Aust. Election in 1 week - A review of Kevin Rudd, PM

by fulltimestudent 197 Replies latest social current

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

mP, you're an idiot. I'll only give one more example of how you're wrong, because it's obvious you're true obtuse to actually understand the situation.

Why cant you simply compare the two numbers and shutup ?

You're relying on a correlation fallacy.

Given KR reversed Nauru and the numbers rocketed, what does that tell you ?

Numbers "rocketed" in 2009 as a direct result of specific situations in Afghanistan and Sri Lanka. People weren't just 'lining up' at the 'people smuggler shop' and being told by the nice people smugglers that they had to wait for Australian policy to change.

It's clear you have your own political views, and extraordinarily arrogant to just call anyone else a liar when they point out that you're wrong.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I notice the very 'bold' action of the Liberal party of finally releasing their costings just before the election and after the advertising blackout started, leaving most people no time to actually examine them. Of course, he'll just lie like Campbell Newman did and make further cuts anyway.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can't believe Australia will really vote for that numpty as prime minister.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Actually, SBF - like it or not, (and, I don't much like it) the Lib-Nats have run a very smart campaign. And, they have made good use of image-makers to make and remake Tony Abbotts image.

Also, the Labour party has not been very smart in the way they have gone about things. If the polls are right, then in 6 years, Labour will have gone from a decent majority in thr House of Reps. to an all-time low.

Whose fault?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

It's Labor party not Labour party . Geez....

• mP
    mP

Jeffro:

Numbers "rocketed" in 2009 as a direct result of specific situations in Afghanistan and Sri Lanka.

MP:

Asia is a large place with lots of countries in strife due to wars or natural causes. Go back any year and theres a place where people want to or are leaving.

But you gave some examples and i will show that your arguments are completely in error.

The examples you pick are flawed, because A has been at war or a place of oppression for over 30 years. IN the 80s they were fighting the Russians, then in the 90s we had the Taliban and their Sharia law and in the 2000s in addition to the T they had the war games of the western nations. Nothing dramatically changed in 2009 in A, its always been terrible.

Given the T power and areas under its control has been decreasing since the invasion, why would Afghans want to leave when things are getting better ? Sure its a terrible palce but at least its improving rather than getting worse ?

The same goes for SL. half the country has been a warzone for also dozens of years. In fact lately is actually been improving since the ceasefire. The violence has actually gone down and tehres some hope for peace, since hte end of the civil war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri_lanka_civil_war

The Sri Lankan Civil War was a conflict fought on the island of Sri Lanka . Beginning on 23 July 1983, there was an intermittent insurgency against the government by the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (the LTTE, also known as the Tamil Tigers), a separatist militant organisation which fought to create an independent Tamil state called Tamil Eelam in the north and the east of the island. After a 26-year military campaign, the Sri Lankan military defeated the Tamil Tigers in May 2009 , bringing the civil war to an end. [1]

How does the end of a civil war make the situation worse in SL that more people want to leave ? WHy did they stay during the war , but leave after the peace ?

So here we have two nations while terrible by western standards are actually to some degree improving ? Why would people stay during the bad times and leave when theres hope ?

Your comments just dont make any sense. Of course go into further details to enlighten us if you wish. I think its pretty obvious who is right and wrong.

• mP
    mP

Jeffro:

Why cant you simply compare the two numbers and shutup ?

You're relying on a correlation fallacy.

mP:

Of course i am. And the fact i put money in my bank account increases my balance is also a CF.

Put more effort in your repsonses, you spend more time with your straw man nonsense than proofs for any of your assertions.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Put more effort in your repsonses

To be honest, you're not worth more effort.

• mP
    mP

Jeffro:

Coward, and a liar. if your assertion were true, it would take 30 secs to find some news story or similar about some new tragedy in those unfortunate nations, but you cant because its allbullshit.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

mP:

Coward, and a liar. if your assertion were true, it would take 30 secs to find some news story or similar about some new tragedy in those unfortunate nations, but you cant because its allbullshit.

And that's the kind of arrogant crap that makes you not worth the effort.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit