them be, it isn't there time...

But it is our time.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

While I appreciate the prose of the OP, and the nostalgic feelings it brought on, I largely disagree with the assertion that this is a 'totally different religion'. It's at least 95% the same as it was in the '80s or '90s. The core doctrine is precisely the same.

I see a few posters on here confusing modernization for "mainstreamization" or some other thing. So the Society has a web site. So they showed tablets on stage at the AGM. Big freaking deal! This just means they are playing catch-up with technology since they know the friends already embracing these things and they don't want to become outmoded. Let's not confuse JWs with the Amish. JWs used modern technology throughout the 1900s in preaching. This is nothing new.

If a JW elder from today had gone back in time and quizzed you on your beliefs in the '80s, you would have found yourselves in almost total agreement. One notable recent change is the narrowing of the identity of the F&DS from the anointed remnant to the Governing Body, but how much effect does that have on the day-to-day religion in terms of the conducting of meetings, the practice of field service, etc.? Absolutely none. Sorry, but this is making a mountain out of a molehill.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Oh Snare... Thanks for the laughs and your clever insight. lol

The part I liked the best was the part about cold Saturday mornings, trying to place mags , about ANYTHING, lol lol lol,

to normal, nicely mannered householder's, who just had their beautiful morning disturbed, again,

by robotic drones, spewing out what we had been told to say, Thursday night.

I enjoyed the read.

LoisLane

• Comatose
    Comatose

Great post. :-) this is our time.

We are on the beach of a large unexplored country. They are sailing off into the ocean trying to find land. We tried to convince our loved ones we had found a nice place to stay. They acted like we were crazy and sailed off shaking their heads at us. They will sail the ocean looking for a land they will never find. Meanwhile we build our cities and explore our world.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Apognophos an elder from the 80's or 90's transported to 2013 would be asking where the friendly lions were and why were there still damned catholics walking around in paradise?... Also maybe WHY are YOU using the internet? The internet is EVIl ! He may also scratch his head as to why they were painting over the signs in Brooklyn...

But anyway...

I am happy that in your life you feel differently to me and my experience, we both just offer opinion, though to be fair there are large changes to the religion as is evident in the facts.

Even a local elder who bumped into me in work a few weeks ago told me that the JW's were progressing so quickly I would not recognise them anymore... and I don't, I am glad that you do, all the best.

• fredPotato
    fredPotato

Hey Snare I second you post! Although I live in a totally different country, I can assure the feeling we had here was about the same you described... same memories! Oh those "Book study" Tuesday nights.... it makes me nostalgic mainly because of the friends we had back then

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

Well it all begins with the GB "body" (1976) as an addition to the one and only "body of the Christ" - that in itself was a signal; So it is just repeating Israel's lawless pattern in JWs, or Christendoms's and JWs too must also be mostly rejected in a final judgment (and JWs should know this concept well); In spite of ALL the Israel and Christendom patterns, JWs still do not see the very pattern in the Bethel apostasy as also a final prophecy (2Thess2:3) leading to final JW judgment (1Pet4:17);

It is merely repeating again;

Now EVERYTHING is there in the JW apostasy, except for the judgment; But it will come, it will come;

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

Still trying to find the words that scream "I agree" in the strongest way possible.

• bigmac
    bigmac

the tuesday night book study---early 60's--handsworth---birmingham--UK

in the parlour of the lovely old sister--one of the annointed--a winters evening. an hours walk away -(we didnt own a car back then )

why didnt the daft old bat light the fire-??-the room was freezing.

and the west indian brother taking the book study--?--- a jamaican accent--the rest of us couldnt understand a single word he said.

and me--reading the paragraphs out loud--no one could understands a single word i said-----my teeth were chattering so bad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what a bunch of total crackpots---and god was going to save us bunch of loonies--?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

.....and now a JW.org shopping channel..... nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit