Does Anyone Remember the "Around The World Assemblies"?

by titch 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dagney
    Dagney

I was at Pasadena, 8yrs old. Wasn't there a parade of international delegates in native attire? I seem to remember that, could be wrong. I do remember being intrigued seeing Japanese delegates in full kimonos. Now I think, "how did they survive in those outfits in the heat?" I remember sitting outside the stadium trying to find shade. And the big announcement "BEWARE OF THE OLEANDER BUSHES! THEY ARE POISONIOUS!" Never forgot that...lol.

Jim TX :( wow.

Have since been to the Rose Bowl for tailgating at UCLA games, antique fairs, and my first Rolling Stones concert. (nods to designs.) Those were much more fun.

Oh...and I remember those clamp on seats. Actually those times were really fun.

• minimus
    minimus

I remember those days when the GB loved going overtime and listening to themselves speak. And the length of their prayers was RIDICULOUS!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Reading the bible by torchlight because the sessions were so long.

• mouthy
    mouthy

St George!!!! a question if I may? Why would you chat up a crumpet????

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

That must have been quite a lengthy talk by Knorr if so many of you remember it going long. How long are we talking about?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oy, the prayers!!!! Freddie's were known to last 20 minutes...he just went on and on and on.

• titch
    titch

OK, thanks for the responses from EVERYONE! I hope that I didn't evoke any unpleasant memories for anyone. And, now, I remember that it was, indeed, 8 days long, and not just 5, as I originally thought. I think that our congo, being in Orange County, chartered a bus to take us to and from the assembly. Oh, what fun that was! Another book that was released at that assembly was the book "All Scripture Is Inspired Of God." And, the large-print edition of the NWT. Anyway, the next long-term, looooong-day assembly that we had wouldn't be until 1969---7 days at "beautiful" Dodger Statium in July of 1969. Best Regards, evereyone.

Titch

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think that was assembly i got lost at when we were leaving and going to the coaches i was preschool.

• minimus
    minimus

I do remember all the tasty food in NYC's Yankee Stadium.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

HUsband just mentioned Knorrs closing prayer was 20 minutes long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit