The Jehovah's Witness religion has gone for good !!!

by snare&racket 76 Replies latest jw friends

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

Wow Snare,

What a great year old post! If it wasn't for reading posts on this site, I wouldn't have realized just how much the cult has changed. Your good-bye list brought back memories I haven't thought of in years. Most of them humorous. It hadn't really occurred to me that the religion I left, other than some fundamental craziness, no longer exists. Again, great post!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

S&R: I left a religion that ......simply does not exist anymore!

I've often felt the same way myself.

How can we be "apostates" when the religion we joined is gone, non-existant?

On the other hand, the reason it is gone is that the WT leaders themselves were the Original Apostates, progressively changing the religion to suit their own selfish, deluded desires.

Great thread!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think it has changed but it's still the same religion in my view. i think it is the same system of faith and worship.

• suavojr
    suavojr

It's the same with a different packaging when we talk about core doctrines but the atmosphere and the sense of urgency is completely different. The GB is trying hard to make the Borg look normal to outsiders, but once you are inside they treat you like shit.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ucantnome: i think it has changed but it's still the same religion in my view. i think it is the same system of faith and worship.

Ok, that makes no sense, none at all.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I mean that there has been changes made, but it is still the same religion believing in the same God preaching the same message and doing the same things.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ucantnome, OK, they are CLEARLY NOT DOING THE SAME THINGS.

• Increased prominence of the GB members
    • JW.ORG
    • JW TV
    • Bibles deliberately "revised" to "prove" JW beliefs
    • iPads at meetings
    • Streaming GB members internationally
    • FDS down from over 11k to only 7 GB members
    • Gog is not Satan
    • JWs now believe the Rapture
    • Basic Pioneering of 10 hours/month
    • Increased emphasis on money: frequent petitions for donations and contributions

This is not the religion I joined in the '80s.

It is so substantially different in many significant ways.

Besides the insistence on unquestioning obedience and the claim that it's all for "Jehovah" because Armageddon's coming "soon," what's the same?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

to gain salvation as a witness you still have to do the same things. i think religion is defined as a particular system of faith and worship

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I do hope you don't believe that anyone can gain "salvation" by obeying the hypocrites that run this religion. Please tell me you don't believe that.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i never stated that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit