The Jehovah's Witness religion has gone for good !!!

by snare&racket 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

No you did not. This is why I'm asking because your answers suggest that you might.

In JW-land the R&F are not even allowed to openly question any doctrines, policies or practices without the risk of being labelled an "apostate" and expelled from the religion, being cut-off and shunned by family members and friends.

Yet, the WT leaders have changed dozens of core doctrines, changed long-standing, deeply entrenched policies and practices and the majority of the R&F don't even bat an eye.

By the WT leadership's own over rigid definition of what constitutes an "apostate," they have changed this religion. Their definition, their standard, not mine.

I'm just holding their feet to the same fire they held mine.

They're hypocrites, liars and shameless con-artists.

By their own standards, the current religion is NOT the same as the one I joined in the '80s.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i see it differently

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

The more things change the more they are the same.

Alphonse Karr

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ucantnome, i see it differently

Well okay then.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

GC, exactly!

The WTBTS/JW have gone mainstream.

Now they're different just like every other religion.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    The 1954 Douglas Walsh Transcript--PDF

in this thread it mentions about unity even if someone doesn't agree and the teaching was wrong it was still Jehovah's organization. this was in 1954. (not that i am supporting the view) but i don't think it has changed.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

UCNM, Now you're agreeing with me.

I wrote in my Post 4159 above, "Besides the insistence on unquestioning obedience ... what's the same?"

BTW, if you intended to post a link to the Walsh Trial transcript, it didn't work.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

RELIGION:

1: a set of beliefs ... .

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion

My thesis, and that of S&R in the OP, is that the "set of beliefs" that JWs had when we joined are now completely different. Therefore, it is not the same religion, by definition.

As this group has evolved and morped over the years, it has continued to be an authoritarian, high-control group. Many people, myself included, would call this a cult. But as a religion defined by a "set of beliefs," it is clearly not the same as it once was.

You don't have to agree with this. It seems that you are arguing because you don't understand our position on this point.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

yes I know the link didn't work my computer is old.

besides the view that it is Gods organization that has changed things at times I think a witness accepts them as the faithful slave and needs to study witness and be baptized and in order to gain Gods approval support the anointed in the preaching. Which in my view is the same religion I was part of.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

which seem to me to be a fundamental set of beliefs

the primary thing I thought was them fulfilling matt 24:14

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit