The Jehovah's Witness religion has gone for good !!!

by snare&racket 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The "Primary Beliefs" have changed since I left, less than a decade ago.

By "Primary Beliefs" I mean the unique teachings of JW's.

The things that they teach in common with other religions, or the things they refrain from teaching, in common with other religions, are not the Primary Beliefs that they could quote to prove they are the true religion.

Also they have never fulfilled Matt 24v14, and are now downsizing and becoming ever less likely to be able to even claim they are coming close to doing so.

The majority of the population of the World has never heard of them.

The religion I was born in to in the early 1950's is long, long gone, it changed several times in between then and when I left, and really was not the religion I was born in to.

The religion I left less than a decade ago is gone.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

UCNM: the primary thing I thought was them fulfilling matt 24:14

Well they clearly have NOT done that.

Although the religion has spread throughout many countries worldwide, the objective truth is that the majority of humans alive have not personally been "witnessed to" by JWs.

That's just a fact. To deny that is to deny reality. 99.9% of humans on Earth are NOT JWs. There is essentially no penetration into China and all the Muslim countries worldwide.

Fail!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

[DOUBLE POST]

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

Well, you had to give it to Fred Franz. At least his writings were extravagently detailed enough to invoke a kernel of awe. This current crop is confused and comparatively simplistic.

At least in the Franz era, we had some meat (albeit TVP that was flavored to taste sort of like meat).

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

the house I purchased many years ago has changed over the years but when people ask ir I'm still in the same house I say yes still looks the same from the road fundamentally its still the same house.

as they seemed to believe that teachings could be changed but it was Gods organization then I dont see the religion has changed. Just my view.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I understood that the preaching of the good news of the kingdom spoke of in matT 24:14 was the good news of the establishment of Gods kingdom in 1914 with the benefits it would bring with in the generation that saw the sign in preaching this on a world wide scale something that no other religion is doing they were fulfilling the scripture

this I believe is was a unique teaching that is fundamentally at the heart of the religion

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

UCNM: I understood that the preaching of the good news of the kingdom spoke of in matT 24:14 was the good news of the establishment of Gods kingdom in 1914 with the benefits it would bring with in the generation that saw the sign in preaching this on a world wide scale something that no other religion is doing they were fulfilling the scripture this I believe is was a unique teaching that is fundamentally at the heart of the religion

Well ok then. If that makes sense to you, then go for it. Because it doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not sure why you keep trying to convince us that you see it differently. We get that.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

The JW faith is evolving at such rapid pace that it's become quite the task just trying to keep up.

I, and other kindred spirits inside, find it fascinating watching the speedy evolution. Hang on!

GC

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Oubliette I was just explaining my view. Im no longer a witness.

• suavojr
    suavojr

• Increased prominence of the GB members
    • JW.ORG
    • JW TV
    • Bibles deliberately "revised" to "prove" JW beliefs
    • iPads at meetings
    • Streaming GB members internationally
    • FDS down from over 11k to only 7 GB members
    • Gog is not Satan
    • JWs now believe the Rapture
    • Basic Pioneering of 10 hours/month
    • Increased emphasis on money: frequent petitions for donations and contributions

Well we now have the 11 easy steps to salvation!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit