The Jehovah's Witness religion has gone for good !!!

by snare&racket 76 Replies latest jw friends

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

That was awesome. It sounds like we are about the same age.............that brought back some memories.

I'd like to add goodbye actual Bible conversations that had some depth....

The new 'JW' has no clue what this bizarre organization was before.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

To think what it has become today in 2022….. an unrecognisable internet meme of a religion.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

What a brilliant post Snares !!! I chuckled at so many of them. When I looked at the date I had a good snort, too! I only noticed because of the new Bible comment ...I thought does OP mean a new foreign language translation? Or have they gone and done a new, completely loopy translation complete with Governing Boobies in Jerusalem that Paul (definitely did) visit. And a wicked and adulterous overlapping generation that keeps getting the sign wrong (shurely shome mishtake....Toni (hic) M.)

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

The "Trooth" of what it was in the past and is now is very much a real joke. It has changed so much. Alot of BS! You can see it clearly now.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Foolednomore: "...what it was in the past and is now is very much a real joke. It has changed so much. Alot of BS! You can see it clearly now."

Ephesians 6:4 in the old WT/JW New World Translation read:

And you fathers, do not be irritating your children, but go on bringing them up in the discipline and mental regulating of Jehovah.

Ephesians 6:4 in the WT/JW Revised New World Translation now reads:

And fathers, do not be irritating your children, but go on bringing them up in the discipline and admonition of Jehovah.

It literally took the WTBTS/Jehovah’s Witnesses some 60 to 70 years to figure out that you don't "mentally regulate" a young mind unless your intention is to turn your followers/rank & file members into mind-controlled cyborgs...sadly, which is what most JWs act like!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Very well written.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

JWGB

I always had an issue with the old NWT 'mental regulating' in Eph 6:4. Besides the connotations of mind control, the Greek just didn't support the NWT reading. The translator really used his imagination to justify the 'mental regulating' wording. Most other translations simply rendered it 'admonition', and when the 2013 NWT returned to 'admonition', I was glad to see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit