The Jehovah's Witness religion has gone for good !!!

by snare&racket 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Zoos
    Zoos

Yeah, they warned us this would happen if we didn't keep up with Jehovah's celstial chariot. LOL

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

I agree with all you've said. I've only been out 6 months but it's not the religion I grew up in. I hadn't even realised how much things had changed until recently because I was so brainwashed and just going through the motions. Yes, there are a lot of people, good people, that I miss but I don't miss the religion at all.

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

Wow snare and a racket. I grew up in this joke religion and did my "time " in the 80's, and I identified with everything you wrote. You described how I felt and what I did like you knew me!! I could'nt agree more.

Kensei

• Oneoutallout
    Oneoutallout

Very nicely put! Thanks

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

A really exceptional piece of writing that hits the nail on the head and evokes memories that most will share.

Loz x

• DavidAvid
    DavidAvid

Snare & Racket,

Thank you for your heart felt and sincere words. They moved me.

I have dedicated over 30 yrs of my life to WTBTS. My wife and all her family have good 'spiritual heritage' My family all accepted the truth - because of me :-(

I now find i am dis-enchanted far too many reason to list here and far too personal some of them.

But I do have sincere questions and dont know where to turn or look.

But I just thought I would say thank you for your words - they resonated with me so so much.

David

• trebor
    trebor

snare&racket, that was excellent...thank you for sharing it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Well said!

Hello to the rest of your life!

• rawe
    rawe

Hi Snare x,

"The religion is so far and so different to the religion I grew up in that it has become something I feel no affiliation with anymore, no bond, no shared ideas or even sentimental views."

"Natura non facit saltus" is a latin phrase I first saw in Darwin's book Origin of Species. It means "nature does not make jumps" and is used to explain how evolution is a gradual process that operates over time. Eventually though a species must adapt to a new environment or face extinction. This appears to have happened to Jehovah's Witnesses. Even growth creates pressure on the organisim, since each new publications must be printed in ever increasing numbers. The emphasis on end-of-days prophesy inevitably creates increase pressure over time as such predictions are sure to not work out. The arival of new forms of communications such as internet calls out for adapation. Legal and media pressure has impact. The ease of communication among former members is not something the organization has faced in the past.

So... I agree, Witnesses in 2013 are a now a new species even since 2004 (or 2007 when I left). Since the late 1990s there has been much focus on reducing the cost of printing. Discouraging education has reaped a membership who need a simplified message. The organization started out as a group of intense Bible students, searching verse high and low for this or that prophetic pattern. Numeric information in the Bible was a source of endless facination for the group. Very bold and persistent in-your-face preaching has now given way to very passive forms, such as carts and tables left alone until someone walks up.

The phrase "fatherless child" replacing "fatherless boy" hits this point home for me. The old world of the Bible was male focused, wherein inheritance travelled from father to son. Stories of how women like Ruth and Naomi are set in this context, how they secure a future based on a male proxy. Thus the lowest most vunerable position OT writers could imagine was a "boy" without a father. But all that is swept aside in an effort to make a more palatable modern sounding message.

Cheers,

-Randy

• sir82
    sir82

They are definitely in transition....what will the final product be?

I suspect, as others have posted, they are envious of the financial success and influence on politics that the Mormons have.

I would not be surprised if their best & brightest minds (such as they are, the ones remaining) are feverishly working on how to "scripturally justify" tithing and political action.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit